• 641 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11353 Players Online
  • 10712 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Add the /sv to game board (QoL)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by mab8400, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Since a lot of reports require proof of being in a public lobby, I find myself forgetting almost every time to /sv to show im not in an mps. Adding steps like these makes it more difficult to report rule-breakers; although it makes sense to have it in place.

Instead, there should be a game board add-on just like in the main lobby which shows which server you are in. So if you were in SG-1, it would show SG-1 above/below the players so that if someone is teaming, boosting, or any other thing like that, we don't have to record the video and then the whole thing is junk because we didn't type in two letters.

I have seen a feature that is part of lunar or some other client (please tell me which one if you know) that displays it as a GUI effect, but that would require all players to download that mod which would be pretty inconvenient for many players

thx.

Posted Jun 5, 2021
    Skit, Ducksicle, vcvv and 8 others like this.
  2. Hi! I definitely agree, it's not clear enough for forum reports as to if a player is in an MPS or how long ago evidence was taken.

We are currently planning and thinking of some sort of all-round scoreboard update. @Evgeen and I (well, he's doing most of the work, to be honest) are compiling a document with proposed changes for every single one. We want to put the date under the scoreboard title for every game (which can help with report evidence, determining whether evidence is too old or not) as well as changing the scoreboard title to "MINEPLEX - MPS" when in a player server (or equivalent, like MCS), which would be a huge help on reports for many gameplay offenses which are, of course, not punishable in MPS.

We were thinking of adding the actual server name to tab, but it seems like it won't really be necessary anymore as it's more important to distinguish whether a server is an MPS or not (which can be done in a way easier and clearer way, as not everybody presses tab when recording, the idea is the one I outlined above) and you can tell what game you are playing just by seeing the scoreboard already and, if it's video evidence, the rest of the game too.

If you have any suggestions or comments about this, you're free to leave them here or joining the Community Council discord (PM me for an invite). I believe Evgeen will post a thread regarding the idea when he finalizes it. :)

Posted Jun 5, 2021
    QuikMiner, vcvv and Evgeen like this.
  3. I definitely agree with this suggestion, there are a few ways in which something like this could be implemented like highlighted above. I'm not overly fussed how this gets implemented, but having some sort of sign that shows a player is in an MPS or a public lobby would definitely be beneficial for those gathering evidence for offences such as teaming. From an RP perspective, it's unfortunate when reports have to be denied for this reason however the rule exists for a good reason. Adding in some indicator would mostly eliminate this issue though. Currently while this isn't a thing, I would recommend recording as a spectator so that the emerald in your hotbar is present (amplifier option - which only shows up in public lobbies). I understand this is only a temporary work around and could also be inconvenient if you're playing the game and forget to go into spectator mode after or forget to run the /sv command.

Posted Jun 5, 2021
    QuikMiner and vcvv like this.
  4. I consider this to be a very useful addition that would make reporting players much easier.
    I agree that forgetting to type /server whilst recording happens to me often too, and I would definitely like to for it to be visible somewhere on the screen during the game in order for this issue to be eliminated.
    I often find myself in calls with people that are not in the same lobby as me and having to type /server in order to see which lobby I am in if they ask me for such information in order to teleport to my lobby, which can either get me killed in the said game or make me lose time that I could have used to possibly win a game.
    Also, when reporting in the staff request community, it is suggested that you include the server of the rule-breaker(s) and having the server visible on your screen can also make reporting in the said community more efficient and overall simpler.
    I do not think that this change would take a lot of effort to implement, and I think that the benefits that it would bring would make that effort absolutely worth it and improve the users' experience whilst playing games on the network.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  5. Definitely agree with this! As others have stated, having to type /server in reports can be easily forgotten, which is completely understandable. Having this added would eliminate the need for this and hopefully result in more reports being accepted! Great idea, I really hope to see this added in the future:)

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  6. I agree, I think it's definitely easy to forget to type something like that for specific reports and this can result in rule breakers getting away with it due to insufficient evidence even when they were clearly breaking the rules. Hopefully this idea would lead to many more reports being accepted in the future!

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  7. This is a wonderful suggestion, and something I never even thought of until I read this thread. It would make sense to have it implemented, as sometimes it is unfortunate that without this type of evidence shown in reports, they can get denied for being insufficient even though it was a clear infraction of the rules. We can't expect everyone to do the /sv command either as you've mentioned, so it would make sense to implement this!

Hope to see it implemented alongside the other things that are being proposed, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  8. Hi there!

Thanks for making this suggestion! Personally, I love this idea for many reasons. The first being, I do get that it can be annoying to do /sv to find out what server you are in, so I think it would be a wonderful addition! From a Reports Patrol standpoint, I really love this idea because it would help tremendously with teaming reports or exploiting reports since sometimes the server is not included in the evidence. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do think that this was proposed by Community Management not too long ago.

Anyways great idea and hope to see it soon!

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  9. Press tab. It's there.

Posted Jun 13, 2021
  10. Yes, when you click tab the game you are playing is there, however, it does not show the server you are in or if it is an MPS [See Image Below]

[​IMG]

That screenshot was in an MPS and it looks the exact same as if it were a real game.

Posted Jun 13, 2021
  11. Ah, I was confident it used to be there next to the game name. My mistake.

Posted Jun 13, 2021
  12. Yeah, if the sv was listed on the scoreboard somewhere I think that would make it easier for everyone especially when dealing with reports.

Posted Jun 20, 2021
  13. I think it'd be best to just put the server name at the top of the tab list (like it used to be in the pre-game lobby a few years ago) to save space on the scoreboard.

Posted Jun 20, 2021
  14. Hello!

For the most point, I will share the opinion of @maevestarbaby regarding that topic from the first reply of this thread. Adding server name to scoreboard isn't really necessary since it's more important to know when evidence was taken (date) & if it's from MPS or not for that that can be done by putting to the title of scoreboard if the current game is played on MPS or not without mentioning exact server which will be enough because based on scoreboard in the most cases it's possible to see what game is and if scoreboard title will be without "MPS", it will mean that game is not played on MPS which RP/A members can easily identify.

For the part of "date" that is also important thing for handling website reports, as for that I have recently posted idea thread regarding adding date line to the scoreboard helpful for forum reports. To be able to add another line to scoreboard (date in my case) to make it look consistent among all games of the network, it will be required to remake scoreboards in few games since in these games all 15 available scoreboard lines are already taken (examples of these games are Bridges, SG/Skywars Teams Mode, Castle Siege, partly Speed Builders & Clans). That my idea about remaking games scoreboards in order to include date there can be found here. Implementation of that will be harder rather than just changing scoreboard title by including what I said above.

Anyway, returning to that idea from this thread, I'd personally give -1 to add server name to scoreboard because of reasoning upper in my reply and because it's unnecessary to have exact server name on scoreboard.

Server name is shown in tab only when you are on the server without any game set (like on Lobby server or on Clans server), otherwise if game is set on the server, current game name will be displayed in TAB in header just like @aahad showed above.

When I was working on my idea about adding date to show somewhere to help with forum report, I was considering including date and server name to TAB list on the header and even got concept, but then I decided that no. The reason for that is because it won't be always visible on evidence, since some people, when'd record evidence for forum report, can forget to click on TAB to make it visible which can make all that pointless addition. For case of showing date as first scoreboard line & if server is MPS in scoreboard title, that information will always be visible doesn't matter from person who record and RP/A always can find that out when reviewing evidence of forum report.

Also, as I remember, it was never a thing before to show server name on header of scoreboard on game servers, and it was always showing only game name on game servers (since Oct-Nov 2014).

Posted Jun 20, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.