• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9095 Players Online
  • 6205 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Allow double jumping - Speed Builders

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by gzen, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Hey, so I recently started playing Speed Builders and notice that I can't double jump when viewing the build that I need to recreate. Often I need to or would like to see the top of the build in order to get a better understanding, but I can't. It's not in every build that I need to see the top but it does occur in a few of them and results in annoyance on my part. I've noticed that I can double jump while recreating the build but not while viewing and I just don't see any reason why. I really don't think this would take a large amount of developer time and it might almost be a copy and paste thing. Thanks.

Posted Nov 4, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 4, 2019
    SpamL, CowHatake, _Prof_ and 5 others like this.
  2. Heyo!

I personally don't see much of an issue with this, but then again I am not a huge Speed Builders fan. It does make sense though to have the double jumping at the start, just so you are able to see what you actually have to build. One could argue that after a while you just memorize it or have other ways to see it such as F5, this would be a lot more helpful for newer players and overall just be a lot less annoying. Personally I think it would just make the game more enjoyable, so I'll leave it at a +1 for now. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    gzen likes this.
  3. Hey there!

I highly agree with this. This can be a big issue for people who play Speed Builders a lot, but don't always get perfect builds because they are missing something that goes inside, for example, a water bucket. I think this will be a good addition to the game, and it will be a very helpful one. I will give this a +1.

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    gzen likes this.
  4. hia!

I totally agree with this idea! Though I do not play Speed Builders that often, when I do, it is quite frustrating that I cannot double jump to see the entire build when viewing it before building. While it really is not that huge of a deal, in my opinion, it is a nice QoL change that I would also like to see implemented since it would make gameplay easier for everyone, especially the ones who do not have many builds memorized if they are newer.

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    landay and gzen like this.
  5. Why not just enable flying as well

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
  7. Posted Nov 4, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  8. We did deny flying purely due to the fact that we wanted the game to be more technically challenging and a more enjoyable game to play. I think this is a great idea, I see absolutely no issue in this and it would simply make the game better and mean you can see all of the parts of the build which is great! I like how you want to add double-jumping in!

+1

Posted Nov 4, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 4, 2019
  9. ? He asked if we should enable flying and I said it was already denied

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
  10. I agree with enabling double-jumping to Speed Builders during view time. It can be quite difficult to view inaccessible areas of a build, and a double-jump feature would slightly reduce the inconvenience. I think it is reasonable to add double-jumps as it would consistent with the building process, while not having the ease and luxury of flying around the entire build. I think your suggestion would be a simple QoL feature and I do not see any further issues with it.

I don't think this is the best way to describe why flying during view time has been denied. Many replies on the thread pointed out that it would make Speed Builders much easier, which would take the fun and challenge out of games. Therefore, I actually see it the other way around - the idea was denied to ensure games would still be enjoyable.

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  11. Yeah, this would be very useful. For taller builds, it can be very hard to see the top without doing some difficult parkour or awkward movements. Speed Builders is a building game, not a parkour game. Flying would make it a little too easy, as others have said above because games would take too long if it wasn't as hard to replicate a build. Nice QoL change, +1.

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  12. I agree with this because this will help to improve the player's experience in Speed Builder. Speed Builder can be a competitive game and challenging. You have to be quick enough before the timer runs out. Allow double jump in Speed Builder going to increase their ability to get things done.

I'll like to see a double jump ability in Speed Builder! +1

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  13. Hey!

This is a good idea! When I play Speed Builders, and I'm going to build something with a good amount of height, it can be really hard to get all the details when you're not able to get that high up. Adding double jump before the game starts would be a great solution to this problem, so I'll give this a +1!

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  14. It would be nice to see double jumping in speed builders. It would make winning speed builders easier and hopefully make more people want to play speed builders! +1

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  15. Not sure how not having flight is more enjoyable but okay.
    And bedrock has flight, so why not add that to java (omg bedrock has a feature that java doesn’t)

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  16. Hey!
    I hardly ever play speed builders but from the times I have played, I would say flying would make it a little to easy, I know others have said this before but I have a reason.. It would make the game easier because you could just see the builds way to easily without any worry of the time running out before it disappears, flying would absolutely make taller builds less enjoyable. However, double jumping would be a better solution due to the fact that it’s not as good as fly but not as bad as having to press F5.

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  17. Yo!

So this was brought up in the Community Insights Discord back in August and it was supported by quite a few:[​IMG]http://imgur.com/a/81pi9zw
    I think it's good idea myself. I'm not able to view all of the build and if I were able to I would better memorize the build before getting to work on it.

+1 from me!

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  18. Hey gamer!

I am pretty neutral on this idea. I think that the vast majority of builds are completely viewable without a double jump. Additionally, when you can't see a block the builds are designed to be intuitive so you can assume / guess what it will be. I definitely understand why people are asking for this, but I think the current system adds an additional level of complexity to the gamemode. -0.5, I'd prefer to see this not implemented, but am not completely against.

(Also, you can always use F5 if you are a true gamer).

Posted Nov 6, 2019
    gzen likes this.
  19. I can see where you're coming from but I don't see the point in making it so you can't see what you need to build. I find the point of the game has two main aspects: memorization and recreation. Guessing what I need to build just takes away from the game in my experience. For example, the toilet build. The toilet is mostly easy to build and I can see the entire exterior of the build though when I recieve the blocks I also get lapis blocks. I don't know how many layers there are on the bottom before the lapis and results in me getting the build wrong. Not implementing this steers the game in favor of experienced players which already have enough advantages in the game. F5 is just annoying to use and doesn't always work if the build is too tall, which doesn't occur in most cases but can get annoying when it does. Thanks

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 6, 2019
  20. I absolutely agree with this idea. Every now and then I will play Speed Builders, and with the tall creations, it’s basically impossible to see the top. I’ve wanted that for so long.

Posted Nov 16, 2019