• 406 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3636 Players Online
  • 3230 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned add sharp 3 to sky wars

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by not so good at cake, Mar 24, 2021.

?

do you think sharp 3 and above would be a good idea in sky wars

Poll closed Apr 24, 2021.
  1. yes

20.8%
  2. no

79.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When me and my friend wanted to get a sharp 5 diamond sword in sky wars it just dissapeared after sharp 3 i could not get past sharp 2 and i have no idea why but its probably the same function that makes it so you craft a juke box.

Posted Mar 24, 2021
  2. In skywars you can't get anymore than sharpness 2, and for good reason. If it was that easy to get such a good sword, then the game would be easier than it already is. Skywars is really easy enough already. Gotta give those mobile players a chance. In other words, anything above sharpness 2 is too op.

Posted Mar 24, 2021
    JeffTried, Kight, Orangey and 2 others like this.
  3. -Thread Moved to Bedrock Ideas Sub-Forum-

Hey there!

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and suggest this idea! As much as I've thought about this idea myself, I unfortunately disagree with this idea suggestion. I feel that @Mothy was here has a pretty good explanation in regards to why I disagree with this idea. I feel that the current level of sharpness available to players is a fair and balanced in respect to the gamemode. I very rarely come across another player who has taken the time to make a sharp two as it is, and I personally don't think adding sharp three would be necessary. However, if they were to add sharp three, they'd have to make some changes to further balance the game. To further balance the amount of sharp three swords being wielded by players, I feel that they could decrease the amounts of XP bottles found in chest and if possible, increase the amount of levels required to make a sharp three. (Possibly the required amount of 13/14 levels would be a decent amount) - While I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented, I feel that the current level of sharpness is fine as it is. Thank you for this suggestion, I'm interested in what others may have to say!

Posted Mar 24, 2021
    Orangey, 20LeeBrian1, siee and 2 others like this.
  4. i now understnd why sharp 3 is not available but my sword still disapears when doing so i feel like this wouldnt have to much of an impact becuse by than you can probably make another sword but it still may effect someones gameplay in a negative way.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 24, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  5. Ok what-

Jukebox? No @GuardianInASuit clarified that it was capped on purpose. Also, I don't think enchanting is necessary, either. But hey, I mean you could enchant, I just think it's not worth it.

Posted Mar 24, 2021
  6. When you try to combine 2 sharp 2 swords one of them disappears, but I honestly don't think this affects gameplay that much mainly because you already have another sharp 2 sword. There isn't really any point for a player to have more than one sharp 2 sword.

Posted Mar 25, 2021
  7. Heyya!
    Great idea however I'm going to have to disagree. A diamond sword with no sharpness at all can 3 shot someone with no armour. A sharpness 1 diamond sword can easily kill someone in chain. A sharpness two can shred through most full irons and even full diamonds. I think sharpness 3 being possible would be way to op and would allow you to 1-2 shot everyone except full diamonds. I think that would be comepletely unfair as a full diamond player is already super op against someone without armour. We want everyone to have a fair shot if they were to fight a full diamond. I personally have comboed a full diamond off once when I was in nothing. This wouldn't have been possible if I were 1-2 shot if they had Sharpness 3 or above. Hopefully this makes sense as I personally don't see any changes coming to this mechanic. -1 from me.

Posted Mar 25, 2021
    Kight likes this.
  8. You guys are no fun

Posted Mar 25, 2021
  9. Hey there! As plenty of others have explained, this was done intentionally to help balance the game. If someone got to mid early, it would be very easy for them to max enchant a sword, and the game would be pretty much decided by that. The cap makes it so everyone has an opportunity and the game is overall more balanced. Because of this, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me!

Thank you for taking the time to share, and have a great day!

Thread Locked > Denied by GI

Posted Apr 12, 2021
    BaconAnEggs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.