• 2569 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13095 Players Online
  • 10526 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Alias to /party owner

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Fallen™, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Alias sub-command:

/party owner <arg> alias /party leader <arg>
    EDIT - Also: /party remove <arg>
    alias /party kick <arg>

Basic, two second thing. An alias to the /party owner command for Clans-goers like me who immediately think of /party leader vs /party owner.

Discuss!

Posted Mar 28, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 29, 2020
    michellle, MUTEDGANGCLAY and Slipest like this.
  2. use /z instead of /party it's so much quicker, i don't see much use for this since if the party leader needs to change, the party usually disbands anyway, but it would be easier than remember to type /z owner since I play other servers a lot that have owner as their main command to transfer ownership of parties.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  3. Personally, I completely agree! I can't even count how many times I've mistakenly /z promote'ed. I would love to see this in an upcoming QoL update. Though, they should also add /z remove <name> as an alias as well for /z kick.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  4. Huge +1, you have no idea how many times I’ve done /party leader. Also agree with what @SpamL said about including it with /z.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  5. Hey!

I totally agree! I've had this problem countless times, and in many cases, it resulted in my loss in a game. I think it's very simple, yet has a huge impact. It would make things so much easier. To make things even more easier, I am agreeing with everyone above about also including /z. It would be very easy for people to do this and overall make typing the command a lot simpler. +1 all the way! Good luck with your idea!

Regards,
    Sacred

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  6. I don't personally see a pressing need for this, but it's such a simple fix it would require minimal resources for our Developers to implement so I wouldn't be opposed to it if there really is a set of players that would benefit from this change.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  7. Just wanted to say that I completely agree with you, I feel like the party system needs to be updated and that it may be confusing for some of the newer players, like myself.
    Thank you for bringing this up, really appreciate it.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  8. Just a note since it seems some people were confused: /party is the base command, and /z is an alias to the /party command. If a sub command alias were added (owner vs leader), both would have access to it, because it’s still the same command... I also agree with /remove and have added that to the OP.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 29, 2020
  9. Yeah, I really like this idea. There's not too much to say, it's a good idea and it would be nice to see this kind of shortcut. Not a lot of people know that this command exists either or how to use it - like anyone who has played clans, you can assume /party promote or /party leader is the command for this but it's not. But in general, it would be a good QoL update many of us would want to see.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.