• 1061 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10671 Players Online
  • 9610 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Allow Immortals to set default lobby.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ClassyOwl, Feb 28, 2021.

?

Do you support allowing applicable players to set a default lobby?

1. Yes, I support allowing applicable players to set a default lobby.

47.1%
  2. No, I do not support allowing applicable players to set a default lobby. (Please address why)

35.3%
  3. N/A: I don't feel either way about allowing applicable players to set a default lobby.

17.6%
  1. Hello, hello!

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I thought it might be a good idea to present this for community feedback since I couldn't find a precedent (if one exists, I apologize).

I think players, specifically Immortals and Staff due to population reasons, should be able to set a default lobby for when they join. Those of us on Mineplex's more social side tend to always end up in Lobby-1, so I don't see why certain players shouldn't be able to set a default lobby.

As someone who is neither Immortal or Staff myself, I would certainly love to see this be available to more players. That said, if every player on the server was allowed to set their default server, popular lobbies could very easily become full which would negate the whole purpose of this idea.

What do you all think? Please let me know if you think 'yes' or 'no' in the provided poll (instead of just posting '+1' or '-1'). If you have any further feedback, I encourage you to leave it in a reply to the thread.

Thanks!

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  2. Immortal has thousands of QoL benefits that should seriously be available to everyone and this is another suggestion for one of them. Eh to the idea but if it was added it could be an option in /prefs or otherwise for everybody.

I don't really see this being added though anyways because lobbies are there for a reason, and there are countless people that would probably set their lobby as lobby-1 completely clogging it when all they are doing is switching between games, leaving others unpopulated

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    skarm and ItsFree like this.
  3. Hey,

I somewhat do not comply with your idea, but please correct me if I am missing.

While your idea applies to immortal and staff players, i feel like this could affect the non-immortal or non-staff players on the party if the owner of the party is an immortal or a staff player. For example, if someone in a party is not immortal or staff, then from your idea, if the party owner (immortal or staff) goes to the default lobby but is either full or not, then I feel like a non-immortal or non-staff player can't join the default lobby.

Thanks with your idea though!

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    ItsFree likes this.
  4. Hey!

Being honest, a default lobby system isn't necessary for any rank. First of all, it's very simple to go to a lobby, you can either manually do it through the clock or type it in in chat (/sv Lobby-number). We aren't doing a whole complicated math equation to access a lobby, it only takes less than 5 seconds! Following that, each lobby is the same (except for Lobby 1 sometimes) so there isn't a point for players to favor a lobby over another. Yeah, they might want to be in a bigger lobby but again, they can easily go to that lobby once they return to the hub. For players that aren't as social and would rather be in a smaller lobby, it wouldn't work for them since the lobbies go from small to big as the day goes on.

I agree with this too

Anyways, interesting idea but it seems pretty useless in my opinion, but I wouldn't really mind it getting implemented. Thanks for the idea though!

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    maevestarbaby and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  5. Hey there Classy!

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and suggest this idea! To my knowledge, I don't think I’ve seen another thread encompassing this idea, though there have been several QoL suggestions for Immortals over time. After reading the feedback provided by others, I feel neutral on this idea. I do think that this would be a nice and simple addition for Immortals and Staff, but I don't think it'd be completely necessary. As suggested above by @ItsFree there are currently simple methods of switching lobbies that are fairly quick and user friendly. I feel that the other side of a player's feedback could potentially include the main argument that:
    • It's quicker and no commands would have to be used to switch to your favorite lobby, as it would be set default
    While it's true that it would technically be faster, if the player who set their default lobby wanted to switch to a different lobby, it would just circle back to the current methods of switching lobbies in place. (I.E. /Sv Lobby-# or the lobby clock)

A very reasonable point was also made by @maevestarbaby in her response above.
    I feel that Lobby-1 would certainly be a pinpoint of popularity, making it harder for players to join that specific lobby. Most active players use lobbies to temporarily occupy themselves while que'ing in between games, while the other half sits afk in lobby. Making a default lobby feature would further increase the chances of lobbies being full in my personal opinion.

I feel that you've definitely thought of the possible outcome of this idea being implemented, as you've suggested making it exclusive to Immortal and Staff only. I think that it's a clever way of further reducing the amount of lobby clogging that would possibly take place, but I don't think it would eliminate the issue completely. The population of Immortal players and Staff Members is fairly big. I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented, but at the same time, I don't think it would be completely necessary. It was a nice idea suggestion though, thank you for sharing!

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    WowCaleb and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  6. I'm going to have to agree with Amg here. While it would be a nice addition for immortals, I don't see it being a necessity since it takes 1-4 seconds to change lobbies when you load in Also, as he mentioned in his post, most people would likely go for Lobby-1, and it may overcrowd it. They could make something that doesn't let you go to a lobby if it's getting too full, but then what's the point of the feature? In conclusion, I don't see this being used much if it was added, and I feel like it would cause issues with lobby caps.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  7. I think this is an okay idea, because if your just coming to afk in lobby-1 or whatever people do, this could be useful. The one flaw I believe is what if you default to a closed lobby?

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  8. Hey,

I definitely think that some people would enjoy this idea being implemented, but I don't think it's really necessary. It's very simple and quick to just use the clock in your inventory or the command (/server Lobby-1). I think I'm neutral on this idea, since I don't really think its necessary, but could be quite cool as a small optional feature.

Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  9. I think I shall play Devil's advocate here. The main argument against it seems to be that it seems unnecessary, however not all rank bonuses have to be a necessity and they can just be small QoL ideas like this. Pretty much all rank preferences/abilities are cosmetic in order to comply with the EULA and personally I see no harm in adding it if there is a demand for it. If the lobby you wish to join isn't online it can simply take you to a random lobby, so that isn't an issue either. If clogging up lobby 1 was so much of an issue it could be designed so that any lobby can be selected except Lobby-1.

There's no harm done in adding this and whilst it does ring true that developer time could be used elsewhere I do not agree with discrediting this idea on the basis of having no use. I personally I don't see myself using it, but I know that it would be of use to many people.

Posted Mar 4, 2021