• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Allow to create your own tag

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf, Apr 13, 2019 at 6:30 PM.

?

Should this be added

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No (list why)

60.0%
  1. Allow to make your own tag, it should say

Minecraft In-Game Username

Tag Name:

Reason for tag:

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 6:30 PM
  2. Acerna

Acerna

oh your name is regular now

Tag name: Forums is my city

Reason for tag: I have no clue what this is, tags are what you put on posts

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 6:35 PM
  3. This is example

Name: IceLeopard

Tag name: icer

Reason for tag:

Cause I have ice in my name

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 6:45 PM
  4. Unfavorited

Unfavorited

I don't really see the need for this on the forums. Having something like this would more than likely cause confusion on the forums. Also, could you clarify what you mean by "tags" because of the only tag that mineplex uses on the forums are the tags that classify staff, subteams, etc.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 8:00 PM
    Snvy, pzazz and Jaekub like this.
  5. Or maybe the tags can describe a player like "creative", "good-at-building" ETC.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 8:03 PM
  6. AceSJus

AceSJus

Hey there!

I don't think this idea will be implemented any time soon. Your wall is much better suited for these types of descriptions (there is an Information tab in your profile). Plus, these will likely be very unorganized and messy, and would also require moderation since these could be used to break rules. Overall, I don't think this feature is necessary, although I do appreciate you putting your time into it. Have a great day!

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 8:22 PM
    Snvy and pzazz like this.
  7. Jaekub

Jaekub

Allowing players to create their own tags would be quite chaotic. The forums would be messy and newer players would be confused. Thanks for suggesting this! -1

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 10:53 PM
    pzazz likes this.
  8. GUNZxNxROSEZ

GUNZxNxROSEZ

If this were to ever be implemented I am sure it'd be a perk/benefit of the website for players who have a rank or PPC, but knowing it'll never be implemented I'll say my opinion:

The person who makes the tag for the websites will be overwhelmed with submissions and this won't really do anything except, as mentioned above throw people off what the tag means, and even though I am sure this won't really be an issue for Mineplex, but it'll use up disk space of the hosting machine for the site for useless images.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 11:34 PM
    pzazz likes this.
  9. I'd love to see this added. A filter would have to be added too, and of course MP will want to make money off it, so it's gonna be a cosmetic bought with minecoins. Also:
    Man, why such a downer? I mean, crush my Mineplex dreams, sure, but there's no reason to do this to someone else. Let's not make this user become Dust In The Wind. Oops, that's Kansas, not GN'Rs.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 12:28 AM
  10. pzazz

pzazz

This should not be added based on the sole factor that it will be confusing. Right now it is pretty simple we have a couple of donor ranks and some staff ranks, but if we factor in people's custom tags, everything will be a mess and it will be very messy to look at. Also, these tags would not be able to be produced at a fast rate, which then people would start complaining about how they haven't received their tags and it just would not be fun for anyone.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 12:41 AM
  11. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

I disagree with the custom tags because this will confuse a lot of the new players. We already have the tags in-game and the forums which will be the donor and staff ranks. If there are too many tags in-game and forums, then that will be more chaos, and too complicated. I feel like it is unnecessary to implement to both of the platforms. -1

Update: I have moved your thread to website feedback as it was requested by the Community Management team.

Thread moved to website feedback

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 1:20 AM,
    Last edited Apr 15, 2019 at 3:04 PM
    pzazz likes this.
  12. Do you really agree with me, cause some people say this just to make others feel better? If you really think its good, then why?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 4:21 PM
  13. If I say I like it, I do. I would love to have a tag like "Gem Animal" or something.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:21 PM
  14. Sophie_OGrady

Sophie_OGrady

He's not being a downer, he's simply stating his opinion on the idea that was suggested. The poll itself invites people who disagree with his idea to state why, and that's exactly what @GUNZxNxROSEZ did. That's how good discussion is created, through various people providing different viewpoints/opinions. If you don't want people to disagree with you then don't suggest anything - sorry.

Anyway, for the idea itself: I'm going have to agree with what people have stated above, which is I don't think this should be added. Something I like about the Xenforo website is that it has a very clean look/feel to it, something that Enjin lacked. By allowing people to add custom tags, it just makes the site look messy and removes some of the 'clean' appearances of it. You also already have various places you can share your interests, information about yourself, etc, such as the 'information' tab on your profile and in your signature. I think these two places provide sufficient space for you to share what you like, without the negative aspects associated with being able to add your own tags. If you really wish, replicate the site tags to the text/design you want, and put it into your signature.

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 8:30 AM
    GUNZxNxROSEZ likes this.