• 1402 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3981 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Adding Back Snow Fight During Christmas

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Snowing_, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey so this is not really a new game but it'd be cool to see the game Snow Fight, which is currently in the MPS, added back during the holiday season again as I think it goes well along with Christmas Chaos or some other variant they might be working on. Snow Fight has been added during the holiday season for like the past 3 or 4 winters, so it'd be cool to see it back again but maybe with some tweaks or adjustments to certain kits like sportsman (which is a jumper kit) to not make it so OP. I suggested this in the Community Insights Discord but it'd be cool to get the opinion of the forums on this too and any possible suggestions to make to the game could be more clearly seen here. [​IMG]

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  2. +1 would love to see snow fight return

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    GAM, _NoHaxJustCats_ and Snowing_ like this.
  3. I'd like to see some tweaks to the game to make it more fun during Christmas, but yeah I could see snow fight returning for Christmas. I'd feel a lot of players would enjoy it, as a lot of the players do miss some of the older games. It'd also be interesting to see how many players would play an old/removed game such as snowfight.

+1

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  4. Hello!

I would be enthused to see this mini-game return. It for sure fits in with the Christmas theme. I am sure they will bring it back. However, I predict they will add some twists and turns that make the mini-game more attractive. Overall, this game would be great for a come-back, and would definitely make a great Christmas mini-game!

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    GAM, Snowing_ and _NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  5. Hello!

Actually, I was about to suggest the same idea but you were first on that. I also, just like you, wish to see temporarily addition of Snow Fight game for Winter/Christmas season too, just because this game really fit for that season. I know some players (especially you) enjoy playing this game and I see that during events. So, why we shouldn't let players play that game without MPS and with the ability to get rewards and statistics even for a short time.

I don't think any changes will happen in this game and it will be added in the way like we have that now. Just because it will take development time which is limited, and we can't simply take resources on that.

Maybe as a bonus, we may add event mission which will require win 30 games of Snow Fight. It may give a rather cool reward (3k shards and 1500 exp) which will motivate players to play that game. I don't think it's so hard to do such a simple mission.

I hope it will be implemented in December as it's pretty simple to just add the game on a public server and create a simple mission. Overall, +1 to your idea!

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    GAM, 510bikes, Snowing_ and 1 other person like this.
  6. I really enjoyed Snow Fight when it was around for the holidays, and in agreement with everyone else! Considering people really love the game, it will certainly get large amounts of players bombarding their servers.

I think the way to nerf Sportsman is to add a cooldown to their leap ability if there is not already one. Mobility is very essential in PvP situations and the Sportsman dominates in that area as it can escape and ambush with ease. If there is a cooldown, I would double or increase it by 50%.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Nov 14, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 17, 2019
    GAM and Snowing_ like this.
  7. This is a good idea. I think that Snow Fight is a nice game to goof around and play for a while with your friends and it does really add to some of the Christmas spirits around the server, which is always great to see! I think that this is also a good idea because it gives players a lot more to do rather than just the CC game mode, which is also a very good thing!

Thread Moved -> General Idea Discussion

+1

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    GAM, Snowing_ and _Prof_ like this.
  8. In the past, Snow Fight has been re-introduced during the holiday season alongside Christmas Chaos. A few balancing ideas could be incorporated, such as making Medic's splash potions of healing either drinkable or more effective to ensure that an adequate amount of health is restored because it isn't always completely effective, but overall, an overhaul would not necessary. Pulling this game out of MPS would really add to that holiday spirit, but like @Evgeen mentioned, a holiday event mission would probably be the best way to encourage more players to try it out, since Christmas Chaos would more than likely take the spotlight away from Snow Fight. He mentioned a fairly low reward, but I'd personally argue that a higher reward should be introduced to capture the attention of as many players as possible.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    GAM, Xukuri, Evgeen and 2 others like this.
  9. I think this is a great idea. Snow Fight brings out the holiday cheer and is fun to play during Christmas time. I like @Evgeen 's idea of having a certain event mission for the game but I'd like to make some changes to that.

I think it'd be better off as something like 5-10 wins in the game, just from recent times, we've seen winning games like Area 51 Raid once as a Raider, once as a Defender, and once by Capturing ET. You could (technically) complete these event missions over the course of 15 minutes or less, which is ideal for most of the casual player base. I'd suggest giving 5000 XP, 3000 Gems, and a base of 3000 Shards. However, maybe having the addition of a more challenging for the more hardcore player base could also be more beneficial due to being appealing to players that are on the network for a long time and might want to go for a special cosmetic, a bulk amount of experience, or a bunch of Shards. I'd say something like a winter-themed particle effect limited to those who win something like 50 Games of Snow Fight, which I'd say is a pretty balanced number.

As for the whole game itself, it would probably have to have a few balance changes, like said by @rqil, and I'm sure Game Insights and other community members could take the time to play the game a lot in MPS to hopefully be able to push out a doc with suggested changes by the time the game is released or around the time it should be released if it's going to come out.

Overall, a great suggestion and I hope to see the game return for the holiday season!

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    Evgeen, _Prof_ and Snowing_ like this.
  10. I’d love to see snowfight re-added for the Christmas event season. I remember it being a really fun minigame. Christmas Chaos is great, but snow fight is an additional minigame that’s quick and fun to play. It also represents winter and not just Christmas, since not everyone celebrates it.

