• 1593 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8619 Players Online
  • 7026 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Allow "gg" to be said after a game.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Warwick4L, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. What I mean is if you say "gg" at the end of the game, then the next game if you don't chat once then you cannot say it again. It would be nice if the term "gg" could be said infinitely or at least a temporary thing where at the end of a game people can say it, regardless if they said it the last game.

I don't really know how to explain this in more detail, thanks for reading! :)

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  2. Hello!
    The reason it is not able to be said more than once is the filter trying to reduce spam. Instead of making a change to what is implemented currently, you could simply put "Gg." or other slight variations, and still get the recognition from other players of your good sportsmanship. One word or phrase can not be taken off of this spam reduction filter because the whole system would have to be altered. We need the filter to stay in place so the server can stay flood, bot, and spam free, allowing smoother experiences for everyone! Hope you understand what I am saying, and thanks for reading!

Posted Jul 11, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 11, 2019
  3. Yes, I fully understand.

However, what my suggestion was is that during the 3 seconds that the win-effect is playing maybe this filter could be altered only for that short amount of time?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2019
    PieOrPi likes this.
  4. It would be unnecessary effort put forth by the developers when it is an easily avoidable problem. I doubt this would be implemented in the future. Sorry about that!

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Warwick4L likes this.
  5. Yeah, I thought this thread was kinda a longshot.
    Thank you for your swift reply anyway!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2019
    PieOrPi likes this.
  6. I will have to agree with @PieOrPi here, while I come across this problem myself in short games where there using chat isn't necessary, it can be avoided easily. I usually put a dot in front of the "gg" which doesn't look all that pretty, but it's a better alternative to having someone freely spamming the message at the end of the game, with the assumption that developing this bypass in the chat system would go smoothly and would not cause other problems.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Warwick4L likes this.
  7. Hey!

Personally, I don't see that much of an issue with not being able to say "gg" after a game. There are many other alternatives to get across the same message without repeating the exact phrase. Personally what's worked best for me is to put either "good game," "gf," or "gg." It all serves the same purpose and gets the same message across. I just feel that our Developers should be working on more important issues than this, not to say that this isn't a bad idea. I just feel there's more valuable things to work on currently.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Warwick4L likes this.
  8. Hey there,

I get where you are coming from, other servers do allow mods that allow an Auto GG system to implement the player from not needing to type anything in the chat after the game has ended, But personally I wouldn't see mineplex implementing this system into their network;

The main reason I believe they won't do this is because of what PieOrPi said before,
    The fact that it would allow the chat to spam the same message could be interpenetrated on the wrong side on mineplex's back-end since they keep logs of everything of what each player has said,

The second reason I don't believe it should be implemented is because it would just be received as "Mineplex copied the GG system from <x> network or <x> server." and I don't believe mineplex would want people to be violating their rules (which everyone who has logged into the server once has agreed on) and that would also cause chaos in lobbies (I believe it would) and the staff would have to deal with this every day.

Although I do also believe this should be implemented because others who are having a bad game and just won a game and is all cheerful that they did, they would get an automatic response from everyone saying that it was a good game and it would motivate them to play even more and more.

There should be a few modifications to this if it were to be added;

- It should be implemented into the /prefs menu under social listed as "Automatic Game End Response" and have a custom response as to what the person wants to say

- It should only be applied to large games (like Cake Wars) for testing when it is released

- The filter bypass system should be accounted into this system and deny any response if it is redeemed to not comply with the current filter.

- It should have notification when a person joins a minigame server telling them that they have it <on/off> and if on, that it is set to <response>

for eg:
    Arcade> Your automatic response is set to True with the response of GG.

King Regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    rockie777 likes this.
  9. Although this is an issue faced by many players I don't really think it's worth troubling the devs with a small problem.

It's not that hard to type "Good Game" or "gg." or ".gg" or anything similar. The message to the other players is exactly the same.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 11, 2019