• 2091 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4670 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Add Speed 3 Back to Stampede

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Sawb, Jan 28, 2020.

Tags:
?

What is the Most ran Class on Clans?

1. Assassin (Obvious choice right here)

90.0%
  2. Ranger (Not as much as Assassin)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Knight (I barely see this except when someone is using legends with enchanted armor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mage (Yeah right, only to get out of people's moats and to kill legend users)

10.0%
  5. Brute (Rip speed 3 on stampede)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stampede should be able to go up to speed 3, not just speed 2.

What is the most ran class on clans currently? Assassin, no doubt.
    What counter is there to Assassin (Besides Assassin)? Brute, mainly because of intimidation, but that can only do so much because the Assassin class still has access to other features such as, evade, illusion, smoke bomb, etc.

If Brute is a counter to Assassin then the class should be able to outrun assassin's as well.
    Look all i'm asking for is speed 3 to Brute to outrun Assassin's, because speed 2 is not enough. You need to be able to outrun the Assassin, not going the same speed.

P.S. Mineplex Clans Team, you guys really need to make Assassin ran less in Clans. #ItsTimeForAChange #NerfAssassin

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  2. Brute should most definitely have speed 3 in clans once again. The sad truth of clans at the moment is that if you have a nearly half competent assassin you are able to kill anyone or if you are losing you can just run away. If brute had speed 3 we could finally catch up to and possibly kill the assassins that once oppressed us. I do not understand how it is broken when if you hit something 1 time with sword you lose the speed or if you get bowed. This needs to be rebuffed. Period... #ItsTimeForChange #NerfAssassin

Posted Jan 29, 2020
    Fallen™ and Sawb like this.
  3. Honestly, adding speed 3 to brute would just make assassin worse which would make the meta more stale. -1 for me

Posted Jan 30, 2020
    QuitYourBCLTeam likes this.
  4. Every kit has a counter to an assassin, but you are right about assassin being the meta. I mostly think this because it's faster to travel using assassin around the map and its invisibility abilities being able to get few hits on tanks before they can react and see them. Adding stampede 3 can give brute the chance to be able to catch up to assassins and counter them, and not only that, it will give the ability to travel much faster around the Clans map.

Posted Jan 30, 2020
    Sawb and Xion like this.
  5. Heyo,

Clans is one of the harder games to balance, reasons being:

• We share the same code base as Champions (Dominate, CTF), and therefore must create suitable balances with those games in mind as well.
      • There are many factors that influence using a kit, such as map size, clan size, events, which ultimately cause Assassin to come out as the #1 option because of it's [glass] cannon aspect, escape techniques, and movement abilities
      • If we want to give out smaller and quicker patches that can work around the aforementioned issues, we would be limited to value changes, something that may be easy to implement, but is harder to come up with without messing too much with either game. For example, Smoke Bomb received a duration nerf when used under slowness, and it clearly hasn't had much of an effect.
    I personally agree with reverting Stampede back to it's original Speed 3 maximum with some different nerfs applied (TBD), so that it's not overpowered in Champions but still useful in Clans. Generally, Clans players have always agreed with this change, and so instead I'll present a poll taken in the Mineplex Community Insights (GI) Discord for Champions players.
    https://imgur.com/a/eeJGh3N

As for Border's point about "every kit [having] a counter to an assassin," you're correct, that's more or less how they were designed. The difference being some things are more practical and easier to learn than others, and the additional points you brought up with are the reasons why Assassin is and has been more practical. With this in mind, you can think of more nerfs by just toning down what makes Assassin practical. For example, @Veans thought of reducing the map size to the original, and that would let other kits travel around the map more easily. You can read more about that here.

So overall, even though this idea has been brought up by numerous people in the past -- keep the ideas coming. In my opinion if you think about what I said in my last paragraph when thinking about changes to make Assassin less practical, then you can come up with more original and easier changes than trying to tamper with Clans and Champions.

