• 994 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6989 Players Online
  • 5995 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Add More Usage For Gems (Bedrock)

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Ꮆ乇ㄒᐯ0丨ᗪ乇ᗪ, Jan 23, 2021.

?

Should Gems Have More Use?

1. Yes (State why)

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No (State why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. A while back @GuardianInASuit made a thread about a big Bedrock Update. While a lot of those ideas have been implemented, there’s is one that really caught me that hasn’t. It was something called a Gem Fountain, where if enough players donated to the Gem Fountain, it would amplify a certain game.

Since around level 45, I really don’t have any use for gems anymore, since I’ve bought every kit in every game I play, and I’m sure there’s a lot of other players out there with the same problem. I personally agree with Mineplex’s decision to not make it possible to donate gems to other players (Seen a couple threads on that matter), but we need more use for gems, like being able to buy cosmetics with gems (Just add in some new ones, the current ones are just fine in the way that you have to gain them). Crates are pretty good too, but after a while that just gets boring, especially if you have most cosmetics already.

So back to the Gem Fountain. It should require a decent amount of gems to amplify a game, and I’m sure every player with a good amount of gems would be happy to donate to the Fountain (Who doesn’t like Double XP?)

I’m open to suggestions or opinions, and be sure to point out any mistake you seem to see in this idea.

If someone could find it, could you please Guardian’s Bedrock Update Thread for other players to see? Thanks

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  2. I have mixed opinions on having a gem fountain on Bedrock. I am not sure if you know, but there was briefly a gem fountain on Java, which operated differently, but had the same basic concept. Any time this has been suggested to be brought back, it has been denied because of multiple problems, mainly bugs, dev time, and players losing interest after a couple weeks. But because this is for Bedrock, and a little different, I won't just say "it didn't work on Java, so it won't work on Bedrock", as they are separate platforms and can be quite different. I do still have the concern of the same issues arising, but I will focus the rest of my reply on the Bedrock specific.

The main problem I see with this, is too much double xp. Mineplex generally likes to limit double xp to very special events, like holidays, so it is an occasion when it happens. If the gem fountain could double xp, I assume it would easily be maxed out each week, as so many players have gems they don't need, and trading useless gems for xp would be a no-brainer for a lot of players. While this would be nice, it would most likely devalue xp and make it double xp less special.

My other problem is that it is somewhat too plain. Again, double xp is amazing, and I believe it would be maxed each week, but there is nothing special about it. What makes holiday events and even the java gem fountain special is/was the special gamemodes associated with double xp. Usually holiday events offer double xp, but also cool new and limited gamemodes, which add to the fun of double xp. The java gem fountain would also introduce special limited games, which made it fun.

So while I would love more ways to spend gems on Bedrock, I don't believe this would work, as the gem fountain has a bad history. Also, offering double xp so often would make xp too easy to obtain, and devalue xp. Maybe if it is something else I could see it working, but in the current form described, I just don't believe it would happen.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  3. Gems are definitely under used on the server. The only thing they are good for are kits. A gem fountain would definitely help make use of them, however there’s thousands of players that play on the server, and lots of those players have a decent amount of gems, which would then lead amplified games to be too common. I agree that gems should be used for other things, but it would be quite difficult to narrow down what we can and can’t use them for.

Posted Jan 26, 2021