• 1500 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9938 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Advertisement in Recruitment Subforum

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by ClassN, Sep 15, 2018.

1. So, me being the responsible forum user I am (heh), I checked the rules before making a thread in the Recruitment subforum. It was going to be for a Discord I manage with the help of @MCCharity : Snake Competitive League. However, I found out that you can only advertise Mineplex-related, appropriate Discords on your wall and in groups... but doesn't that take away from the purpose of the forum in the first place? In 2018, Discord is what every team uses for communication no matter what it is, so it stands to reason that as long as Discord groups follow Mineplex guidelines, they should be able to be advertised in the appropriate forums.

Basically I'm suggesting to make Discord/TeamSpeak/other voice servers able to be advertised in the Recruitment subforum. @Jarvis

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Vocaloiid and millenium200 like this.
  2. +1. I see no issue as it's mineplex related

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  3. If it was a higher-up in charge of these and they got approved by higher-ups, I would definitely agree with this. A problem with this is we would need a system for higher-ups to check this, and they don't have the time for that. I 100% do not trust the community to handle or give out these type of links.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  4. Not too sure why you added "Mineplex Related" when the rule clearly don't have a restriction on that. But anyways. You are welcome to advertise your own discord or whatever voice server you wish on your profile and groups. It doesn't have to be Mineplex related.

The reason behind the strict advertisement rule on the forums is that the forums is the to go places for a lot of users. It's almost the "landing" page. With voice servers such as discord, it's hard for us to moderate constantly and ensure that it is "Mineplex-related' and family friendly (we all know how discord can get some times). As on the old website, we whitelist specific discord servers because they are in partner with Mineplex (e.g. MCL, BCL) and we are currently doing the same. But like I said before, we understand how discord is playing a huge role in the community. Therefore we allow your personal discord to be advertised in groups and on your profile posts.

This does create a paradox when the discord server is advertised in the group and the user advertises the group in the recruitment or anywhere on the website. For now we have no issues with that.

The advertisement rule specifically is being tweaked as we move forward with the website. We will be adding more exceptions if we feel like it's reasonable.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Wanderer, millenium200 and ClassN like this.