• 1316 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3895 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Air Kit

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by _Prof_, Feb 11, 2020.

?

What do you think?

1. +1

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. -1

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Air kit is arguably the most powerful kit in Skywars as it has two abilities, recover and leap. Every other kit only has one and ice just seems like the odd one out. I am proposing to remove the recover. Leap can also be used to recover too if the player reacts quickly. Ice bridge is a safer form of recovery as you can bridge under an island to become untouchable, so there is not much uniqueness to air kit's. There is also the risk of teleporting right in front of an enemy and once again being knocked into the abyss, hence why leap outshines recover overall.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  2. This is actually being talked about by Game Insights as a potential change. Would include a change to the Leap ability to make it a bit stronger.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    Im_Ken and SpitefulNick like this.
  3. It actually has a third as well, zero fall damage oop-

I don't feel like I can respond to this concern because this is my main kit, so I would be biased. Interested to see where this thread goes though!

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  4. I'm sure you already know this, but it was already suggested in the GI discord. Along with the removal of the safe TP, the leap ability would also have an increased vertical velocity to make it more recovery-based, rather than a combat engagement. The changed leap would be similar to slime's double jump in SSM.

The "no-fall damage" perk would most definitely stay if the change is to go through, due to how a vertical leap would lead to fall damage. Though, there has been some discussion of only removing the fall damage of the leap.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    Im_Ken, Jango_55, Jaek and 2 others like this.