• 414 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8852 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Agree/Disagree reaction for ideas

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by RobbiinK, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would like to see the ability to react with "agree" or "disagree" in threads posted in the Idea Hub. It would help us better gauge how the community feels about an idea quickly.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Mitchy, Yato, Fall and 2 others like this.
  2. I agree. It used to be like this on Enjin before they reverted it to just potatoes.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  3. Yo,

I moved this over to Website Feedback as it’s more suited there. I don’t think there should be a separate “Agree” reaction since the like button already exists and serves the same purpose, and a Dislike/Disagree reaction has been denied for the time being on a different thread (the one made by Niervaco I believe).

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    TheMooseBean likes this.
  4. It is not frequently used, but the poll can have pretty much the same function. The problem would still persist with those who don't include one, so it would be nice to have a different means of expressing an opinion without posting the generic "+1 / -1" posts.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  5. I think what you mean is emotes? These things?
    :potato::mineplex::gwen:

If it's not emotes, and you're proposing a disagree button like the "like/upvote" button we have already on posts, we won't be accepting the idea unfortunetly.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    RobbiinK likes this.
  6. Hey!
    I completely agree with this, as it would make it easier to share your opinion without submitting a response. The like button does serve as an agreement with somebody's post, but it isn't as paid attention to for that purpose as it is claimed to be.

Though this change won't happen, I would love to see feature upvote merged with the forums - an upvote and downvote. It would centralize the ideas and create more activity and better content, as fewer people would feel the need to post what somebody already has.

Unfortunately, I doubt that merge will occur but in the meantime I would love to see an upvote and downvote implemented. It's not exactly like merging the two platforms but it will increase the quality of the forums and overall help calculate the popularity of ideas.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Yato and SpitefulNick like this.
  7. Hey!
    I agree that the forums need some sort of like or dislike indicators. I also agree that it would help the community gauge how people feel towards an idea. I also feel that adding like or dislike emotes would help people who don't know what to say in a response to a thread. This may help get more community feedback as you wouldn't need to comment on posts to get your general feelings across. Overall, I'm all for the addition of like and dislike emotes being adding to the forums, +1 from me!

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  8. I have a few issues with this. Firstly, we already have the like button, which is essentially saying that you agree with the idea. I support the idea of having an agree reaction because you may not always need to add anything further to the suggestion. However, I don't see much of a point when we already have the like button.

Also, with a dislike reaction for ideas, it's not nearly as constructive or helpful for development to just see a dislike. In most cases, explaining why you don't agree with an idea is going to be helpful moving forward. The hope with ideas that are disliked are that they can be adapted to be better or changed in some way to make them more viable for our server.

There's also the issue with users intentionally disliking a specific idea because it comes from a specific person, which isn't fair to that player and their ideas.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  9. As for the disagreeing part of this suggestion, I recommend going to this idea, in which a user proposed the idea of adding some sort of dislike emote. (https://www.mineplex.com/threads/advocating-for-disagreement-bring-back-dislike.42599/) The idea of letting people disagree/dislike posts has been denied in the past, and it's understandable as to why they don't wish to bring that up.

As for the agree to emote/reaction, I don't think it's necessary. As said before, we have the like button, and that seems to be enough for me, honestly. You could really just say if you agree with it or not in your reply to the thread.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  10. After looking back the previous idea from the other thread, I’d have to disagree with the agree/disagree button. It may put the users down and cause them to feel discouraged. What is the reason why you need to add the agree/disagree reaction? They’d likely going to abuse it just to make them feel bad, and so on. I don’t want them to feel upset just because of the reaction they received from them.

I’m going to disagree with the agree/disagree reaction on the forums. -1

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    RobbiinK likes this.
  11. I think at the very least a agree rating doesn't hurt. It also would be useful if you want to support an idea, but your message was already stated.

I think disagree should be added because in life people will agree and disagree with you. It is simply that. If someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean anything. If many people disagree you may have to revise your idea.

Have a good morning,
    ~yato

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  12. We shouldn't be denying anything just because someone's feelings might get hurt. If someone disagreeing with you upsets you, frankly, grow a pair.

It's also a lame excuse to say something like this could be abused by people just disliking people they don't like, because that's pretty obvious when it happens and that person's dislikes will just lose any meaning. The best argument I've seen against this is that it discourages actual feedback, which is fair, but I also think it's important to be able to see where the general community stands, rather than just the 2-4 vocal people on a thread. And besides, there are plenty of people like myself that would dislike and then still reply to elaborate. There are a lot of times when a certain thread or idea has come up so much that I just wish I could dislike the post. Heck, I'm sure some you staff members wish you could just dislike this thread. I think dislikes (and likes as well) are an important way for us to be able to see what is thought of an idea, and having a post heavily disliked shouldn't discourage you, it should make you reflect on why and hopefully get you to improve in the future.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    RobbiinK and Thenorn like this.
  13. We still will not be adding a dislike button to the forums. You can view a different thread with the same idea here. There's way too many issues that will come with a dislike button that we do not want. Some of these issues being trolling, adding an extra layer of negativity, it could make someone look bad, some dislikes might not even be deserved, etc.. You can also view the denial reasons of the other thread.

This will be locked as it's been denied and no further discussion is needed. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    TheMooseBean likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.