• 1628 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6594 Players Online
  • 4966 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

admins plz do something about comp account bans

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Autocl1kerz_, May 22, 2020.

1. I need to use a web accelerator to play mineplex, but I often get comp account banned for doing so. can the admins add a player to a whitelist once their comp account appeal has been accepted and not ban them again? if players get comp account banned repeatedly, they will get network banned one day or another. pretty sure this has made mineplex
    lose many Asian players

Posted May 22, 2020
  2. The reason you cannot be given a whitelist is simply due to how often your account appears to be getting compromised. It is your responsibility to keep it safe. If you are knowingly doing something that is causing your account to get compromised, then it makes your appeal somewhat redundant. The server cannot let someone run around with your account, breaking the rules.

Eventually, if you keep getting banned for this reason, you won't be able to appeal it.

Posted May 22, 2020
    Zenve, Im_Ken, xGetRekted and 5 others like this.
  3. Web accelerator's don't necessarily cause accounts to be compromised. They're "a proxy server that reduces web site access time" (Wikipedia). The issue they're facing is that this proxy makes it seem like their account is compromised when it really isn't.

Posted May 22, 2020
  4. Unless Mineplex has recently added a feature that auto-bans a player when joining from a new IP address, this shouldn't be an issue. If this was the case I would like to believe they would have announced this and not kept it secret.

Far as I'm aware, the "Compromised Account" term is something that will only appear on a punishment reason if you were caught in chat advertising servers, account phishing sites or any other malicious message. I can only guess and say that their web accelerator isn't the source of their issue but their account has genuinely been compromised.

Posted May 22, 2020
  5. Hey!

Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

I think there are many other ways this concept can be handled with. Having a few accounts that got compromised is not as much as a huge deal as having your account getting compromised more than the appeal number. As said above, it is your job to make sure your account stays safe, and with running web accelerators can put a risk for this. Even if you do not think your account is compromised does not mean it isn’t at all. Whether it is your web accelerator or not, it must be something that is compromising your account seeing the situation here, in my opinion. As far as your idea, I will have to disagree with it unfortunately. I think it would be too hard of a job on the admin team. They have a lot to focus on other important jobs rather than putting a whitelist on accounts that are being detected as compromised accounts. This can become a problem because if for whatever reason something changes and your account really does get compromised, then this would ruin the whitelist. And because of that, it doesn’t seem likely it would be considered, in my opinion, due to these accounts potentially getting compromised. If you are confused at all with compromised accounts or anything similar, I suggest reading this thread here about the details. Anyways, I will be giving this idea a -1 and thanks for suggesting!

Posted May 22, 2020
    Looof likes this.
  6. the problem is I cannot play mineplex with 1000ms so I need web accelerators. if I keep getting comp account bans I will eventually get network banned. I already lost my main due to this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 22, 2020
  7. if your ip changes very often, you will get comp account banned. if you use a web accelerator, once they change the acceleration node, your ip will fly across your country, and you will get banned.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 22, 2020