• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10377 Players Online
  • 7487 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

AFK timer on Draw My Thing

Discussion in 'Draw My Thing' started by Shqnk, Apr 22, 2020.

?

Should the AFK timer on Draw My Thing be removed?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hello fellow Mineplex citizens!

So lets talk about the AFK timer... the reason there is a AFK timer is so that we do not have afk members in game, this makes sense for there to be an AFK timer in Cake Wars, Bridges, Super Smash Mobs, Survival Games, etc. What I don't understand is the AFK timer on Draw My Thing, Draw My Thing is a guessing game there needs to be no AFK timer in general for Draw My Thing. Let me know if I am missing something here...

~Shank

Posted Apr 22, 2020
  2. I don't think that it should be entirely removed, just altered to fit the gameplay. In the other games you mentioned, you have to run around the map and attack people, so having an afk timer based on your movement (or lack thereof) makes sense. Since with DMT you're just standing there and typing, the afk timer should be based on whether or not you've typed in x length of time. I feel like this fixes all the issues people have with the afk timer in DMT while still not letting people just afk indefinitely for xp or just taking up extra space in a lobby.

Posted Apr 22, 2020
    okaymels and chhase like this.
  3. I'm not opposed to changing it, but it should still exist to prevent people from afking and boosting exp. Also, it's really not that hard to move about a tiny bit plus you do tend to have to move while you're the drawer, so I think this issue is pretty minimal.

Posted Apr 22, 2020
  4. One time I was playing DMT and the AFK timer started counting down. I was the next person to draw and I couldn't move a single block because of the barriers and I was kicked for being AFK.

Posted Apr 24, 2020
  5. When you first start to draw, you have to draw something on the board before you can move, and drawing anything on the board stops the anti-afk system from kicking you.

Posted Apr 24, 2020