~Xion

Posted Jan 30, 2020
    Im_Ken, Sawb, Vraz and 4 others like this.
  6. Honestly it’s cool to see your ideas xion and border, but what separates you guys from me is the fact that you just can’t view things like a staff member should. Think about the overall impact of increasing stampede speed, brute would be able to outrun assassins and because of the speed 3, it would give brutes a better way to dodge scepter. And as every experienced clans player knows, brute is highly vulnerable to scepter giving brute a little bit of a counter. Giving stampede 3 to brute would also result is takedown 6 brutes with speed 3 being able to catch assassins even if they flash because of speed 3. Buffing brute to speed 3 would definitely ruin the game for many players and is honestly an idea for another time.

Thats another -1 for me

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  7. Maybe, if speed 3 were to return brute to its status of being able to catch assassins, just maybe we wouldn't see 90% of the player base using assassin.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
    Sawb likes this.
  8. @M3GA_BERRY_BO33 is a Season 6 player and he was exposed to the assassin meta first so maybe that’s why he disagrees with this. (Unless you’re joking but you sound serious in these posts).

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  9. When speed 3 for stampede was in the game, assassin was still ran a lot, adding it back would only make it easier for brute to catch up to assassin and it would only make assassin a bit worse but u have to take into account that assassin's can blink, flash, leap, or recall away.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 31, 2020
  10. Are you talking about me joking? Because i'm trying to get speed 3 back on stampede here no jokes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 31, 2020
  11. Stampede 3 would be nice to have back. almost balances assassin

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  12. Re-read my post again, I’m clearly talking to someone else, not you.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  13. Vraz, I am possibly one of the most experienced clans player to this date. If assassin is needed it will ruin the game no doubt and it will be horrendous to play. Speed 3 on brute is simply too op due to the fact of how easy it would be to dodge scepter beams. Vraz you seem like a new player and I’m telling you now clans is a pretty fun game and you will be able to see what I’m talking about after a couple hours of game time. Anyways, always good to see newer players in the community!

Posted Jan 31, 2020
    Vraz likes this.
  14. I see your point! I agree with all your statements. Thank you for teaching players like me who are new to this game. :)

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  15. Please explain to me how it's a bad thing that brutes could potentially dodge more scepter bolts when they take 80% of their health per shot.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  16. Brute can takedown so many blocks and is so overpowered because it can kill assassin, I personally want brute to me nerfed not buffed because of its power. Scepter is a good thing and if brute can dodge it, brute would run rampant on clans so in my opinion, brute is in a fine place in the meta.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  17. Take down first of all is on a 10 second cooldown and can take you roughly 8 blocks, (that's 0.8 blocks per second compared to assassin's 1.5 blocks per second with flash) and how does it's ability to kill assassins make it overpowered? There will always be counters and that's what makes the game interesting. Mage for example, if you play correctly on mage you will win every 1v1 with a brute due to its mediocre health and your ability to keep distance. But mage gets absolutely stomped by assassins in return, checks and balances if you will. Brute once did have speed 3 and that didn't seem to stop people from playing assassin one bit and as for scepter dodging, brute takes double damage from scepter, (granted this mechanic wasn't intentional) and I think if it's going to take 8 hearts of damage it should be able to have an easier time of dodging it. Assassins too for example, they can't have speed 3 but their speed 2 is permanent so I would argue assassin is the better specter dodger. I'm just not even sure why you keep bringing up the scepter since they are quite rare and don't play that much of a role in normal combat.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  18. if ever kit can counter assassin and assassin is not the best? Then I ask you what’s the point of even having assassin?

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  19. First of all, if every class countered assassin, 90% of the players wouldn't be playing assassin so that claim is just flat out wrong. Assassin has turned into the one class everyone plays just because it's so good right now with smoke bomb bring guarantee of escape and the illu smoke bomb combination really beats any other kit in melee, right now assassin is not an assassin. I think any changes that would go against assassins would be helpful just so they have to play carefully and like an assassin, not some 1v3 rogue. Bringing stampede back to speed 3 would force assassins to actually think and plan a better escape route, maybe blinking on top of a tall object or recalling back to a safe place, they shouldn't be able to beat heavy classes but have the ultimate escape if something goes wrong. Assassin should be the hardest class in theory because you have to do a lot of thinking before diving in and it's the complete opposite right now.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  20. If brute can get speed 3 why not give kits like mage or ranger speed 3?

Posted Feb 1, 2020