• 4130 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12568 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Allies and Truces

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Nixoi, Jul 20, 2019.

?

Should truces be allowed?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes with exceptions

4. No with exceptions

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. So, it's been a long time since I've used the Mineplex website and after seeing all the suggestions for clans in the CCD (Clans Community Discord), I thought I'd might give it a try. Now, as the title of this post says, this is about clans allies and truces.

Basically the point of this post is this: clans that have max allies but truce 4 other clans.

The issue with this? Well, it seems fair, since you can't have more than 2 allies once your clan has a certain number of people, you have no choice but to just 'truce' with other clans which forces you to possibly hit them or kill them in certain situations which can be frustrating. My only issue with this, is that truces defeat the point of ally caps. Why have a cap of how many allies you can have, if you can have truces?

I understand if people don't agree with this as much, but I think everyone has had an experience where majority of the players online are all truced with everyone else. I've done this before, just a few weeks ago I basically had the entire server truced together to take out oIcy's clan on Clans-6, and it WORKED (the first time). I had max allies in my clan, but I could just truce with like 5 other clans to fight oIcy and his 10 person clan.

The ally cap was to make it so you couldn't have massive ally circles all allied with each other and basically controlling the server, but you can do that with truces. My main point, is that truces shouldn't be allowed. Trucing is a form of an 'alliance', except without the perks of invulnerability. I see people everyday on clans complaining how "the entire server is truced against me". Just today I had my allies Waddle on Clans-1 help me with a hacker clan, so I truced with 2 of their allies/truces, and they truced with my other ally. We had majority of the people online against 1 hacker clan. And I get it, "it's a hacker clan so why is it a big deal?", well, the big deal is that there is an ally cap hit, but unlimited truces.

This may be something that staff can't control as it is hard to prove whether you are indeed truced with said person because they can just simply "fake attack" or "fake betray" you to change people's ideas of it, but when it's obvious, it IS obvious.

But yeah, that's just a few things I thought I'd share as I've been thinking about it for the last few months. Trucing should not be allowed, especially when you're at max ally space. If you don't have max allies, you should be forced to ally the said clan you are truced with. Just makes all the reason to keep the ally cap and not just let everyone ally everyone.

Have a good day/night. - Nix (leave feedback with replies)

Posted Jul 20, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 20, 2019
  2. Somewhat agree, but this is gonna be really hard to enforce. People are still gonna truce. only when staff come online they might kill each other to prevent getting a punishment.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
  3. To answer your first question, truces are like a part of clans. You can betray your truces if you want to, or you can keep to the deal. That is what a truce is.

And to a certain extent, we need ally caps. If there were not ally caps, people would just team on big clans in small servers, like if everyone were to team on japan on clans 2 or legacies, it would just make it not fun for those clans, which isn't what OG clans members want. (assuming the people in relatively good clans are OGS)

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  4. Part of the gameplay of clans is trucing. Things like scamming are allowed. So it wouldn't make sense if trucing was a punishable offense.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  5. My take on this:

When you truce someone, you are taking a bigger risk than when you are allying someone. Your truce may be helpful when fighting other people, but when you're fighting for something as valuable as legends, it's hard to say that they will stick with the truce. This is one reason why I don't believe trucing should be punishable.

I do slightly agree with you though. On smaller servers, it's sometimes possible to literally have the entire server team against one clan. I've been a victim, and I've done it myself as well. However I do not believe punishing for trucing is a good solution for this, because not all people truce players like this, and also because of how difficult it would be report or punish someone for this.

~Xion

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    Archertect and Yato like this.