• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8041 Players Online
  • 5151 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Allow VPNs for players with poor connections (i.e ping is 150 or more)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Henrias360, Jul 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. first, booster DON'T work like normal vpns.

secondly, you are assuming that my web conditions are ideal. unfortunately, they are not. boosters make my conncection better by giving my packets a direct path to America, thus reducing packet loss

also, your words are not as good as an evidence as my experience. I can't play without boosters. I can play with them. I belive that explains it.

Posted Jul 10, 2020
  2. I actually get 20000ms without is. also, I don't think boosters spoof my ping, because Minecraft shows that I have 200 ping, and my hits are just about 0.2 seconds delayed.

Posted Jul 10, 2020
  3. listen. what he's saying is that your actual ping is hidden by the VPN. so, while it may say you have 30ms, you don't actually. that's just the time it takes for the vpn to get to the server, but not the you -> vpn -> server.

Posted Jul 10, 2020
    Gridlocke likes this.
  4. @AtLeastYouTried It seems that you are heavily misinformed. I urge you to revisit this information. However I won't be one to stop you from pursing what you believe to be a path to optimal game performance.

You're correct, I don't experience what you do. However, I do work with this type of stuff very regularly, so I do consider myself someone with a good grasp on how this works. But like I said, you are free to do as you please.

Just not on Mineplex, as it's not allowed on Mineplex, or most other servers, likewise. Using a booster/VPN can get you banned.

Posted Jul 10, 2020
  5. It says I get 200ms, and judging from the delay of my hits, I actually get 200ms

Posted Jul 10, 2020
  6. BRUH how am I supposed to convinve you
    lets just say this
    I can't even walk around without boosters
    and I can pvp well with them
    facts speak louder than words

Posted Jul 10, 2020
  7. this just isn't really how the internet works... the traffic going from Asia to America will go through one of these cables across the ocean, and it's designed to generally take the fastest path. there's not some kind of "fast lane" or something like this, that's just how it works.
    [​IMG]

Posted Jul 10, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 10, 2020
    Gridlocke likes this.
  8. ok, but boosters give you the most ideal connection you can possibly get. when i don't use them, my packets will have to find its own way across the pacific ocean, but once i use them, my packets will go from a node close to me, then through a cable they laid JUST for gamers seeking to reduce their ping, then to a node in america, then to mineplex. I can't play without them. I've tried. but once I use them I can pvp just like normal players

Posted Jul 10, 2020
  9. this just makes absolutely no sense, the screenshot you posted earlier had ~27000ms of ping, or 27 seconds. For context, the International Space Station, which, obviously, is in space has about 500ms - 700ms of ping. It would make no sense for you to have LITERALLY 45x the ping of the ISS, which again, is in space, when you are on Earth, only having to cross an ocean... just kinda confused, lol

Posted Jul 10, 2020
  10. because my web conditions SUCK. many paths leading to foreign countries are blocked/slow in china, so it's really hard for my packets to make it out of china without a booster

Posted Jul 10, 2020
  11. I feel a lot of people are misunderstanding @AtLeastYouTried in this thread. He isn't claiming that the booster or maybe even the vpn gives him some miracle 2 ms delay. All of us get that our distance to the server may only increase when using a vpn/booster thus increasing the ping. But what @AtLeastYouTried IS trying to get across is that it makes his gameplay noticeably smoother. Not as in he now somehow has 10ms delay but that he freezes less, lagbacks less, gets stuck in blocks less, hit registration is better and people actually move fluidly instead of zapping around. And to this I can definitely relate. When I used to use a vpn a long time ago on mineplex my ping would reduce from 240 to 230 which is basically nothing and probably a ping spoof but what I did notice was that I was no longer freezing and getting stuck in blocks or when the server loads in for the first time I wasn't sinking to an eternal void. My hit registry was good etc.

Tl;Dr vpns provide a steadier connection not reduce ping.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    AtLeastYouTried likes this.
  12. Hey there,
    We don't allow VPNs to prevent players from coming on multiple accounts and hacking.
    Players can also be banned for a compromised account if they use a VPN.
    If you look at this thread, https://www.mineplex.com/threads/anti-vpn-rollout.45117/, you can see that our
    Anti-VPN system will not change. Along with that, this idea has been suggested and denied in the past.
    To get more information on why it was denied, please go to https://www.mineplex.com/threads/stop-vpn-prohibition.78795/ and https://www.mineplex.com/threads/a-serious-problem-with-comp-account-bans.130231/page-4.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but this rule stands to keep the network safe for everyone.
    Therefore, I will be marking this as Idea Not Planned; this thread will be locked.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Sleick_97 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.