• 330 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4204 Players Online
  • 3874 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

AFK Rooms

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by ICantTh1nkOfANam, Feb 10, 2021.

Tags:
  1. When I join a server and attempt to invite my friends at prime hours, about 90% of the time the servers are full. We think this can be fixed by creating AFK rooms that players in lobbies are automatically moved to after 5 minutes of being AFK. When they are no longer AFK, they can simply move around to be put back into the lobby. This would help a lot with managing lobby server capacities, although I understand it may be costly.

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  2. A simple idea that could work very well for Bedrock given the player base :) I am all for it. Especially since on Java you can join full lobbies if you have a rank, but on Bedrock there is a minimal amount of players that have any rank at all.

This has been suggested onto the Java server before, though, and got denied from what I remember. I don't remember the reasoning though, so it therefore may not be applicable to Bedrock.

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  3. Could you elaborate what you mean by not being able to invite your friends because of the servers are full? I have never really had this problem on Bedrock, so maybe it is for a gamemode I don't use, but I think that would help me better reply.

With that being said, I do not love the idea of AFK rooms. Personally, I believe it would be more worth it to invest the time to fix the issue you are experiencing, instead of doing a work around, which would cause players to AFK on the server for no reason.

I'd love to discuss this further, I just need to know more about the issue before I can do so.

Posted Feb 11, 2021
  4. i think he means the thing that says "your server is full and you cannot invite players right now!" or something. It happens to me a lot.

Onto the actual idea, maybe it could work? not a lot of people have ranks, and i dont see why afk people should take up space in the lobby. i had to transfer to 8 lobbys yesterday just to find a available one. I think this idea is cool, and we could find a time before you get put in the afk lobby.

Posted Feb 11, 2021
    Kight and ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ like this.
  5. As well as what snowy mentioned, there is also this glitch when connecting to lobbies/games where sometimes players in the party would be kicked and unable to join due to the capacity.

Posted Feb 11, 2021
  6. Honestly, I have never experienced that, but I can understand how that could be annoying. I do think it would be better though to rework the party system, so it could send you to a lobby with space for you an your party. I know the team system was just updated, so that could be a nice little update to go along with it.

Yeah, I have had that issue before. I feel like if party was reworked so it only could send a party to a server with enough slots, that would just be better, because even with an AFK lobby, you would still encounter these problems, even if less frequently. I am just not a fan of temporary solutions, when there is one that could permanently fix the main issue.

Posted Feb 11, 2021
    SmartGamer123 likes this.
  7. So essentially I try to invite them, but then when they press join party, it says Lobby-(lobby #) is full. We try to join a game then leave to go into a different lobby, but this usually takes 5 or more attempts, which is especially annoying when I have multiple friends

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 11, 2021
  8. This is not that bad of an idea. However maybe if you're afk for an extended period of time the server should just be able to kick you as you aren't doing anything if you're afk for that long. There's also the issue of spamming the lobby npc 50 times before it actually finds a lobby for you. Or vice versa where there was a point in time that my friends and I have counted the amount of tries it took to find a Turf Wars lobby. Though from what I've heard the server not being able to find a lobby is some glitch in the server? I'm not too well informed on it but it is annoying.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  9. To get back to the lobby, /sv 1 or /sv 2 and so on always work for me(they're commands that aren't known as well). /hub doesn't always. But yeah, afk rooms would be good for: #1: people who are brought back to spawn if they're afk in a game. #2: People who are afk in the lobby. It shouldn't count as playtime when they're in an afk room.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  10. This is a massive issue on bedrock for me, I find myself waiting 20 - 30 minutes trying to get in parties with my friends because lobbies being full.

Would help if this idea was implemented, upvote from me.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  11. I still have not experienced this issue, but I have seen multiple people talk about it, so I do understand what is going on now.

I don't believe AFK rooms would actually help with this issue, as there is a larger issue with the Bedrock servers. It doesn't make a ton of sense to implement a solution that doesn't fix the problem, but may help just a tiny bit. I know Leadership is looking into changes with the Bedrock server equipment, so hopefully that will help. If not, I do think something should be done, but I don't personally believe AFK rooms are the solution.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  12. Mabie instead of making an a lobby, just kick people that are afk for like 5-10 minutes.

P.S. I also have this issue... mabie longer than 10 min?

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  13. Moving to a more efficient lobbying system would help. Add 10 more lobbies, they pay for themselves because people playing in parties will have the option to buy things rather than leaving for other servers to get to play together. This is only an issue on Mineplex. I’m sure the DEVs will find an easy fix.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    yvuggu and SmartGamer123 like this.
  14. Yeah, I totally agree. There should not be issues this big going on, so I hope they are fixed soon.

One of the leadership members, who is also the project manager and development manager, spoke at a townhall Community Management recently hosted and spoke a bit about some server changes they are looking into. Here is one of the key notes from that meeting regarding the Bedrock hardware;

Question: Alex any idea on when we could see fixes for the Bedrock server (ie Servers being full)
    Answer: We are working on Java and Bedrock being able to share hardware, so that is a major focus. We are also across the board working on improving efficiency.​

So hopefully, if they share hardware, they will be able to more efficiently allocate space to each server

Posted Feb 25, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 25, 2021
    ThatzAssault. and yvuggu like this.
  15. Hypixel has something similar and it works

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  16. I bought a rank to resolve the issue of being able to join a full lobby and create a party. I honestly thought it was a feature not a bug. And it's nice to not have to spam the lobby NPC but instead type /hub lobby-37. I don't know why I always do lobby 37, but I do.

What does the /sv 1 command do?

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  17. They just need to update Mineplex Bedrock to the latest version. That’s probably the leading cause of the lag. Apparently people can still play Mineplex on 1.12, and it’s wayyyyy less laggy, meaning that Mineplex must still be on 1.12 or near it. (The original reason for people downgrading was the invisible skin issue, 1.12 made it so that you could see them, and since there was such less lag, they decided to stay on it.)

Upgrading Mineplex Bedrock would also be good because it would ban a multitude of hackers who use clients from older versions. So the first thing they need to do is upgrade the server to 1.16.40.

Posted Feb 27, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  18. They do have Afk kick

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  19. Hi there!

I completely agree with this. I was playing with my friends the other day and it took us about 20 minutes to all get in the party and get into a game because the servers were full and even trying to get the hub as mentioned above is near impossible at times and you have to keep doing /server Lobby-# until you find a server. I think this would be very easy to implement and I can't think of any reasons why this wouldn't be beneficial.

-MC Minium

Posted Mar 3, 2021