• 201 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4202 Players Online
  • 4001 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Adding how to add an image/basic forums tutorial to the FAQ

Discussion in 'Website Ideas' started by Kindnessaj, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Hey! So essentially I see this being a very common problem, and one that tends to easily confuse a lot of new forums people, whether they're new to the forums overall, or if they're just new to the way the Mineplex forums is and don't know how to do simple things like signatures, adding images, reporting, appealing, etc. Thus, I have an idea, what if there's a new forums thing in the FAQ in how to do these things rather than have them ask in the help section and disallow for some clutter? Honestly I think this would definitely work because some people tend to look for things rather than ask, but if they just can't find it where they wouldn't expect it, like the FAQ they'd go through a lot of trouble asking, and possibly to other people who are wondering the same thing. So yeah, is there any flaws to this? What do you think? Should it be added?

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    BlazeFire and Eqsa like this.
  2. This would probably be a very ideal change. When you've been around the website for a bit, everything can be seen somewhat as basic knowledge, but what's sort of forgotten is that the formatting of the website can be quite intimidating for people joining for the first time. Whether it's formatted in an FAQ sub link, or there's a posted guide (which id happily work on myself), I feel this would be super convenient for newer members. Covering where to find popular website pages, how to change various settings, signatures, adding images and not just [.img] etc) would seemingly be very convenient if the source was put in a place where people could easily find it. The easiest way to go about this in my eyes is to simply create a guide as a thread, and pin it Help / Forum Discussion, as well as have a link on the FAQ / Support section of the Website directing users to a basic "Forum Introduction Guide".

With all of that said, without a website developer it's very difficult to make any major changes to the Website, however, posting and pinning a guide is within the realm of possibility. I'll probably mention this around the Forums Team to get some extra opinions since I feel this would be very helpful. Thanks for sharing your idea!

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  3. A "resources" section on the forums screen where people could potentially submit semi-official guides for various things wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  4. Just post in the guides section
    Semi-official doesn't exist
    it's either official or community made

and Eqsa is correct in that editing the FAQ section anywhere requires a web dev. Forums Team can probably create a guide though for this stuff and stick it on the guides hub thread.

Posted Aug 7, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  5. I’d say that this is primarily a good idea; I’ve seen many users unsure or creating repeated threads in the Help forum for these simple things you mentioned. While there are multiple YouTube and both unofficial and official guides for many of these features, these are all scattered and someone who doesn’t know what something is called or does has a large chance of not finding the respective guide.

To answer your question at the end, like Marzie said, is the lack of a web dev currently. Forum Managers can edit posts but not actual pages of the website.

Posted Aug 7, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.