• 2163 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2163 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Add Option to Select Least Favorite Nano Game

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by LJwX, Oct 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The title of the thread basically says all you need to know.
    I feel like a great addition to Nano Games could be a GUI you can open, and from the menu you can select 2 of your least favorite Nano Games, much like selecting your favorite 2 games.
    This would save players from constantly getting games that don't enjoy, and getting games that the players enjoy more. Of course the games will show up eventually, but it will show up less often if people deicide they aren't feeling a certain game.
    I'm open to feedback!

Posted Oct 19, 2020
    x_Fly91O8 likes this.
  2. yo,

I'm okay with a "Least Favorite" feature to be added, as long as it's not too powerful. Although I'm completely against the Vote Skip idea in Nano, this could be a decent alternative. As long as everyone has a chance to play their favorite Nano Game without it being a 1% chance due to everyone in the lobby having it as their "Least Favorite" Nano game, I'm okay with this being added.

My addon suggestion if this idea gets implemented is for this to only skip a game in the rotation if 75% of the lobby or higher doesn't enjoy the game. Even if 75% of the lobby has a game as "Least Favorite," it only decreases the chances of the game being played next as an alternative to completely skipping the game.

Thanks for the idea!
    ~~

Posted Oct 19, 2020
    x_Fly91O8 and LJwX like this.
  3. Yeah I agree, games shouldn't be completely blocked out and skipped all together. But a feature where it would decrease the chances of a game showing up would be awesome.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 19, 2020
    x_Fly91O8 likes this.
  4. I'm not too sure how I feel about this idea.
    Yes, there are games that most people don't particularly like in Nano Games, and I'm sure players would love to be able to possibly select which games they dislike so they pop up less. But what about the select few who actually enjoy those games? They'd be drawn away from Nano Games because their favorite game doesn't show up often anymore. It's best to keep those players in mind so they can have a positive experience as well.

Posted Oct 20, 2020
  5. I would love this idea but on Bedrock

Posted Oct 20, 2020
  6. I honestly didn't think of that fully, Nano wouldn't be too fun if everyone choose for my favorite games to show up less. To be fair, IF this system was implemented people would still be able to choose their favorite games so it would offset. Then the people who like the disliked games will still be able to choose which games they don't like. So in the end people will still be able to play the games they like, while still be able to see less of the games they don't like. I'm no game developer, and I honestly don't know if this is how the Nano game rotation works, but it's just a idea.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2020
    x_Fly91O8 likes this.
  7. Yo!

I don't agree with adding a least favorite system with Nano, rather any game. In Nano, we already have a system where players can pick up to three of their favorite games which has some effect in the decision of the next game in the Nano rotation for that lobby. Adding a way to choose your least favorite games does generally the same thing but decreases the chances of certain games showing up more which wouldn't be fair for those players who do enjoy the games you don't like. To be fair, if a game in Nano comes up that you don't like, either leave the lobby, afk the game, or just attempt to enjoy playing it!

Posted Oct 20, 2020
  8. I kinda eh'ed this so yes or no or yes and no

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  9. I am quite mixed on this idea. As stated multiple times before, there is already the option to pick a couple of your favorite NANO games. While adding a dislike system would be somewhat beneficial, it could limit players who do like that gamemode from playing it, which is not fair. Because of how NANO games is set up, with most games only lasting a minute to a couple of minutes, playing 1-2 games you don't like isn't a big deal, but making it so players who do like a game can't play that game wouldn't be fair to whatever percentage of the lobby does like the game.

The other reason I don't fully think this is necessary is that we already have so many ways for players to give feedback. If you truly don't like a game on NANO games, I would recommend discussing it in the Mineplex Community Center Discord, and if it gets some support, possibly officially suggesting a certain gamemode be removed. This of course won't guaruntee a gamemode is removed, but if it is clearly disliked by the community, it will most likely be considered. NANO already had 2 gamemodes removed with the last NANO games update, because the majority of the community did not like those games.

So while I can see some possible benefits from implementing a dislike feature in NANO games, there are too many downsides and better alternatives for suggesting change than this.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  10. I like this idea!

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  11. I also think having this feature implemented would not be the best idea, as I feel it would cause a decrease in the nano population due to the idea of a disliked game appearing less or not enough, and that would drive them away from playing nano all-together. If you don't like a game, it is easy to just leave the lobby and join another one, as Nano games are always going on and are on different games all the time. It also doesn't take too long for a game to end in Nano, and I feel as if adding a dislike functionality brings more bad than good. The favoriting feature does not really harm the outcome of how games appear, whereas a dislike feature would. Great suggestion, but I am against the idea!

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    x_Fly91O8, LJwX and Anna ♡ like this.
  12. The idea is cool, but I would hope it wouldn't have too much influence. If one person didn't like a game and put it least favorite yet everyone else likes it one would hope that wouldn't change too much.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  13. This idea is interesting in theory, but I have a few objections. The whole purpose of gamemodes like Nano and Mixed Arcade is for there to be something for everyone. If you took Bomb Lobbers away from Mixed Arcade, you'd be getting rid of the favorite game of hundreds of players. While some games are more popular than others, it is more important long-term to keep all games easily accessible so that there's something for everyone.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  14. Hello!

That feature is something which has been implemented in the recent Nano Games update which was released on 11th November. Now you are able to like and dislike games under Nether Star menu or if you will use /fav command up to 5 liked or disliked games. So, for right now, we will mark that idea as Implemented.

Thanks for submitting your idea!

- Idea Implemented! :tada:

Posted Nov 11, 2020
    x_Fly91O8 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.