• 819 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3398 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

All the skins in skin pack 2 for bedrock are white?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Toony_Link, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The skins give no noticable advantage as they are all regular skins. On other servers they work just fine. I really prefer mineplex as my main server but I want to play with the skins I purchased. The star wars skin pack you can play as r2d2 which is 1 or 1½ blocks tall (idk which) and it's not white. The issue I have has been through 3 tickets and I would like some insight about the reasoning behind those skins being white when there is nothing wrong with them. If it was a mistake fixing it would be cool. I've come to the faq about this so other people might have the same issue.

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  2. Hello!

Let me tell you about the R2D2 skin. Firstly, it’s half the size of a regular player, which automatically provides an unfair advantage. It’s extremely small and hard to hit.

I don’t know the other skins in the skin pack, but if you can provide them to me, I’ll try my best to explain it to you!

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  3. The others skins I'm referring to are the castle crashers skins in skin pack 2. They are just normal skins but they are white on mineplex.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 5, 2019
  4. I am not sure why the R2D2 skin isn't working for you because i see plenty of people using it which might indicate a problem on your end.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  5. No my issue is that the r2d2 skin isnt banned because of it's unfair advantage but the castle crashers skins and other skins in skin pack 2 aren't usable despite being normal skins.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  6. Oh, I understand now. I agree that the R2D2 skin does give players an unfair advantage even though it's hit box is the same as a normal skin. However, Microsoft supports these skins and sells them, so Mineplex cannot ban these skins.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  7. The skins in skin pack 2 on the minecraft marketplace are listed as limited use. But they are usable on all the other servers.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  8. True

Posted Nov 28, 2019
  9. Hello! I don't exactly know why all of the skins are white on the bedrock servers, but i would like to clear up some myths around it.
    1. The skins are all white because the hitboxes change otherwise if you use smaller skins like from the star wars skin packs.
    The hitboxes for all of the skins are the same, they are either a hitbox of Alex or Steve.
    2. The skins lag the server because it cant render the skin packs.
    The server wont lag to render a skin, its a great server that has little to no lag issues.
    Now, my theory of why all of the skins are white is so everyone has a fair advantage while pvping or playing hind and seek. This is because since all of the skins are white you can see every skin equally as someone else would. Hope this helps!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  10. Thats actually inncorect, mineplex added the white skins to prevent players from crashing since the skin editor came with bugs.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  11. Hello,
    This thread was created back in June and is unrelated to the current blank skins on Mineplex.
    Since this topic is no longer viable and Steven190 has answered why blank skins are current i'll be locking this thread.

If you have any further questions relating to this feel free to message me directly.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.