• 2621 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11697 Players Online
  • 9076 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Aiding Indexed Players Ban/Indexed players

Discussion in 'Clans' started by OniChqn, Feb 1, 2020.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

76.5%
  2. No

23.5%
  1. I was recently banned for joining a clan with people I didn't know on my main. When I logged back on I was banned for "Aiding Indexed Players." I honestly don't see how you can be banned for being in a clan with someone that has made a mistake. You didn't do anything but now your banned because u shared the same clan name. I find it kinda insulting to a point that after all the work that I put in, I could be taken out at any moment for playing in a clan that have some randos in it.

This is the other part that I'm going to talk about. I've had countless friends that want to get back into clans but they can't because they're Indexed and they say it's to much of a headache to try. Some say they have tried or months but all their tried were for nothing because they never get accepted. I know for a fact that some of people I'm talking about don't cheat and would love to get back into it but they're still banned because of mistakes they made in the past. Most of them are either 14-15. Let's say they got indexed 2-3 years ago, that would mean that I would've been 9-12. A lot happens in 3-4 years at this age. Your mine-set changes and so does your thought process. For the most part your mode careful and indexed players would hopefully learn the lesson to never cheat again.I would like to ask mods to start being more lenient with the indexed appeals. This game has been out for 4 years or something and everyday it dies a little bit more. If all it takes is to unindex a few more people or even a server wide un-ban, we could bring clans and maybe even mineplex back to life.

@Wanderer @GrandpaNguyen

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  2. I can't say that I agree with you, but I can say that a couple of things. Including of course, my opinion.
    1. Most clans players cheat, not something you can change.
    2.Being indexed is just the current system for removing hackers. The system works. It bans hackers who will never stop cheating like me.
    3. Just don't play with anyone if you don't want to get banned for this. Just don't. I don't agree with this ban reason either, but Grandpa does, and that is his choice.
    4. In my opinion, instead of banning players for hacking from a moderator's POV, the anticheat should be fixed.
    If you can bhop, fly, and use kill aura on your client, fair game. Most of the reason that many of these bypasses work in clans is because of plugins used in the game. Which ultimately means that this could be easily fixed. Instead of banning players for cheating, ban from the source, which is cheating itself.
    5. Require a client like Lunar for Mineplex. This solves cheating itself, just require a cheat free client.
    6. After the above progress is made, clear all blacklists on any accounts. If cheating isn't possible, no reason to keep anyone banned for cheating banned.

If Mineplex continues to ban cheaters at the rate they are doing so, the downfall of clans is at hand. If cheating is still POSSIBLE, there isn't any point of getting new players to play because they might just contribute to the problem.

Mineplex needs to do things one at a time, not all at once. If they could fix all of this in 3 months, then a long line of unspoken profitability is at hand. Clans could ultimately be revived.

Most people won't agree with my idea for multiple reasons that I know of. Agree or don't this is the way to revive clans. Too many people are getting banned. Throwing the baby out with the bath water isn't something Mineplex should be doing right now, because we can all agree that Clans is slowly dying.

I know that you may have friends who in truth want to hack on clans again, as do I. A lot of things Mineplex can do to change that, but it doesn't seem they are up for new ideas.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  3. For aiding a banned player, here's the lesson, don't ally or join clans that you don't know unless they have decent stats or know them well. If you get banned and truly didn't know they hacked, you can always appeal it stating that. Also for your indexed friends, tell them to appeal. The same thing happened to me, I got indexed for mistakes I made years ago. But I appealed and Grandpa gave me a second chance.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  4. @xdKeeWii In order to get off the Index you have to be recommended by a CM to get into the Reformed Index Player Program. After that I'll dictate certain terms and conditions that varies case by case depending on the player.

Posted Feb 3, 2020
  5. this made me think of wowmatt he stopped cheating and loves clans and i think you should give him another chance @GrandpaNguyen

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  6. @Focusings I can't disclose that information especially in a public chat

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  7. It’s only 7 days just deal with it

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  8. Indexing has been a thing since beta? You stated that a friend was permanent banned 3 years ago.
    Edit: Nevermind, I re-read the post you weren't talking about a freind that was indexed 3 years ago

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  9. As a major blacklist evader and ex-cheater (currently on the index for blacklist evading a dumb Gwen ban), I honestly do agree with the disband rule since it gets players off clans even more. It’s one of the minor reasons for me to quit clans for now to grind Cake Wars/Domination/Survival Games on Mineplex because none of my friends are willing to invite me. The main reason of me quitting will always be about the fact I want to change and I don’t want to blacklist evade anymore.

Posted Feb 20, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 20, 2020
    Jarif likes this.
  10. Vraz didn’t you do a huge apology post then continue to cheat and then get banned. Just record everything don’t team with cheaters or cheat and you won’t get banned besides one time I got false banned

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  11. Did you get indexed for teaming with Leo?

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  12. I only cheated for a little bit and then I stopped before I got banned, the only reason why I got gwen banned was I gwened myself due to... stuff :(

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  13. @GrandpaNguyen i wasn’t asking for info , i was just suggesting to unban a friend of mine :D

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  14. Posted Feb 20, 2020
  15. @Focusings you're right my bad but that's not up to me.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  16. ok sry

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  17. I know that but he cheated on and off

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  18. I mean I'm pretty sure I almost got indexed for evading a false GWEN ban that I'd appealed twice. It seems kinda harsh to ban people for inviting an indexed player when they have no real way of finding out. This seems like it would moreso harm innocent clans, as larger clans who have alted for a while probably have their stuff together.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  19. I'd say be as strict as possible. There are already too many hackers on clans and thus far, this method is helping. Disband all the cheaters!

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  20. I think this shouldn’t be a thing as you mkght not even know you are in a clan with someone who is index or network banned.

Posted Feb 24, 2020