I think the idea of an event mission, like mentioned above, is a great idea. It’ll encourage more players to play the game and will help share CC’s spotlight with snow fight

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    Snowing_ likes this.
  11. I think adding back Snow Fight during the upcoming season would be a great idea! I imagine it would be similar to the Area 51 event; there would be a "main" game mode (Area 51 Raid), alongside a minor former game (Alien Invasion). The same would likely hold true for Christmas Chaos and Snow Fight. I think it would be a nice alternative game for those who have had enough of CC and are willing to play something different. It would also be nice to add Snow Fight during this time period to further promote the holiday spirit.

Although I haven't played Snow Fight before, it would definitely be nice to present an updated version of the game, as you mentioned. I am not sure if dedicating time for a minor game would be worth the time and effort, but small changes wouldn't hurt. Anyway, I do not see major problems with adding this game during the holidays and I personally cannot wait to play it if it is to be featured during the Christmas season.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  12. Hey Snowing!
    I think this would be a great addition to the holiday special, as I have always loved playing snow fight. Having this along with whatever Christmas game is released would ensure that the holiday special lives up to expectations. It would sort of be like the Area 51 special, which had both the raid game and alien invasion, however, maybe we give snow fight the xp that the raid game had. I think giving it a generous xp gain, even if not nearly as much as the overpowered Area 51 game, would help gravitate players towards it. Thanks for suggesting this, and I hope it can be implemented. Big +1 from me!
    Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. Hey!
    Honestly, I think that this would make a wonderful addition to Mineplex this holiday season! As you've mentioned, Snow Fight is currently in the MPS which is always fun to play with a couple of friends, and I also know it's quite popular during Events. I really like the idea of Snow Fight coming back to Mineplex this holiday season! With the A51 game, Alien Invasion was brought back, so I feel that along side Christmas Chaos this would make an amazing fit!
    I also like idea of adding some holiday missions to go along with Snow Fight. I feel that the addition of missions would also encourage players to try the game and keep it popular throughout the Holiday Season with potential objectives.
    I also agree that certain aspects of the game could be altered, such as Sportman as you've previously mentioned. I believe in especially in a game like Snow Fight, kits can be the edge needed to win however I also believe that they could be more balanced to make rounds more fair.
    Overall, I think it's a wonderful idea to bring Snow Fight back to Mineplex this holiday season; +1 from me!

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  14. Hey there!

I actually like this idea. Snow Fight has never been my favorite game but I can definitely see the appeal and I understand why it has a pretty dedicated fan-base. I would love to see it back during the holidays and I could tell you that I would definitely enjoy it. I'm sure that it would serve to be a beneficial promotion for the server and help older players find a little interest in the server again.

Also, I'd like to mention that holiday / promotional seasonal games tend to be quite popular. Halloween Havoc was very popular and Area 51 was for a time. I think Snow Fight could serve a similar purpose and help create some talk about the server.

One thing that might nice is a title and a weapon name. Deathraze was a popular cosmetic and lots of people worked really hard to get it, so it would be nice to implement something similar into Snow Fight. My idea is a title that says "Snowman" or something similar if you win 50 games.

Overall, I would be excited to see this implemented for the holiday season so I'm going to give this a +1.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  15. I would really like to see this get put into place. As can be seen with this past Area 51 Raid event, we had Area 51 Raid, the main game, but we also temporarily brought back Alien Invasion, too. I think that this would be in the same boat as that. We would have the main Christmas themed game, and we would also Snow Fight added in as a side game.

If it were to be added, I actually see many, many players playing the game all the time. When Alien Invasion was brought back, there were not too many players due to the amount of rewards people farmed from Area 51 Raid. However, the Christmas and Halloween games are almost never like that, so once people have completed it, they are (usually) done with the game for that season. Due to how limited the game currently is (being only in an MPS), I know that a lot of people would constantly be playing it. Big +1 from me.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  16. I would definitely love to see this!

Snow Fight is a super fun and underrated game, and it seems like the holiday season would be the ideal time to temporarily reintroduce it to the community. Lately, our seasonal and special event games have been doing very well as far as player-counts go, and it would be fantastic to see Snow Fight have a larger player base, even if it was just for the season. As mentioned above, it would work well as a secondary seasonal game to Christmas Chaos in the same way that Alien Invasion was a secondary game to Area 51 Raid.

Overall, I would definitely love to see Snow Fight added back during the holiday season.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    nolawn and _Prof_ like this.
  17. Hey!
    Yes, yes and yes. I love playing this in MPS's, and I really hope this is included with the Holiday update. Good thread, +1 from me!

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  18. Hey there!

I totally agree with you on this! Snow Fight has always been one of my top games in my whole history with Mineplex. It would be amazing to see it return this holiday season! I believe it could co-exist with Christmas Chaos without causing any trouble, and it is hopefully not too difficult to make Snow Fight a public game as it's in the MPS currently. Some sort of award or mission could be implemented as well, like others are saying, to spice things up this time around. Overall, thank you so much for suggesting this and I hope it's implemented! +1

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  19. +1 +1 +1111111

Posted Nov 27, 2019
  20. Yes please! I would love to see this game come back!
    +6942

Posted Nov 27, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.