• 1300 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1521 Players Online
  • 221 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Add TDM back

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by nadav1112, Nov 16, 2019.

Tags:
?

Want TDM back?

1. Yes of course

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No I don’t like it

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi so I play since 2014 Mineplex and I really enjoy to play TDM and I remember how much people enjoy this game and when it remove I was really sad

Posted Nov 16, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  2. I enjoyed TDM a lot too (was my favourite Champions mode), but the reason it was removed was because the player count was too low and not enough games were starting. There are other Champions gamemodes you can play like Clans and Domination. On the other hand, you can still play TDM on MPS if you want.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  3. Ye but clans and DOM not like TDM I think they should try to make it more playable so people will like to play it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  4. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion

As much as I miss TDM, I do not think it would make sense to add back the game mode. There are few people that play games in the Champions category, and adding TDM would split the Champions player base and would result in even slower times for games to fill up. Alternatively, it is possible that TDM will hardly receive any players because CTF almost always has zero players on at all times. Adding a new Champions game mode would not help this situation and would take away players from CTF and DOM. Although I would like to see the game return, I do not think it is realistic at the moment.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  5. Let’s be honestly no one play CTF

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2019
    AshtonIsBad, JAE MAMMA and GAM like this.
  6. Hi!

Like @AceSJus said above, adding this back would result in even slower games. Champions CTF and DOM don't have many players, and adding TDM would mean slower games. I don't think adding TDM is necessary. You can also play TDM in a MPS.

Have a great day/night!

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  7. Hey there!

TDM was a fun game, but it wouldn't really work with the Champions playerbase we have currently. Due to the small amount of players that play Champions/CTF, another game, like others said, would only decrease the amount per gamemode even more. TDM is still available in MPS', so players that enjoyed TDM can still go into their MPS and play it with their friends, but besides that I think it's probably wise to not add this game back. Thanks for suggesting :)

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  8. Hi!

I would love to see the return of TDM mostly because I felt I was pretty good at it and it also seemed that many people were into it. As the game was competitive, I feel like that made people enjoy the game mode more. Sadly, from what champions has showed recently not many people are interested in the game mode itself which means that adding TDM would not really attract too much attention. I feel like the game mode could be revamped or updated to better fit the type of audience Mineplex is catering to right now.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  9. I'd used to play TDM four years ago, which was in 2015. It was used to have a lot of players who played that game. It was sad that this game was removed a while back, and I wish if it was available on the server. It was better than normal Champions. I don't think it would be possible to bring back the TDM this time. You can still play TDM in the MPS or in the EVENT-1 server. -1

That's an excellent suggestion you have, and keep up the good work!

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  10. So remove capture the flag no one play it anyway a
    --- Post updated ---
    But They can remove CTF because no one play it anyway and add TDM

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 19, 2019
  11. People do occasionally play CTF (played a few games today) and TDM was dead long before CTF was. No evidence that TDM would do better, especially with the sorry state of balance the gamemode is currently in.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  12. Agreed, I think they should switch it out for TDM. .-.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  13. No one would play TDM either the whole reason it was removed in the first place was because the games wouldn't start

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  14. That’s because CTF was added and was loved now everyone wants to play TDM.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  15. I would like to try TDM out. I am a Bedrock player so I would be happy if you would add it or ANY other mini-game to Bedrock.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  16. What if they removed CTF and replaced it with TDM? I'm just curious if that would help. I was on last night and saw 3 different games of DOM going at once. If you lower the count from 10 players to 8 players that might help. You can have 10 players max but 8 is when the game can start. It is like this in MS. I think this would make it so you can start the game but doesn't need all 10 players. If it were a 8 player game at minimum it wouldn't be to small because it is still a 4v4. I think this would help the game because people just don't enjoy waiting for games to start. I could see why this works in MS and why it wouldn't work in TDM (because people can join mid game) I still think it is worth giving it a shot.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  17. Yeah I suggested that, DOM has been getting good servers the past few days though not gonna lie.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  18. Reposting the same reply I've replied to other "bring back insertgamehere" threads

"As much as I would love to bring back all of our classic games, it would really only work if we had the numbers to keep these games going continuously without affecting other games. There are a few issues with bringing games like TDM back to the server. The more games we have, the more difficult it is to keep up with them and they also split the playerbase, which means fewer updates and fewer players in the games themselves. As of right now, we don't have any plans on bringing back TDM but if that changes you will definitely hear about it. TDM is lucky enough to be in MPS though. Let me know if you guys have any questions or concerns."

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  19. I was just wondering how it would effect updates. Wouldn't DOM and TDM get the same updates if they have the same maps and the same skills/classes. If you were to update DOM it would effect TDM like if you add a map then it goes to both games. If I am missing something here please let me know.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  20. Hi, what will happen to my idea with newts? Did anyone even visit it? I have seen some.
    I am talking about it just because it must stop functioning in a day or even less and I don't know how to fix it

Posted Nov 19, 2019