• 348 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4650 Players Online
  • 4302 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Allow builders to drop knitted ae

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by NetheriteMiner, Jun 17, 2020.

1. In the past, a strategy that I had been thinking about was that 2 builders on the team could drop their blocks to allow 1 person to get around quickly, however you are currently unenable to drop knitted platforms. A discord member explained to me that it was a kit specific item which you can't share - but we have deploy platforms which do the same thing. I believe that all platforms should be named the same thing and allowed to be dropped. You can do it with wool blocks so I don't see why not.

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  2. Heyo! Unfortunately, I disagree. I just tested it with the Archer kit as well, and you cannot drop arrows even though those are also purchasable in the shop. It seems like the kits were intentionally designed to keep only their own items. I can see why being able to drop wool is confusing as it's an exception, but I don't think this is a big deal because a stack of 16 wool (I think) only costs 3 bricks which is almost nothing haha

I would be fine with naming both platforms so that they can be stacked, but it doesn't seem like a big priority to me.

Posted Jun 17, 2020
    0775 and Polar8 like this.
  3. I disagree with the idea. As Dulciloquy said that item is exclusive to the player and it would be pretty overpowered if they could give the kit items away. You could purchase lots of wool or get one of your team members to be builder kit. You could travel around the map in that way instead.

Giving away the knitted platforms would be overpowered, because every player on the team would receive countless knitted platforms. This would create lots of builds around the map just by one builder.

Nonetheless thank you for sharing and stay safe!

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  4. This would be a bad idea in my opinion. The entire point of kits is the difference. A warrior doesn't receive constant arrows, but an archer does. That is why each kit has its own trade offs. This just would not make sense to be implemented in my opinion. Not to mention, this could be easily exploited where the person keeps dropping, keeps getting more, and picks the dropped ones up.

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  5. ok, fair enough

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 17, 2020
  6. Hey,
    I'm afraid I have to disagree with letting builders drop their platforms to other players.
    You can buy them in the regular shop, but it's supposed to be something special that only the builder kit gets for free.
    Just as archer kit gets arrows, warrior receives hearts for killing, and the frosting kit has snowballs.
    Each kit has its particular addon that only that kit receives for free.
    Indeed, builders can drop wool blocks, but platforms are for faster building, which gives the builder kit something special for whoever selects it.
    If players with builder kit were able to drop platforms, players with the kit will be able to keep throwing platforms to stack others.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jun 21, 2020