• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11283 Players Online
  • 8393 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Admin response icon

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Rommel, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, I think there was a suggestion a long time ago about this, I am not quite sure. I am suggesting random things at this point also.

The suggestion is this picture, the Mineplex logo (or other assigned icon) would display where the status of the thread icons are if an Admin or Mineplex employee comments on a thread so people are aware it may contain an important message or whatever the case may be.
    [​IMG]

Posted Jul 10, 2020
    Drizzerd and Polar8 like this.
  2. Hey!

I think this is a pretty decent idea. I think the staff member/employee should have the choice to leave the icon there or not depending on the thread. This would be ideal as it wouldn't be good to bring attention to thread that may not need all the attention (controversial threads, etc.) Overall, this is a pretty good QoL suggestion that I wouldn't mind seeing. +1

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Rommel likes this.
  3. Oh that would be cool too letting them decide if it shows. I even thought, at the top of the thread or somewhere in the threads discussion, it can have a Jump-To action button that says “Admin Reply” & when clicked it’ll take you to the admins response (if the icon is showing) on the thread.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2020
  4. Hmm, pretty neat idea. This could definitely be helpful for players viewing important responses to threads, as admins/other paid Mineplex employees typically respond to threads when it's to dole out important information. This is definitely a suggestion that shouldn't be prioritized, since there could be more pressing matters to attend to, but I think this is a simple quality of life change that would benefit the website.

I like LazyBrayden's suggestion, where an admin/developer can choose whether they want this icon shown when they personally respond to a thread - some replies might not be of importance and it would be a good thing for admins/developers to have the option to be not shown. +1

Posted Jul 12, 2020
    Rommel likes this.
  5. @Marzie Do you know if this is do-able?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 13, 2020
  6. It is doable. The only thing stopping this idea from becoming a thing is the amount of support it gets. We don't want to go through the effort of re-implementing this if people either don't want it or are just meh on the idea. A day or so ago I asked for some IT people to give their opinions on if it should come back or not. So, the more support this gets the more we'd be willing to actually do it.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
  7. This idea seems to be pretty good, I don't see why it can't be added.

It may let players know that there was some important note left behind on the post, so I give this idea a +1 since it can help some players out.

Thank you for the suggestion! Good luck with your idea.

Posted Jul 21, 2020
  8. I definitely like this idea. I believe it will give the community more opportunity to look for transparency & responses that are from higher-up staff members, and this can give people a better outlook on Mineplex and how it operates in general - which I think would really fit the goals of the server.

This can't be too hard to implement, and I don't see a good reason for it not to be added - so I'll be giving it a +1! Thanks for the suggestion c:​

Posted Jul 21, 2020
    Polar8 likes this.
  9. This would most likely help out users that want to find out answers to their questions on their threads, find out important information from an admin or higher on a certain thread, or just quickly look at the comment made by the admin. I don't see why this shouldn't be added, it's a minor QoL change that could help out a lot of people in a lot of scenarios!

+1

Posted Jul 21, 2020
  10. This would definitely be a great addition to forums, as it would allow the community to see when the higher ups post something that is of importance to the community. A way to filter this in search would be useful too, incase someone wants to specifically search up threads which have been flagged in this manner. Overall, +1!

Posted Jul 21, 2020
  11. I feel this would be something that would benefit the community as they would be able to see when higher ups post something that is beneficial to the community. This is something I definitely would like to see added! +1

Posted Jul 21, 2020
  12. Since this is doable and implementation solely relies on support from the community I have to give this a big +1. It's not the biggest deal IMO, but it would be really nice to figure out which threads might have more important/official important information in them just by looking at an icon.

Posted Jul 21, 2020
  13. Hey there!

I definitely would love to see this implemented. I see no harm in adding the logo to signify an important response from an admin. Many users feel assurance from an answer coming from a staff in a higher-up position with the ability to make changes. This idea promotes viewership of possible announcements or development updates, and I'd love for it to be possible. Thanks for suggesting! +1

Posted Jul 22, 2020
  14. We will be adding back the jump to admin post button in the future. I'll have this marked as processed and and I'll lock it since we aren't looking for any further discussion on it. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Jul 23, 2020
    Rommel, PieOrPi and Brusey like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.