• 2441 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12735 Players Online
  • 10294 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Allow more Art-Forms to be Showcased

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by FabianTuck, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good evening, to whoever is reading this!

I was rummaging around the Arts & Banner Showcase forum and I happened to notice that certain art-forms are allowed to be posted there. And if you don't know me, I am a theatre fanatic and I love the performing arts! I had the idea to post some pictures and my own experiences in the world of theatre but I found out that I couldn't. So my idea is to add more art-forms that users can post to showcase their talent! A few of my ideas to add is Drama, Architecture, Design, Dance, Film, Photography, Instrumental Music, and Vocal Music. If you have any other ideas on art-forms that they should add, please post them below! Also, tell me what you think of my idea.

Thank you,
    FabianTuck

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  2. I assume this is a suggestion to change the arts and banner guidelines to include more art forms?

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  3. Yes, you are correct.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 27, 2020
  4. I like this idea, actually. A lot of people have different ways to express themselves other than paintings and drawings. I think the idea of adding music stuck out to me the most; especially if it's people showing their original songs. I feel as if it's a great way to get to know the person through their music. Along with that, architecture and dance stood out by just me thinking it's interesting.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  5. Hey!

I agree that there should be more types of art included in the showcase forum, but just to be clear, I wouldn't want people sharing things that weren't their own since that isn't really a showcase. For some of the things that you listed (architecture, dance, musicals/drama, etc.), due to the fact that these things are more interactive than visual/written arts by nature, this might prove pretty difficult. Music videos and movie trailers are also permitted in the video showcase forum already. However, if people are posting things in these categories that they are working on themselves, I would love to see them!
    --
    I'm surprised that photography is not included already.
    --

Nice suggestion~

Posted Mar 28, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 28, 2020
  6. Well forum walls will be getting an update so maybe it will be available then.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  7. Hi — it was never not an option, people just don't share that as frequently. I've seen poetry and other creative writing shared, as well as photography and design. As for the performing arts, that would just be editing the Arts & Banner Showcase thread wording. I feel like a lot of people would want to share singing & instruments, which may be better for the YouTube content section if it's hosted on there (same with dance, film & drama.) Good proposal, this is a really quick edit I'm sure :) if a forums member could change that, it would be appreciated

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  8. Well, the guidelines already state that
    -Drawings
    - Renders
    - Poems (most likely including song lyrics)
    - Short stories
    are acceptable. Though I think photography should be included as well. Architecture might be lumped in with photography too because there are not many other ways to share that art form (architecture) with us apart from taking pictures/writing about it.

In the video showcase, people can post
    - Recorded gameplay here on Mineplex
    - Minecraft animations
    - Music videos (Age appropriate) which I would also guess could include videos of people using instruments/singing
    - Movie trailers (Age appropriate--rated PG/G movies only) which could also include dance, creative films, and drama. And again, it might be unlikely that people would be sharing their own work for a lot of these things, but I do agree that they should be able to if they wanted. On the other hand, if they are not, they could talk about those things that they admire (professional theatre performances and such) somewhere else such as "Off topic" or in their walls, as that kind of thing would really clutter the showcase forum and wash out things that people are displaying which they have done themselves.

I don't know how you (personally) would exactly go about sharing this type of thing (theatre/dance/architecture) otherwise, but I wanted to take that (people posting about things that are not their own work) into account just to be clear.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  9. As some others have pointed out, I have seen forms of art other than the ones listed in the guidelines featured. Namely, photography and an electronic music piece. So with that said, while lenience is already largely exercised, I don't think it would hurt to reword the guidelines a little. It's somewhat of a no brainer so hopefully the decision made will be beneficial for the forums.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  10. The unfortunate part about the Video Showcase is that some moderators are extremely tough about what's allowed under there. I've had a dispute with a moderator when I posted a valid music video under there, arguing that it should be Mineplex related. Anyways, I think they should definitely relax with that if the goal is to include more art forms on the forums.

In general, I'm all for allowing photography and music under Arts and Banner Showcase. It would give musicians (like me) an outlet to discuss these things. Music is an art form so I think it totally fits under that subtopic. Walls are an ineffective way to discuss music, photography, performing arts, etc., so creating this inclusion would be amazing.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  11. Yes, you were/are allowed to post other types of art that were/are not listed. We have since updated our arts and banner guidelines with more variations of art. This is the list now:

- Drawings
    - Renders
    - Poems
    - Short stories
    - Architecture
    - Design
    - Dance
    - Film
    - Photography

Again, just because it's not listed here doesn't mean it will get removed/archived/warned for. If it's art, it's art! It doesn't have to be explicitly listed here. We'll give this the implemented tag and lock this. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    V3riity, Hxmza and ScarletBlood37 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.