• 1590 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5658 Players Online
  • 4068 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Airships - Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by ItzCqnadian, Jul 11, 2019 at 9:45 PM.

1. So I was playing cake wars one day, and thought to myself, "what if there was a map with pirate ships but in the air?" After that I decided to make kind of like a steampunk themed map with airships as part of the main base and spawn area. I finished the 4-team version, now I just have to do the duos. Hope you guys like it.

Images -> https://imgur.com/a/Ou66emL

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 9:45 PM
  2. So far it looks amazing from what I've seen. The boats/spawn are really nice and detailed (maybe add some crates or texture the masts a bit more). They seem fit for a great spawn and, if they were extended just a bit, maybe even a full-on base without the docks! The docks kinda drag away, being that they're really plain and have nothing going for them, pushing for unnecessary space and lacking the build, but overall they're alright!

The connecting islands and middle island are a bit lackluster, same as the docks, but still look very nice! Maybe add a few details to mix in, like the crates or maybe even a small anchor in the middle. Anyhow, the map looks great so far, and good luck with the duos version!

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 8:23 PM
  3. I like this map you've made! The only issues I have is that the dock spawn may be a little too big for a spawn island. It leaves a lot of space that kinda of seems unneeded, and it wouldn't hurt to cut it down a bit. I'd also like to see more details on the docks, maybe adding full block pistons acting as crates in the corners. Mid also looks great, but it wouldn't hurt to also add more details on it. Since its a steampunk based map, I would love to see some gears around the map and possibly around the ships. You could also add furnaces on the emerald beacon islands to further push that steampunk theme. One thing I really like about this map is the quartz rotors (Not sure if this is the right word) on the bottom of the islands. They really add to the steampunk theme. Good luck with submitting this map if you decide to!

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 9:15 PM
  4. Only critique I have is to add sand to the middle island, considering we’re going for a pirate ship theme.

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 9:36 PM
  5. I feel like you are on the right track, here are my inputs!

-Dock for spawn island to big
    -Very plain, not many colors that jump out
    -Spawn island just doesn't seem like it fits in w/the ship's theme

Overall +1 on where this idea is headed. Now personally I would recommend using the same concept that you have but taking into consideration some of the things I stated. Overall I love this creation, and with a few touch-ups, it could be looking incredible!

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 9:48 PM
  6. I really like this map! However I feel the spawn island is too big, try making it smaller. Also if possible, try adding more details to the masts and to the actual boats. The map is also very plain, make it more vibrant as all we can see is wood and grass!

If you make the changes I and all the people above me have suggested, this map will become incredible! Keep up the good work!

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 7:25 AM
    Sqwush/Snowwii likes this.
  7. That is incredible! I would love to hear what people think about it being in the air, personally, I think to have them on water - with the water being dangerous as seen in bridges would be an interesting concept. However, balances would need to be made to avoid it being too easy to get to other teams ships. To finalise, I love the design, of course, everyone has their individual opinions on what they would like to see added etc, but I love it - keep up the good work!

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 7:36 AM
  8. Woah ! That looks really good!

The only few problems I can see are that the spawn islands are huge and quite flat, so having it stick out the side of a ship looks a bit odd. Also what @RedditCredit said sand would be a good look. Also maybe water? Or blue and light blue glass blocks to add a water effect could look quite nice too.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 9:30 AM
  9. Water would be interesting, I can’t really think of any current Cakewars maps that have water on them other than Tribute, and even then it’s only a little bit on the sides. I’d definitely prefer the stained glass, since water could become pretty annoying to fight.

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 10:40 AM
  10. Wow, fantastic map! I would suggest making it a lot more detailed and simplistic. It's also a little large but if you cut down the size and really focused on the realism aspect and went into detail I'm sure you would have an amazing creation. Once you're finished I would suggest submitting it and seeing what the Builders think! Amazing work and best of luck to you!

Best Regards,
    Kellen

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 10:49 AM
  11. Hey there,

This is a cool map and something I’d love to see be added to the Cake Wars map pool. There are only a few things I think should be changed. Like others have said above, the spawn dock seems to be too large. I think the size should be cut down in order to make it feel more like an island.

Another suggestion I have is to change the beacon islands into something air-shipped themed. I think a giant air ballon or something like that would not only be cooler, but also adjust well to the theme of the map.

Other than that, great work! I look forward to playing on this map in the future!

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 11:38 AM