• 603 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3543 Players Online
  • 2940 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Adding "Warp powder" to Cakewars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by danielWuW, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone. I wish that we could buy something called "Warp powder" in Cakewars. Warp powder is basically something that you buy from the shop, click on it, wait 5 seconds before you get teleported to your base. This would be very helpful if someone were rushing your base while you're somewhere else. I know you can just enderpearl, but I feel like it's so "glitchy", and you're always ending up stuck in a block, and then you fall down from the map.

Maybe this could cost 13 emeralds, or something?

What do you guys think?

Posted Apr 30, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 30, 2019
    el4ctrified and Snowy like this.
  2. To be honest this actually sounds like an amazing idea and even the concept around it. Maybe up the price a bit just because it is basically a life saver. +1

Posted Apr 30, 2019
  3. Thank you sir

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 30, 2019
    Snowy likes this.
  4. First this might not be that useful cuz you can die and respawn to your base. The thing is that if you don’t use rune of holding, you lose your stuff. I recommend this be more useful. Well, also this can be used if you are losing a PvP battle, just run and teleport back!

Posted Apr 30, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  5. Hey!

I actually really like this idea. Although my KDR is already garbage (a lot of the time because I suck and I fall into the void), I really hate having to just jump into the void to spawn back at my base because it's inefficient and also makes me lose all of my stuff (which I most likely will need considering someone's at my base trying to eat my cake). Some little gizmo that would allow you to teleport back to your base would be very beneficial to carry with you as you rush other teams since you always have a quick way to get back to your base.

In all honesty, this could probably replace the Chicken Portal (since this item is rarely used within the game) as it seems to be more useful in my opinion. I do agree that this should be fairly expensive considering how well it'd help you protect your cake along with the traps.

Maybe to make it a little less OP, I feel as though you can only use it when you are standing still for 5 seconds or so (like you said) but if you are in PVP, the countdown to teleport should stop (kind of like the Combat tagged/logging out thing in clans).

But overall, I do like this idea :D

~Bob

Posted Apr 30, 2019
  6. Thread moved to Game Alterations

I don't think it is necessary to add a "Warp powder" feature because we already have a similar ability like "Chicken Portal." You can buy it through an Emerald shop, and place your chicken elsewhere. I still like your idea of having to teleport back to your base. It can be useful if you're running out a hearts. The only issue is that you evade an enemy from attacking them which is unfair for them. Maybe there should have a wait time for at least 10 seconds.

Overall, I like the idea what you have, but I feel like it is unnecessary to implement in Cake Wars. 0

Posted Apr 30, 2019
  7. Hmm, personally I don't think this would be very necessary to add to Cake Wars. 1) it is that there are already two ways to easily get back to base that exists, using either enderpearls or the chicken portal but enderpearls are used more commonly from what I've seen. Anyway, having this "warp powder" would make it very easy for players to protect the base, and at the same time make it a lot more challenging for the opposing team. 2) It would honestly just make getting other team's cakes impossible if everyone had warp powder on them and could just get back to base in a second before the opposing team even has a chance to break into the cake. Using enderpearls to get back to base is probably the easiest way to get back to your base besides dying, so personally, I don't think Warp Powder would be really necessary to add since you could just practice/continue to use the enderpearl strat. -1

Posted Apr 30, 2019
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  8. I don't think this should be added for a few reasons. This could be abused so that when someone's in a fight, they could just use this to get back to their base instantly. This would cause lots of frustration with players just warping back whenever they're low. We already have ender pearls, so making this would just be a simpler ender pearl that's a little stronger, and would be a waste of time. We also already have Chicken Portals, which can be used for whole teams to teleport to where the egg has been thrown. Once again, adding warp powder would be redundant because we already have enough means of teleportation. Like @cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf stated, you could just put all of your stuff in a chest and jump into the void, or if you have a rune, you could just jump into the void and you'll be back at your base with your entire inventory. -1

Posted Apr 30, 2019
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  9. This seems like a slow enderpearl which you can't aim and costs more. I just don't see any reason for it. I'm guessing this is mainly intended for the first 20 minutes though, which I could see being alright if you desperately need to get back to your cake, but at 13 emeralds... why not just have a backup pearl? To me, this just seems extremely redundant and outclassed by the choice pearls offer.

Posted May 17, 2019
  10. Please no. I already dislike Chicken Portal enough that it's in the game, plus it sounds like an even more cheap way to escape from a person's base or return to yours. I strongly disagree with this idea.

