• 510 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3089 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Add POV back

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Annaby, Nov 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello. I would like to suggest adding POV back for spectators.
    I remember when spectators could right click on a player and spectate their point of view. I have suggested this to some people and we think it was really good. I personally like it because I can learn from other players how to be better at the game. We think it is useful and fun.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  2. +1

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Annaby likes this.
  3. I totally agree with you on this. When it used to be here, I thought it was really fun to be able to see how others are playing, what they are doing, where they are going, etc. It almost made it feel like you were back in the game, just not in control of it. I would love to be able to see this get put back into place.

The only thing that I can see people being somewhat upset about is the issue of ghosting and it could possibly become a larger issue. However, I really don't see that being an issue since ghosting, as it already is, is an offense but we physically can punish for it in voice-calls, so it really does not make that too much of a valid argument against adding this back in.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Annaby and Im_Ken like this.
  4. Definitely agree with you on this. To be honest, I was quite suprised when I found out that this feature got removed in the first place. It was very useful with very few disadvantages. I also found it quite cool to see gameplay through the view of other players. It was also very educating for me, as it taught me how to improve my gameplay style as well, in certain games. Overall, I would love to see this feature implemented again.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Annaby and saltyfishhy like this.
  5. Hey there!

I don't see many negatives for this ideas, and I think it would serve to be useful and fun for everyone that wants to use it. Good suggestion, and +1

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Annaby likes this.
  6. As @saltyfishhy said I can’t see any negative effects. Actually I think this is a great idea! This would be useful for spectators to see a players point of view! +1

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Annaby and saltyfishhy like this.
  7. +1 check above for reasons

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Annaby likes this.
  8. I'm not exactly sure why it was removed in the first place, but I suspect it was for good reason. Anyway, being able to enter the POV of an alive player created an immersive spectating experience. I would like to see it implemented as I'm sure it will be helpful for spectators who may be bored or for those who want to see how it's like fighting on a certain player's perspective. If the reason for the removal of this feature is not very significant, then I would love to see this come back to provide a better viewpoint for spectators.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Annaby and Abood like this.
  9. The other day I was randomly right-clicking players trying to get their POV and then started doing a little bit of searching to find out it was unfortunately removed. I would agree with returning it, I couldn't find out why it was removed in the first place but I see no reason for it to return. Due to the way Mineplex spectating works where you cannot see other spectators, adding POV would change nothing which means there's no negatives with returning it. Issues such as becoming invisible by using POV would be non-existent, again due to Mineplex's spectator system; so definitely a thumbs up from me for the suggestion!

EDIT: Seems like me and @AceSJus posted our reply at the exact same moment haha, sorry if I sounded like I was repeating anything.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Annaby likes this.
  10. +1 this was cool

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Annaby likes this.
  11. Hey there!

As everyone else has said, I do not know the reason that this was removed from the network. If there was a huge reason to remove it that I don't know of then of course it shouldn't be added back, but if there wasn't then I see no reason why it should stay removed. I personally didn't use it very often at all and found it somewhat annoying sometimes when I got stuck in that mode (basically sometimes when I got put into that mode I couldn't get out of it) but I understand that others enjoyed it and found usefulness out of it. Overall nothing much for me to say, as I don't mind whether or not this is added so I am neutral. Have a good day!

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Annaby likes this.
  12. Hey, I wasn't around as much when the POV spectator feature was in the game but I do remember a few distinct things about it. The first thing I recall experiencing was accidentally clicking on someone and going into their point of view, then being annoyed since I didn't want to do that. I also remember it being a bit wonky in the sense that it was too stable and moved a bit weirdly. I didn't like the feature or think it was necessary and I assume for that same reason the developers removed it from the game. On the other hand, I guess I could see some people getting used out of it like you said some people might improve their playstyle if they had this but I don't think so. You can really tell and get more from someone's playstyle if you just watch them from a third-person view. I wouldn't like to see this added back. -1.

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  13. This couldn't affect ghosting. I'm not fully sure what you wrote, but as far as my understanding of the rules is without in-game 100% sure /msg evidence, chat evidence, or voice call evidence, it can't be punished for. POV wouldn't really affect those 3, because you can chat all the same, vc all the same, etc. while in POV mode.

I really liked it, and it's sad it's gone. Good luck on your quest, hmu with a petition to sign ;)

- Fallen

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  14. Hey,

I don't know why this was removed but I used to use this feature regularly. I'd rather spectate inside someone and click to go to the next person rather than use my compass. I hope it can get added back. I don't know why it was removed, as I know there were no issues with it.

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  15. By the power invested in me by the shining bald bird, I give thee a +1

Posted Nov 24, 2019
    Korben likes this.
  16. Hi!

I like this idea. I don't know why it was removed in the first place, but it would be cool watching people fight. It would be boring if in a game if you died, and you had nothing to do but watch what happens from above. And it might help newer players to Minecraft see the techniques of others on how they PvP.

Have a great day/night!

Posted Nov 27, 2019
  17. Why do they remove such important features? This could help us track cheaters and hackers and give us better perspective on a player's movements. I'd be glad to hear why they removed it...

Posted Nov 27, 2019
    BH Outlaw likes this.
  18. I’d love to see this added back.
    I always thought it was fun to look at another person’s POV after I died. It provides a unique experience for the spectator. Also, it makes it easier because they don’t have to follow the person around. I think a lot of people were fond of the mode as well.

Nice idea overall. I don’t see any negatives in adding it back either

Posted Nov 28, 2019
  19. I would definitely want this feature back as I always thought it was fun to look through another player's POV. This is something we looked into in the past and is also something we're interested in bringing back, however, it isn't the biggest priority at the moment. Look out for it in a future QoL update though, and thanks for the suggestion.

Processed

Posted Feb 8, 2020
    Korben and jovanmunja like this.
  20. Ye I like this idea
    +1

Posted Feb 10, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.