• 2879 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12325 Players Online
  • 9446 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Add PPC to the scoreboard

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by MachoPiggies, Oct 28, 2019.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a very small suggestion and won't require much explanation, but I've seen somewhere, don't know where that where it says your rank on the lobby scoreboard an admin had it show their shop rank too. I can't find a screenshot and can only remember it vaguely (thinking about it, it might've been the admin's disguise rank), but would it be a good idea to add this for PPC subscribers? For example instead of the scoreboard rank just showing the actual rank they have, if it's a PPC member, then say the player was also an eternal, it would show something like 'Eternal (PPC)'. It's a very small update but I think it would do some good as I was in a panicked frenzy this morning when I bought PPC thinking that it hadn't activated and only 2 hours after I realised that the star in chat meant PPC. So for new subscribers and new players, would it be a good way for players to check if their PPC status is still active, and thus help diagnose issues when it comes to helping support find if PPC has been applied? It should only really take 5 minutes to do in development and I think it's a good idea because the scoreboard is the first thing a player looks at when they buy a rank to see if it's activated yet.

This might not be immediately needed, but I think it's a good idea and I'd love to hear your feedback.
    Sorry, no fancy pictures or diagrams like in my previous suggestions. :c

-- Edit

PPC subscribers are dropping. How about we let PPC members change the colour of their star to whatever they want? That would give PPC another benefit and it wouldn't just follow the rank colour.

Posted Oct 28, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 30, 2019
    Makiz, iKylq, nolawn and 1 other person like this.
  2. Doesn't really seem necessary but yeah PPC has been slowly decreasing subs in the month of october (according to the PPC com) but it seems cool

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    MachoPiggies likes this.
  3. I agree we need to come up with ways to bring back interest. As a PPC member for most of 2017 and this month, I don't think a PPC event was ever hosted which is outlined in the benefits.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 28, 2019
    Xukuwu and SpitefulNick like this.
  4. I agree with this suggestion. While I haven't experienced being unsure whether a certain rank has been applied to my account, I think it would be a nice feature for PPC subscribers. It would also be easier to resolve purchase-related issues for support members. Although it is a minor feature, it would be helpful to indicate one's subscription to PPC on the scoreboard.

As for enabling PPC members to change the color of their stars, I am unsure if this would be a good feature to have. It would be fun to play around and show off certain colors, and it would make PPC more appealing for potential customers. However, it may make the chat look messy and unorganized, although some testing could be done to ensure that this wouldn't be a problem. There could be only a few options to prevent all kinds of colors from appearing in the chat. If messiness does not turn out to be a significant problem, then I would love to see this feature implemented and I'm sure it will make PPC a more enticing option.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    MachoPiggies likes this.

5. I do agree with you, it could make the chat messy. Something like colouring chat stars for PPC needs to be extensively tested in a real-time environment to match the actual chats. There are less PPC members on lobbies than high level players (such as level 100) and level 100 players can set their level colour to anything and that's messier in my eyes.

OP OP
    AceSJus likes this.
  6. I'm not opposed to the idea of adding this to the scoreboard. It seems like a quick way to see whether your transaction has been successful and whether you have received your items. Personally I used the forums to see whether I received my PPC. I could be very wrong on this, but I believe the default colour of the PPC star is the Eternal colour, and doesn't change with your rank. I'm almost certain that I saw a Trainee with PPC the other day and the colour did not match their tag which didn't really make much sense to me as the two colours do not go well together in my opinion. So if I were to suggest anything, it would be to match the PPC star to the rank colour (that is if what I saw was in fact correct). Any staff members or players that are not Eternal but have PPC can hopefully confirm this or tell me that I'm completely wrong.

Posted Oct 28, 2019

7. You are correct, I noticed a few hours ago and haven't updated the post. Thanks for your feedback!

OP OP
  8. Just don’t buy PPC, unless you are Bill Gates or something

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    MachoPiggies likes this.
  9. Yo!

