• 326 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2905 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion all games no-pvp or building games on last version of minecraft

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by O_Proprio, Dec 10, 2019.

?

Do you think it's better this way?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I find it interesting that "no pvp" games like "dragon escape" or build games like "speed builders" are in the latest version of the game, so build games will have more features of the game and games without pvp could be leveraged with new features.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  2. Tbh I dont even understand what your proposing to be implemented..... What is your idea in the first place?

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    O_Proprio likes this.
  3. I think they're saying that pvp-less games are apparently in 1.14 I know they're not but the building games - Sbeed builders, Master builders etc. are in 1.8. Games in 1.14 have more blocks than 1.8, so we should move the building games to 1.14.

I'm not sure if that's what they mean, so if that's not what you mean @O_Proprio please tell us what you do mean.

If that is what you're saying, then that's impossible. Mineplex as a whole is 1.8+, they can't change one minigame to 1.14

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    O_Proprio likes this.
  4. Over the course of the Minecraft upgrades were added several decorative blocks such as terracotta and others to use, games like "Speed builders or master build" and some games like dragon escape that often do not need to attack with delay and could receive improvements through plugins.
    --- Post updated ---
    that's right KerbalBoy, Had a pvp game that they used 1.9 a few years ago, I don't remember if I could use both versions (1.8 or 1.9)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 10, 2019
  5. I don't like building games where people vote because:
    1) It is obviously unfair most of the times
    2)The building that wasn't asked for is usually wining
    3)The winners are usually inappropriate things like guess which organ and the Bhudist cross (hope you understand what I said

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    O_Proprio likes this.
  6. Ok, I think I get it now, the problem with using new blocks is that mineplex still supports players playing on old versions of minecraft, and they wouldnt be able to interact properly with the new blocks if mineplex put them in, making it so they can't properly play the game.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    O_Proprio likes this.
  7. Can't use blocks that don't exist in older versions. The game you're thinking of is probably Skyfall (could also be OITQ Payload I suppose). You could only play on 1.9+, which is part of why it died.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    O_Proprio likes this.
  8. @Fall I think it would be possible with a "Second" server and a plugin that put for example a 1.14 "bell" in the hud and a 1.8 wool, which in the old version the "Bell" will disappear from the hud while 1.14 can If you switch to both servers, the master build itself will not let you put terracotta on the latest version.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 10, 2019
  9. The "bell" wouldn't just disappear, it would crash every 1.8 user. Mineplex supports 1.8 because they changed the combat system in 1.9. This means that Mineplex, along with many other large servers, cannot migrate to newer versions, so this suggestion is impossible.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    O_Proprio likes this.
  10. This would be a problem because if a player, let's say it's me, wants to play Speed Builders or try it out, I wouldn't want to switch to a version that I don't play just to play that certain game. As someone who switches between Mixed Arcade and Speed Builders very often, I can assure you this will kill off many of the non-pvp games and make a lot of people angry.

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    O_Proprio and Xukuwu like this.