• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10769 Players Online
  • 7879 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

adding a mail system

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by boiledosck, Sep 16, 2020 at 1:19 AM.

1. i tried looking into older forum posts to see if anything about a mailing system was brought up and apparently two-ish years ago, it was suggested but wasnt able to be put into effect due to moderation issues. i was wondering if maybe there was a way that could be worked around? theres people from minecraft that i met on mineplex in 2014 that im still friended with but we're never able to get on at the same time (i also dont have any of their social medias). if some sort of offline messaging thing was available, id be able to talk to these people again (i would actually cry lmao). just a cool thought

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 1:19 AM
    PhoenixSky likes this.
  2. Hey there,

For the reason behind this I understand where you're coming from and I would love this system in mineplex however for moderation purposes I don't see it being implemented because of the reason below;
    • It would be way too hard to monitor and moderate all the mail being sent
    • - With a large amount of mail (say 20,000 a day) moderators wouldn't be able to keep up with that amount in a period of time, with 20k a day that would turn into 7.3 million mail sent every single year give or take and that large amount wouldn't be able to be moderated with the amount of staff mineplex has or the systems if it were put in to keep it SFW.

Overall I love the idea and I saw this idea posted back in 2015/2016 on Enjin however for me it would have to be a downvote just because it would be impossible for it to be implemented and kept safe.

Kind regards
    - Sake

(p.s, these two threads are the ones I believe you're talking about)
    thread one
    thread two

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 1:35 AM
  3. Hey there!

Sadly this will not be happening anytime soon. I suggest clicking here in order to read more about it. It’s basically because of the EULA if you do not feel like reading a proper reply :).

For future refrences, ideas should be posted in the general idea discussion section here, just saying for the next time you have something to suggest!

Havw a great day!

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 1:55 AM
    Paladise likes this.
  4. Hello!

I'm pleased to see you got some awesome responses above, but I thought I should give some feedback as well!
    As much as I see where you're coming from, similar to what Sake said, I just don't think this is going to happen. With a mail system being implemented, a whole new moderation system would have to be implemented with it. To make sure our server stays family-friendly and safe, staff would have to go through the mail to verify there is no unsafe content or any form of rule-breaking, which, to say the least, sounds extremely tedious. I feel this would be too much for Mineplex and would bring various moderation requirements that would make it more difficult to moderate the server efficiently. I also feel we have a solution to this already, which is the ability to create conversations on the forums. Obviously this isn't directly on the server, but it's still a way to communicate or even "send mail" to other players. Overall, this idea doesn't give many benefits and the possible issues outweigh the beneficial qualities of this being implemented, so I'm going to have to give this idea a -1. I commend you for sharing your idea however and I really appreciate your concern for Mineplex and expressing your ideas. I hope I cleared this up for you and if you have any further questions, feel free to message me. I hope you have a good rest of your day! :)​

Posted Sep 17, 2020 at 11:17 AM
  5. or add a place to link your social media accounts (discord, yt, etc) like hypixel has so they can find you that way

Posted Sep 17, 2020 at 12:17 PM
    illum likes this.
  6. Hi there @boiledosck!

I personally think this would be a very nice addition, however, I doubt it will be possible. We used to have a private message feature but Microsoft didn't like that given Bedrock for the most part has a younger playerbase and it could be used to send harmful messages to players. Sending messages offline could still be used to deliver harmful messages, therefore, I highly doubt that Microsoft will be giving the the server permission to do this anytime soon, although, I definitely think it would be a nice feature.

- MC Minium

Posted Sep 17, 2020 at 2:52 PM