• 297 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6667 Players Online
  • 6370 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Alpha Chaser Spawn Points

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by CrimsonComet, May 7, 2020.

1. Hey everyone! I am going to discuss Alpha Chaser Spawn Points, lets get right into it. As of lately in the Death Tag community, it has become very popular to queue to become the Alpha Chaser. For those who do not know what that is, the Alpha Chasers objective is to eliminate all runners in the game. So at that start of the game, an Alpha Chaser will not be selected by random if someone queued to become the chaser. The problem with this, is that if they game is 16+, the Alpha Chaser will spawn right next to a runner. Some chasers will ignore you and give you a chance, while others will wait for the game to begin so they can eliminate you instantly. You could sometimes escape this, but chasers start with speed in the first few seconds of the game.

Here is what I am proposing:

Create special Spawn Points for players who queue in to become chaser in games of 16+, so that runners are not spawned next to a chaser at the start of the game.

Alternatives:
    • Grant runners with more health at the start of the game, to avoid this (all runners are 3 taps)
    • Do not give speed to chasers at the start of the game (make it fair in terms of speed)
    • Put a cap on the amount of chasers at the start of the game (only 2 people can queue to be chaser)
    I think that this is a good idea because it is completely unfair to those who choose to be a runner. Usually, if no one queues to be a chaser, a runner will be selected at random. So it might not make sense to create special spawn points for people who queue. I totally could see both sides, but it is completely ridiculous when you start the game and spawn next to 3+ chasers. That is why I listed some possible alternatives to avoid this. Also, this will only happen in games of 16+ players!

Please let me know what you think!

Posted May 7, 2020
    x3bood, _Prof_, Zyta and 5 others like this.
  2. Example:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 7, 2020
    x3bood and RainbowUnicornGM like this.
  3. Yes! I agree this can be a big nuisance. If I had to guess I’d say this happens because the spawn data points are the same for both Runners and the Alpha Chaser, and since they are probably recognized as different groups, the Alpha Chaser can be assigned to any spawnpoint in the map, even if it’s occupied by a Runner. Again, that’s just speculation but I’d imagine the issue is caused by something along those lines. It’s likely a simple fix.

Posted May 7, 2020
    CrimsonComet likes this.
  4. Hello! Although I’m not an avid deathtag player, I have played this various times before, and I too have noticed this. It can definitely be irritating to spawn directly next to chasers, unless, of course, you wish to become a chaser yourself. For those who do not, it will ruin the game by giving the chasers an unfair advantage. I think implementing a spawn point that is assigned to chasers, is a great idea. Ultimately, I don’t see anything wrong with it, and I think it would increase gameplay drastically. Despite the fact that it might be annoying to spawn away from players as a chaser, it does benefit both sides a lot. As a chaser, you will be able to locate where players are from this location, and track them from that way, without the unfair advantage. As a player, it won’t be so difficult to escape the chasers at the beginning, but as the round progresses so will the challenge. I can definitely see this benefiting the gameplay of Deathtag.

Posted May 7, 2020
    CrimsonComet likes this.
  5. I think this is a good suggestion, and I really don't see any disadvantages to this improvement.

Posted May 7, 2020
    CrimsonComet likes this.
  6. what about just preventing them from spawning at the same spawn point?

Posted May 8, 2020
    CrimsonComet likes this.
  7. That’s what I hope will happen—making sure that chasers do not spawn on top of runners.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 8, 2020
    x3bood and Zyta like this.
  8. Hey! I am also going to have to agree with everyone else I think this is a fantastic idea! It is irritating when that does happen, I don't think they should add a cap to how many players can queue up for chasers though. I believe that they should either A. Not be able to spawn on top of runners as stated, or B. Not be spawned in at all until the game officially begins (the timer in the beginning runs out). I believe that chasers should still keep their speed though, I don't think that should be taken away since it helps them get kills in the beginning of matches.

Posted May 9, 2020
    CrimsonComet likes this.
  9. You can sort of avoid this by keeping a distance from all players before the AC gets selected. For various reasons, players may also want to stay in a certain area regardless if others are in their vicinity. This is where things may get ugly. Randomly choosing a player to be the AC may result in unlucky breaks to those who are just a few blocks away.

To implement the AC spawn points, there will be a few blocks on netherrack on the ground. The AC will spawn on top of it once chosen, and players cannot be closer than 5 blocks to the netherrack before the game starts.

With the alternatives, I believe all of your suggestions can pan out just fine to fix the problem. Giving runners extra hearts and removing chaser's speed at the start of the game do go hand in hand, as both are necessary to balance Death Tag.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted May 9, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and CrimsonComet like this.
  10. You must’ve misunderstood, before the game, players have the option to queue to become the chaser. So it would not be random. They start the game as a chaser already.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 9, 2020
    x3bood likes this.
  11. Hello!

I never thought that such a situation can even happen but it looks like an issue which some people do on purpose. Your video let me understand this issue better.

I'd like to see it be resolved but probably without adding separate spawn point since it will require to update all DT maps which can take a while and probably it will be hard to find suitable places for these spawn points on some map, so it's not that good idea. If you remember, in the game of Zombie Survival (similar to DT game | Not NANO one) which we used to have, there was like a separate point where zombie-players were spawning but it has been always in this game and it's not like DT in these terms since there was a suitable place for that and maps weren't too small like it's for DT. I don't think it's a good alteration for DT.

It might be better to limit how many Chasers there can be in the game to be like 2 just like you told or even remove an ability to queue Chasers team like it was in the previous engine since it's not really needed feature anyway. I don't think that anyone will complain if the ability to queue Chasers team will be gone since not a lot of people use it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing it be fixed in the future Arcade games update which we probably will get one day. Thanks for bringing this issue up!

Posted May 9, 2020
    CrimsonComet likes this.
  12. There are still a fair amount of games where nobody queues for chaser, since they cannot win anymore. In those situations, it is 100% indiscriminate.

Posted May 9, 2020
  13. I am super impressed at how well put together this thread is. I completely agree with everything you stated since I recently started getting into death tag. This happened to me a couple of times and due to some characteristics my account has, I get a lot of attention and end up getting targeted a lot. I think a spawn point for the Alpha Chasers in 16+ game is a great idea and hopefully it'll be implemented.

Posted May 13, 2020
    CrimsonComet and _Prof_ like this.