I've had PPC for a month and I think it'll be cool to have this. It could nice for it to say PPC on the right side. But, of course, PPC is more like a side rank as you can tell with the star symbol next to your name. But, hopefully, it gets added and we'll see.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  10. I think this is a pretty neat and small idea that would help clear any confusion over PPC. Having it displayed alongside your rank in the lobby scoreboard would be a cool thing to have when having a minor flex in screenshots to just knowing when you've purchased or lost PPC.
    +1 from me!

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  11. Hey there,

I actually quite like this idea! While I don't totally see this as a way to confirm purchase (as there are already ways to do this), I do think it would be a nice little detail to add. Instead of a prefix or suffix that spells out "PPC", I believe it would be better to introduce the star that PPC members currently have beside their rank in chat. As it is, I really like the PPC star in chat, and adding the same star onto the scoreboard would be a nice touch.

I don't see the point in allowing players to change the colour of their PPC star, especially if it's just displayed on their own scoreboard. However, I wouldn't be opposed to having the star match the rank colour of the player.

Overall, I do think this would be a nice little detail to add! +1

edit: Edited my response because I thought this was suggesting adding a PPC rank to the tab list.

Posted Oct 28, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 28, 2019
    jxcb likes this.
  12. From my experience, I'd been using PPC last year, and I had fun using PPC cosmetics and features in-game. I also remember when I had a PPC forum tag and a unique color forums post too. I agree with the favor of PPC to the scoreboard system. I don't see what's wrong with the idea you have, and I'm fine with all PPC members. I agree with the scoreboard features. +1

Speaking about the PPC star, I disagree with the color customization because the chat will look messy. I don't feel like it should be needed along with the PPC scoreboard system. -1

Posted Oct 29, 2019
  13. I agree with this suggestion 100%

Posted Oct 29, 2019
  14. I'm just going to throw out an edit and remove suggestion where I suggested changing the star colour. I want this post more focused on the actual first idea over the other one and it was 5am when I wrote it so I oppose it too. I won't remove it, ill just strike through it.

For all you repliers, thank you for your feedback, I'll get back to you in your points soon, I'm in the car at the moment.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2019
  15. Hey!

PPC cosmetics are fun for a lot of players, this could be fun for many and we could actually enjoy your suggestion! I am in full support of your idea and I think that it is really cool and I hope one day it will be implemented into Mineplex!

Have a good day!

Posted Oct 29, 2019
  16. Yes! I love this idea. A lot. I don't see much of an issue with this and would really love to be able to change my star color. Having it match with the same color as Eternal is displeasing to my eye and having it as a different color would be amazing! I've seen players often turned off to buying eternal for this exact reason and sticking with Titan. I don't see this resulting in any conflicting or messy chats either and would really just help sales of PPC overall.

By the way, because you canceled your first idea you should definitely change the idea so that your new idea shows first. I was annoyed when I read through your entire post only to realize that wasn't the idea anymore.

+1 but please do what I just stated above

Posted Oct 29, 2019

17. Yeah, I didn't want it being anything too big in the Rank box in the scoreboard, just something for players to look at which doesn't cover the actual rank.

Yeah flex flex flex, maybe it would be a good addition for the Mineplex content creators too? Having that on the scoreboard will show their viewers that they have PPC and maybe encourage the viewers to get it too!

I need to change it as it was awful when looking over it, and it wasn't the main idea at all, it was just a side suggestion.

Little clarification
    Whilst the 2nd idea was a cosmetic benefit, the main and first idea is not. A cosmetic is something that's built to make a player look good in front of others, only the PPC player can see the '(PPC)' in the scoreboard thus making it not cosmetic and more general information. It's not a benefit, it's just there to indicate that you have PPC and/or are still actively subscribed. I've seen people calling it a cosmetic and don't want you getting the wrong impression.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 30, 2019
  18. Oh i thought you meant that the second idea was the main one. My bad

Posted Oct 30, 2019
    MachoPiggies likes this.
  19. Implemented​

Going to go ahead and mark this as Implemented since this exists in the new Immortal update. Since Immortal is its own rank, it now shows up on the scoreboard instead of only the symbol in chat. Anyway, sorry for the late response but feel free to create another thread if you have any other ideas.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    Jaek likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.