• 1354 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9792 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Air Kit debuff

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by steropes, Aug 18, 2019.

1. I really enjoy playing skywars and i'm a huge fan of it. Air kit should be nerfed a bit because its very over powered, you take no fall damage, you get a double jump, and u basically get another life if knocked off, it gives way to much of a tactical advantage with no fall damage, double jump, and eye of ender. The eye of ender should be taken out because that has nothing to do with air because if your fighting someone and you get knocked off, you can spawn behind them and kill them. Thank you for reading this and I hope you take this into reccomendation

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  2. I think GI made suggestions for an air kit nerf, because you’re absolutely right, here’s that thread if you want to hear about other possible changes. Unfortunately, we can’t do much other than wait for an update, I do agree with you though, Air is definitely OP.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  3. Just buy it yourself. The only nerf I’d make is the double jump takes 25 seconds instead of 20 to use again.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  4. In my opinion, air isn't that OP. The start-off of air kit doesn't allow you to rush middle as easy, while ice bridge can due to the double jump cooldown length off the start. And sure, you can save yourself a life with the eye, but at the same time there's counterplay to it as well. All you really have to do if wait until you have the kill to move on, majority of the time they'll teleport teleport back, and not expect to get combo'd again. Sure, they could always nerf the double jump cooldown by a couple seconds, but I feel more people would pick ice bridge over air at that point because it'd have more utility. Not to mention, you can just buy it yourself. I'd like to see comments on my post, and I look forward to seeing your guy's opinions.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  5. I don't think it's op but I agree it could use a little nerf, I don't know about removing the eye of ender, maybe changing it though. Some possibilities are increasing the cooldown on the leap or doing something with the fall damage. Hopefully, in a future update, we will see something on it.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  6. Herro!

I agree that air kit is very strong right now, but I don't agree with the nerf suggested here or by GI. I would personally like to see it nerfed by an increase in the cooldown of leap to 25s, and making the fall damage so that it takes half damage instead of none. Other way to do that is by giving air kits chain boots with feather falling 2 or something around there, but I feel that wouldn't be too effective seeing as you wouldn't be able to upgrade armor.

I give this a -0.5 because I don't agree with the suggested nerf, but I do think nerfing air kit would be a good idea.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  7. Hi gamers!

I am an avid user of air kit in skywars, and I find it hard to rush to mid without using ice bridge, or similar. Players using ice can save themselves by placing the bridge, then placing blocks on top. If you do this correctly, you can get underneath the island, making yourself unreachable by ranged weapons, eggs, snowballs etc. The no fall damage in air can be OP, but makes air kit slightly more balanced if it did take fall damage. The eye of ender only has one use, and so can be lost at any time. I like the eye of ender, because if I mess up speed bridging, I have a second attempt to try and rush an island. Again, the leap can be good to reach distances, play aggressively or run away.

As @n8wes suggested, I think it does need a nerf, but not the suggested nerf. Perhaps change the cooldown of the leap, to balance the kit out slightly more. Overall, a -0.5 from me would be best suited at this time.

4G0

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  8. I use Air a lot, rushing mid almost never uses it, and if I get there too late no free teleport is going to save you. It takes me 25 seconds to get to mid, 5 to bridge to islands, 20 to leap the rest of the way. Any nerf would probably result in the kit never being used and ice being meta. (Ice also gives another free life, one a lot harder to take away by just swinging)

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  9. The thing is, i'm not talking about rushing mid, you could use the same argument for dirt kit or fire kit, but the fact that it basically gives you another life if u get knocked off is op, they should at least remove the no fall damage, that is just unfair

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 22, 2019
  10. The argument about another life also applied to Ice, and fall damage rarely comes into play. You are better off using ice to rush mid, air is good for risky moves over bridges

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  11. Yea but the fact that its basically ice with more benefits, isnt ice already really good? You take no fall damage and you have a OP tactical advantage. You can escape very easily, if you're on a building you can just jump off it and be fine, how is that fair? Tbh, if they were to keep air it should be a achievement kit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 24, 2019
  12. Ice is different tactically. Air is more for keeping off the edge of the map, but ice is for rushing

Posted Aug 24, 2019