• 3784 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11494 Players Online
  • 7710 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Add murder mistery

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by nadav1112, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Ok so everyone want this game its like hide and seek but harder this game is so good and everyone like it and if mineplex can change few codes and make this game diffrent from other server
    you have big chance to spawn as innocent
    you have small chance to be murder or detective
    detective spawn with bow or with sowrd and he have infinty arrows
    the murder spawn with sowrd he look like everyone and no one know hes murder he statrt kill peoples and hes mission to kill everyone
    the detective mission is to kill the murder
    and the innocent mission is to survive

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    boibary and FigPie like this.
  2. Hey! I know some other servers have this game and it would be a super cool addition to Mineplex. However, like you said, I think there would need to be some things that makes Mineplex’s murder mystery different and more exciting to differentiate itself from others. I don’t have a ton of ideas on how to make murder mystery a lot different without completely changing the objective of the game but adding power ups from coins would be a cool addition to just normal murder mystery. Additionally, maybe instead of innocents receiving a one-shot bow they could choose another one shot weapon such as a sword or crossbow. Maybe there could also be different styles, though i’m not completely sure how that would work. Overall love this idea! Thanks!! :D

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  3. I would really like to see a Murder Mystery added on Mineplex. There have been numerous threads made about it, and the main problems were specifically trying to stay away from other server’s ideas. If Mineplex found a way to make their Murder Mystery differ from other servers, that would be great! For a change, perhaps the innocents could get a bow each round to fight back. Maybe the Murderer could get a bow as well (to start with and just not have to earn it) or maybe another weapon like an axe. Voting would also be a good addition, say maybe players with ranks could vote for a role or just make everyone able to vote for a role and choose the Murder/Detective that way. Overall, I really would love if Mineplex added a Murder Mystery, as it’s one of my favorite games on other servers. +1 from me.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    boibary and Jaborrie like this.
  4. IMHO it would be far better if the server added some unique and original minigames rather than something already existing in other servers. +0 from me.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  5. I feel as if the games will not fill up quickly due to a lower player count. However, I could be wrong and this could be an amazing idea and increase the player count.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  6. I’ve personally always loved murder mystery and would be astonished to see it brought to my favorite server. I feel like it would bring a decent amount of players to the Mineplex Community. Numerous threads have been created regarding this, and most of the feedback is somewhat the same. People would like to see Mineplex devise a Murder Mystery, however they fear it will be copying other servers. Are they incorrect? No. Mineplex would be copying other servers by creating a Murder Mystery that is already present on multiple servers, however if they planned a Murder Mystery that was unique from others, then it wouldn’t be copying other servers.

Posted Feb 25, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 27, 2020
    boibary and Jaborrie like this.
  7. Other servers already have this game, but maybe it will increase the player count just like Cake Wars (also a copy of another game) is very popular.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    boibary likes this.
  8. Hey there, I currently grind Murder Mystery on a few servers. I know some other servers have this game and it would be a good addition to Mineplex, if the anticheat and plugins would work for once. The game would be a game of its own and would be at the front with games like Cake Wars and Master Builders. However, like you said, I think there would need to be some things that makes Mineplex’s murder mystery different to differentiate itself from other servers and their custom-made games. If you were to take Murder Mystery from say, Java's top server, you would be stealing and copying their game. Additionally, as said above by Unknitsun, maybe instead of innocents receiving a one-shot bow, they could receive a different item to fling at the accused. The bow or 'throwable' will be usable for either an infinite amount of times or a few times, depending on overall votes. Maybe there could also be different styles, though i’m not completely sure how that would work altogether. Overall I think this may boost the server's reputation. First the bugs will have to be fixed and then more implements should be made.

Posted Feb 25, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 25, 2020
  9. **( above ) Addition:
    *you have a high chance to spawn as an innocent ( depends on percentage )
    *you have a subpar chance to be murderer or detective ( by luck or chance - percentage )
    *detective spawns with bow and infinite arrows ( replaceitem 1 & 2 )
    *the murderer spawns with a sword, and no one knows he's the murderer until he is caught in the act, or called out on by a fellow innocent. His mission is to kill everyone
    *the detective's mission is to kill the murderer, and keep high alert for suspicious players
    *the innocents' mission is to survive and kill the murderer ( can pick up detective's bow )

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  10. Hey,

I agree with what most of the other players said above. If this game was implemented into the server it should be edited so it's not exactly the same as on other servers. There are a few ways that I think this could happen:

1) Introduce a new role that has another function in the game. I'm not sure what role, but the general idea would be to change the feel of the game and the way the game is played in comparison to other servers.

2) Make it so the detective can track the murderer. I was thinking perhaps after the murderer kills a player and runs off, the floor blocks would be changed (only for the detective) to, say, red clay blocks in the direction that the murderer runs off in. That would make it look like the player who died was bleeding, and then the murderer had blood on their feet as they ran away for a little while.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    boibary likes this.
  11. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing this added to the Mineplex network. Although, as said above, some people could say we are "copying" other servers from just implementing the idea and adding nothing to it. I feel like we should add a new role that can alter the game and possibly kits or anything added that can help benefit certain roles throughout the actual game.

This seems like I cool idea and I'd like to see it added if the game was to actually be made. Possibly ever 1min 30sec the game goes on, a random item would spawn, like a throwball. You would then be able to hit a player with the snowball and it could kill them.

Another idea towards the snowball thing is to see who takes damage from the snowball. When throwing the snowball at someone, if the player does not take damage, the player is innocent. If the snowball is thrown and the player does take damage, the player is either the Detective or Murderer. This is so it isn't a dead giveaway if the person is the murderer or not or if they are just the detective.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  12. Heyo!
    Personally I really like the game murder mystery and it would be cool to add it to Mineplex but the main problem is it has already been created on multiple other servers and Mineplex does not like to copy other games.
    I’ll be giving this idea a -1
    Have nice day!

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  13. Hey!
    This is a really cool idea to bring to Mineplex! Like others have stated we would need to change it up quite a bit to justify adding it to Mineplex, and to make sure we aren't copying a lot of any other servers. I don't really agree detective should have infinite arrows, because then he could just spam everyone until he find murderer and that's too simple. I like the idea of becoming an innocent being a high chance, and being the other roles a small chance (maybe 80% chance for innocent). I have some ideas that could give this game a bit of a Mineplex vibe. One idea I have is what if we have a backstory to it. For instance maybe the murderer can be calledSinister Sam (I made this name from Sam the slime). What if we had it where you have to pick up 10 slimebalms to gain a bow as an innocent. Those are some ideas I have currently! Overall pretty good idea and with some work I would love to see it added to the Mineplex network.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    Jaborrie, WowCaleb and xGetRektedx like this.
  14. The general idea is that, if the Detective shoots an innocent player, the Detective also dies. That stops the Detective from trying to kill innocent players (and be sure that they're killing the murderer), regardless of whether or not the Detective has 1 arrow every ~5 seconds or an infinite amount. In other words, the Detective having infinite arrows doesn't allow the Detective to have infinite chances to kill the Murderer as they can't actually just shoot every player in the lobby. The only thing that giving the Detective infinite arrows actually effects is what happens in 1v1 situations between the Detective and the Murderer - the Detective will have an easier time in a 1 on 1 fight as they don't instantly die if they miss a shot.

Posted Mar 1, 2020