Posted May 17, 2019
  11. I pretty much agree with @Phamtastic here. Cake Wars already has a Chicken Portal, and only 5 seconds would be too overpowered, making it unfair for the opposing team. Although this could save your cake every once and awhile, I personally don't know if it's a good idea, so I'm on the board here. 0

Posted May 18, 2019
  12. I'm going to have to disagree on this one. Honestly, as others have stated we already have the chicken portal and ender pearls which in my opinion aren't very overpowered. I never see chicken portals used, but I think that if this were to be implemented it would be abused and very annoying to play against.
    Yeah agreed. If you put traps on your cake you get notified when a player is close to it, because the player is either given slowness or thrown into the air this more or less buys you that 5 second time to return to your base via the warp powder.

Five seconds is a pretty short amount of time, I think that if this was going to be a thing the countdown would be canceled if you take any damage. This would stop people getting as annoyed with it because you wouldn't be able to use it essentially as an escape from dying. Even then, if it did work like that, it would just be an automatic pearl to your base which in my opinion isn't needed. Interesting idea though :)

Posted May 18, 2019
  13. I see now how this wouldn't be useful in Cake wars, and I agree with all of you guys. Cake wars is good as it is now, and shouldn't be changed in any way.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2019
    Zipppo likes this.
  14. I like the concept of this idea but once again we do have the chicken portals which I think are very underestimated and I never actually see them used in games but they can be very useful and could also do the same job as the warp powder. Also, I think that if this were to be implemented it should only be in doubles as in normal Cake Wars you have a team of 4 so if you don't leave anyone to protect the cake when that is down to team communication and how you arrange your team so that is easily fixed in normal Cake Wars.

Thanks for sharing your idea and I am interested to see what others think as this is an interesting concept for an item, perhaps it could be made into a kit??

Have a nice day :)

Posted May 18, 2019
  15. Maybe It would be better if the teleporting got cancelled if you got hitted by a player?

So it wouldn't be unfair in a PvP fight.

Just a thought.

Overall, I think that the Warp Powder is unecessary in Cake wars, because we already have the Enderpearl and the Chicken Portal.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2019
  16. Hey,

I don’t believe this should be added to Cake Wars for a few reasons. The main reason is because I feel it could be easily abused. Being able to teleport straight to your base with a click of a button would be extremely annoying in PVP fights. Of course, a cool down could be added so that you cannot use it as often, but finding the right cool-down time could be difficult; too short and it is still over-powered, too long and purchasing it is a waste of resources. Also, adding another way to teleport to your base seems repetitive. You can already ender pearl to your base, and if you are worried you would have to return to your base for whatever reason, you can always just purchase a rune of holding. Overall, I’d have to say no to this idea.

Posted May 18, 2019
  17. I meant to reply to this, and I’m glad you agree.

Personally, I dislike the idea. The chicken portal is already a semi-controversial item, but it has allowed many more means of teleportation. It would be a little difficult to add this item and NOT have it be controversial. It is far too overpowered and would basically let anyone who wishes to random get away at any time. We don't want this. Ender pearls are already a perfect way to get out of a sticky situation, regardless of if they're glitchy sometimes.

Posted May 18, 2019
  18. Hello,

I'm going to disagree with this idea. I'd rather just have the most vanilla game possible, with only a few modifications. We already have the Egg Portal item that allows for instant teleportation. This dust you suggest would completely change the game in ways that I do see as positive. It's already hard enough to rush a base with the builder kit suffocating you and 2-3v1s. Adding this powerder might make it too hard to rush and potentially be used to do some weird stuff when PvPing. Additionally, I just don't see why it's needed. When someone rushes a base it should be as fair as possible, we already have a respawn timer and the builder kit and an upgrade in the nether shop that allows for players to get regeneration at their base. When a player is rushing, just chase them or jump into the void, but a whole new item just for defending doesn't seem needed.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted May 18, 2019
  19. This idea sounds quite unique. I would reduce the amount of gems this would cost to about 10. It can really save you and your items from being lost. Like you said, it also gets you faster to an opponent trying to eat your cake and it is a less risky way of going back to base than enderpearling but you can only teleport there. An enderpearl would be able to get you anywhere.

That is only if you enderpearl onto the side of a block that you get stuck in which is on you if you do so. There are rare cases where an enderpearl can send a player suffocating in a block but from my experience, it did not happen as much as you described it to.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 18, 2019
  20. Very interesting idea that you're proposing, however I disagree with it's addition to the server. For one, there is already an Egg Portal item that can be used to teleport instantly, so this wouldn't be that useful in the first place. Secondly, this would be pretty overpowered; being able to instantly teleport back to your base in this fashion would make it extremely difficult for teams to eat cakes, which just prolongs the game further. I think that the current way to teleport is fine just as it is.

Posted May 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.