• 742 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9180 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Afk XP Farming

Discussion in 'Dragon Escape' started by Nekost, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a thread meant to address the fact that there have been a number of people that are AFK farming for XP in dragon escape.

Examples of players are -snip- and -snip-. They and others can be found often afk in dragon escape lobbies getting experience points for dying in the beginning of games.

Games of dragon escape end so quickly that there is never enough time for people to get AFK kicked.
    In a single day, you could get several levels by manipulating this glitch, and players that take advantage of it should be punished.

MS Hopping replacement?

Posted Sep 17, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 17, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I know this has been discussed before, about people afking in certain games to gain experience. This is the post where I last saw this conversation: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/how-is-this-allowed.68226/ . As Caameronn stated, it's not technically punishable in any way. This is what he said -

"As SoulHardy explained fairly well, it is perfectly allowed. Although multiple people disagree with it, as we have seen throughout this thread, it is not punishable. Anyone is able to do it, and regardless of whether people agree or disagree with it, there isn't much you can do. Unless you wish to suggest the idea of making it a punishable offense, this thread is becoming more or less a flame war. I've seen multiple posts that are quite spiteful and this is turning more into a witch hunt of the users that use this method, versus communicating about the actual topic.

With that being said, there is no need to shame people that do this. Everyone has their specific reasons and seeing that it isn't against the rules, you cannot be disrespectful either way about your views."

I hope this explains to you that nobody can be punished for this, as it doesn't seem to affect enough people to become significant. If you have any more questions on this, let me know and I'll answer them for you!

Overslow

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    Jocoe and Xukuri like this.
  3. Hey!

Although I understand your concern regarding this issue, it would be difficult and impractical to ban AFK players. This is due to the high frequency of players who may be standing still and the difficulty of catching them. Although banning AFK players may sound like a decent idea, enforcing this rule would likely be a challenge. For instance, it would be a lengthy and tedious process to watch an AFK player until it is deemed sufficient that they are attempting to boost their stats. If anything, adding this rule would only cause unnecessary confusion and false bans for those who did not intend to unfairly increase their level. You are free to talk to a member of Rules Committee or to Toki directly if you believe implementing this rule would be beneficial.

Thread Locked - Concern Addressed

Posted Sep 17, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 18, 2019
    OJ_hog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.