• 1607 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10045 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Adding Sudden Death to Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by SilentLattice31, Jan 7, 2019.

1. I was thinking that after about half the game time has passed, all cakes should be eaten. This is normally because sometimes matches go on until time runs out and there's likely at least one cake still standing after it ends. Although this can make defending the cake seem less worth it, at least it prevents you from losing the ability to respawn early in the game.

Another thing I was hoping for is a timer to see how much time is left before the match ends in a tie.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    AsianDynasty699 likes this.
  2. I definitely agree with this. On the Java server, after about 15 minutes, Cake Rot happens which means all the cakes get eaten. This could be a good thing to add onto Bedrock as well, and because of this feature I've never actually seen a game tie before. I don't believe this takes away the value of your cake either, as it's still important to protect it early in the game, when you're trying to capture the beacons and get gear. A timer may be helpful as well, as it can let you know the game is ending soon and you should hurry it up to get the win. Nice suggestion!

Posted Jan 8, 2019
    AsianDynasty699 likes this.
  3. Heya,
    Although I don't have too many problems like this on bedrock, I will have to agree with on this as well. I do recall on java edition on my older server I did run into this issue many times. although the games I play it usually take about 10+ minutes, I do see how for certain players it could be a bit harder and more time-consuming. Adding the "cake rotting" thing would be nice to see in a future update as it would benefit longer games.

[​IMG]

Posted Jan 8, 2019
  4. I’m not sure about the sudden death idea...because when I play it seems caked go pretty fast, but I’d really like the timer idea to show how much you have...

Posted Jan 8, 2019
  5. I disagree, I love the current Cake Wars mechanics right now. Like @BuySomeApples said, it takes 15 minutes (on average) to complete. The simplest way to counter this is to move Cake Wars to Hardcore games, things get heated up quite easily there. You even admit it yourself that it kind of defeats the purpose of defending your own cake. If this is the case, why not just play Micro Battles? It's also a 4v4v4v4 game with no respawning.

The timer isn't very beneficial or necessary for players to see. The original point of the already existent border is to prevent games from prolonging due to players just hiding and running. The timer basically has the same function so I don't see a point in adding one.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jan 8, 2019
  6. Yes! I would love for that rule to be added to the game. When people in Cake Wars are being passive and what not, The game can go on forever. If that rule was added, it would make the game soo much enjoyable to everybody and be a bit more intense for the players

Posted Jan 8, 2019