• 1842 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10280 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Add the Content Creators and the Artists to "Staff List" page.

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Klobby, Aug 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!

So at the moment, the Staff List page lists all non-purchasable ranks/SR.Mod teams along with the users who have the said rank. The only exceptions to these are Content Creator ranks (YOUTUBE, YT, STREAM) and Artists. I believe these two should be added to the page with new "Artists" and "Content Creators" sections for them as well.

Here are the reasons why these positions should be added to the list:

ARTISTS: Artists are still paid positions just like Developers which are already listed on the page so it would only make sense to add them there too. They still do contribute a lot to the network by creating official art/content for the Mineplex bedrock marketplace.

CC: I do realize that Content Creators aren't and never will be considered as staff members but few of them used to be listed back on the old Enjin Staff page. I also believe that listing them here will also give them more recognition/boost their popularity which could help them a lot.

Be sure to tell me your thoughts about this very simple idea!

EDIT 1: To avoid confusion with Content Creators being considered as staff members, the main Staff page should also be renamed to something like "The Mineplex Team" or something similar.

Posted Aug 28, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 28, 2019
  2. Heyo!
    I think this is a really good idea. No matter what these people still contribute a lot to the server, and don't get enough credit. The developers, support, etc are all shown up on the staff list which are payed positions, so I don't see why it would be a big deal adding Artists. Even though Content Creators aren't really staff members like you said, they still should be noticed like how they were on the last forums. The only issue with this is on the last one only the official Youtube ranks were shown, not twitch or yt. I think it should definitely incorporate them this time around (+ it would also help out their channels a lot of players saw they had youtube channels).

Overall, this seems like a very good but small addition that should definitely be considered. This is going to have to be a +1 from me, and hope I helped!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Klobby likes this.
  3. It would list them all simply as "Content Creators" just like it does on the discord. No matter what their rank is. I believe that all Content Creators deserve the same recognition no matter what they do.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 28, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You and Yato like this.
  4. Hey buddy!

I agree that these ranks deserve their own section on the forums where members can easily find their profiles. Perhaps instead of adding them to the staff list because they aren't staff, they could have their own page, like a content creators page with all of the YOUTUBE, YT, STREAM and ARTIST ranks there. The issue I see with them being added directly onto the staff page is that if people want to go find a staff member for assistance, it could confuse some members of the public looking to contact staff. Good idea overall, they definitely deserve a page with their profile links, just perhaps not directly on the staff page.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Klobby likes this.
  5. Heyo!

I agree with this idea to a certain extent. Yes, I agree that the Content Creators and Artists do deserve a list of some sort, but I don't agree with them being on mineplex.com/staff. The reason for this is that this list is for staff members, hence the /staff at the end, but I do think it would be a good idea to have a list on the website of the Content Creators and Artists. Form me, It's a 0.5

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Klobby and Yato like this.
  6. I think it would be good to give recognition. Artist being on the Staff page makes sense. Since they work for mineplex.

For the CC, ie twitch, YouTuber, stream, etc. I think in the player section it would make sense to add it. In the drop-down menu maybe add a Content Creator option.

Overall nice idea. Needs a few tweaks, but I could see it being implemented in the future. May not be a priority on the Developers list.

+1 from me, I would like to see this added.

Have a good morning,
    ~yato

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Klobby likes this.
  7. I was thinking about this before creating this thread but it wouldn't make that much sense to have one big page with all staff ranks and then have one smaller with two Miscellaneous ranks. Perhaps the main Staff page could be renamed to "The Mineplex Team" or something similar. I do get where you two are coming from but making a brand new page would take more effort/time than adding new sections to a already existing one in my opinion.

But thank you both so much for your feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 28, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 28, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  8. It would be misinforming if they put CC as staff. Artist, I understand, but YouTubers do not work for mineplex.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Klobby likes this.
  9. Well I can say we def won't be adding content creators to the STAFF list. Arstist rank used to be on the old staff page we had on Enjin, and it was removed. I think they had good reason removing it too, it's not really "staff" and doesn't fit there. Our current staff page is supposed to be there so players can message specific people for help or concerns. You don't need to message any Artists for help on our server.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  10. Simply put, content creators are not staff. If they were, they would be added to the list. I would be in favour of having a page listing current content creators. But it would simply be out of place to put them alongside staff since the work they do is nothing similar to what content creators do. I get the logic but I don’t think it would be a good idea.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    TheMooseBean and Klobby like this.
  11. Response to Content Creator:

"Content Creator" was never on Enjin. There was "Official YouTuber" (or something similar) at one point which listed Parker_Games and CaptainSparklez (after Sparklez was no longer an Owner). I understand wanting to have recognition for our YT and Streams ranked users but don't think renaming the staff page to fit them is the way to go about this.

There is a document in in the MP Guides section by Vanessa which lists all the docs from the server that are public, including a list of Content Creators. There are a lot more than shown on Discord, it would be hectic on a page. I also feel like as a CC rank, you should know not only have to produce exciting content but also generate traffic to your channel through digital marketing and other social means.

Having every YT and Streams rank, aside from being a very large amount, isn't necessary because their IGN is often their channel name. If not, that's on them. That is also the reason which "Content Creator" is above "Moderator" on Discord (so people can find their channels).

Response to Artist:

"I think they had good reason removing it too, it's not really "staff" and doesn't fit there."
    -Marzie

Marzie you're correct in that Artists are not general moderation staff because they are Marketplace employees but please provide insight next time as to why you personally do not agree - it makes for more formidable discussion, thanks!

Support Agents are employees. So are Developers. And Admins, LT and Owners. Some Builders are too. All of those employee positions provide something required for our network, and they are all recognized as staff. Artists and other Marketplace personnel, in my opinion, should go on the Staff page as "Marketplace Staff'. Clicking the name would bring you to the MP Marketplace page! This not only encompasses Skin Artists and 3D Modelers, but also Full Time Builders and anyone on the marketing end (if they choose.)

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  12. I just updated my response lol
    --- Post updated ---
    I updated it before I even saw your post xD

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  13. I would argue that there is a builder section. Builders don't really help people. Mapleads do, but builders don't, it isn't their job. Yet they are on the staff page. Artist are like builder, but are actually more staff-like because they are a real employee of mineplex.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  14. Nah, builders are all in sub teams. There's 4 or 5 builder sub-teams.
    --- Post updated ---
    So yes, there's always a reason to message a Builder.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  15. I just check the staff page @ https://www.mineplex.com/staff builders appear on it at the bottom.
    [​IMG]

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  16. Yea, I said sub-teams, not sr.mod teams.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  17. Builders are considered staff. Just because they are “builders” doesn’t mean they don’t contribute to Mineplex!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  18. my argument was they appear on the staff page as members of the staff. Artists are paid by mineplex for their work hence they are without a doubt staff. Since staff is the workers in a group.
    --- Post updated ---
    My argument is artist also contribute equally to builder so they also should be recognized

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  19. Those builders on the staff list have all applied on the applications page to be a Builder. Keep in mind where it has the Builder application it’s under staff.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  20. As for CC idk

Posted Aug 28, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.