• 340 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2424 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Allow to change rank colors

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by FredModulars, Jun 22, 2019.

1. The title is self-explanatory. This is somewhat similar to my last idea proposal, but I feel this one has a bit more to it. I've heard many complaints on how the Eternal teal tag is an ugly color, so why not be able to switch to Titan Red or Ultra Blue?

Personally, I love the Titan color, which is why I haven't ever updated to Eternal. But I also love Legend Green, Ultra Blue, etc.

Posted Jun 22, 2019
  2. Multiple ideas with similar suggestions to change your in-game rank color have been denied previously in the past. This is mostly because changing the color could cause confusion among players in-game with all of the different colors. Allowing this change would also make chat more messy than it already is. It’s an interesting idea and I’d love to see a way we can implement more customization for our players but I don’t think this would be great in terms of QoL changes. As for right now, I think it’s best to have your current rank’s color set to default and not allowing you to change the color to a previous rank’s color for the reasons above.

Other threads that have been denied with the same idea:
    That being said, this will be a -1 from me because of the reasons above, and the fact that it’s been denied previously in the past. Have a good day.

Posted Jun 22, 2019
    jxcb likes this.
  3. I'd have to disagree with your idea, and I saw similar threads before. All of the previous ideas were denied, and it's impossible to implement. Changing colors will likely to confuse all the players. I'd think that it'll not make any sense.

Overall, I'll have to give a -1 to this idea.

Posted Jun 22, 2019
  4. Hello,

I'm gonna keep it short - servers that have active amount of players chatting make the fatal mistake of implementing this. It's really difficult to read through all the colors and it turns out really unappealing. Whenever everyone is unique, nobody is. It's a really counter productive idea.

-1 from me.

Posted Jun 22, 2019
  5. Hey,

Like many above me have stated, I don't think this is such a good idea. The color of the rank really brings out what rank you have, and I believe that if you change that, the chat logs would look pretty disgusting.

Different colors won't really work out, however I think it would be pretty nice to be able to choose a different shade of your rank's color. I don't mean changing the Eternal blue into an Ultra blue, but I would like it if you could make Ultra lighter in color or Eternal darker in color.

Of course this would be a fantasy in-game, because I don't think any devs have the time to change the shades of colors, but it would be pretty cool if you could choose what shade of blue, red, green, or purple when you buy the rank in the market-place.

I'm not really expecting the Mineplex developers to do this, but hey! It's a suggestion!

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  6. Hey there!
    I personally disagree with this idea for many reasons and to be specific, I just don't see the need for this. Changing level colors are an amazing feature gifted to level 100 players but I don't think being able to swtich rank colors will make anything easier.

Currently the chat system works so that colors are really obvious to the eye and you can most certainly and instantly tell apart different ranks based on their color. If we were to add in a new system to where you can change the color, the eye depends on reading and not color which completely messes up the order in which things are and will definitely spark some debate and confusion.

Many players have already given their input to how the chat is already pretty colorful and messy and adding in extra shades and colors will just sort of make it a little more messy. Personally, I think that the rank system shouldn't include the opportunity to change your color and the level 100 color-changing option should remain exclusive to those. -1

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  7. Hello!

Sorry about the time that this has taken, but thanks for the suggestion about how we could give our ranks this new feature. However, at this time, we still do not plan on adding this in. As @nolawn has said above, it has been suggested several times in the past, yet they have all gotten denied in the past. It would definitely set off a lot of confusion, especially for newer players who do not necessarily know the entire server and all of the ranks perks. While, yes, you could argue that players would soon just understand that you can change the color of the ranks, it still would confuse some people, and leaving it the way it is right now is fine. Additionally, it would make the chat look super messy. Seeing a bright blue Eternal next to a green Titan would, in my opinion, totally make the chat look much messier then it needs to be. Thank you for the suggestion, and if you have any more, please create a new thread.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
  8. This is a terrible idea. I’ve seen servers that have made the unfortunate mistake of doing this. It’s a recipe for an aesthetic disaster in the chat. I think having a rank stay to the one color it is keeps it special (esp. the titan red)

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  9. Heyo!

I don’t think this is a good idea because the ranks are supposed to be unique and changing the colors of a rank would make some confusion. Also people could make the mistake thinking someone is another rank when they aren’t. Again the ranks are supposed to be unique and changing there color would be unnecessary. Plus the chat would become messy because it might say that an ultra is aqua and then someone might think there eternal and also it would take some work for the devs to make this.
    Overall I’ll be giving this idea a -1.

Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  10. Hello!

I personally think that this should not happen at all. The level of our player level can already change colors on its own. The ranks basically have a set color because of the level changing colors. Although, it was great for you to come up with the idea. I do not agree with this because the level colors are similar.

Posted Nov 15, 2019