• 2042 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10480 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

add leap kit to turfwars.

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Oggygaming, Sep 6, 2019.

1. The kit would basically be marksman kit with the ability to leap.

The leap ability would make dodging easier and also moving around the map in general easier.

Leap cooldown 5 seconds.

Price 3000 Gems.

Posted Sep 6, 2019
  2. Rather than add more kits, they should first edit the current kits, and i don't really think a leap is
    necessary so -1 for me.

Posted Sep 6, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  3. There's no reason for any new kits in Turf Wars as there are not only other concerns, but you can dodge arrows by trying to run towards the border. This will not only push you back, but take you up into the air as well which renders the leaper kit useless.

Posted Sep 6, 2019
  4. Hey!
    This is an interesting idea, however I don't believe that adding a leap ability in Turf Wars would work for this particular style of game.

Turf Wars is a game where aim is everything. Part of the Turf Wars experience is having to stand still to aim, making you a viable target for an opponent on the opposite side. I feel that adding a new leaper kit would take this guarantee of having a stationary player away from the game. This would make games last much longer than they currently do, calling into question Turf Wars spot under Mixed Arcade; a game rotation of smaller, quicker games.

I also feel that adding a leap would simply make rounds unfair since you would be able to leap over the block placing limits and shoot players from the air. Yes, I know that this is already a strategy with "Boarder Jumping" where a player will go up to the line and jump off it to get some air time, however this works because it lures players to that front line, making them easier to hit.

My final point is that I feel that Turf Wars is currently a well balanced game as it is. I feel that with the three existing kits (Marksman, Infiltrator & Shredder), that there's not many more areas where a new kit could have a team benefit. Marksman covers a team for damage, being a quick firing, one-hit class. Infiltrator covers melee, having an iron sword and tactical encircling. Shredder covers destruction of defense, having their bow do less damage, but a barrage effect destroying more blocks with one shot. I feel that the addition of a new kit could undo the balance that the current kits have.

Overall, it's an interesting idea, but I don't feel that Turf Wars is in need of a new kit at the moment. -1 from me.

Posted Sep 6, 2019
  5. Definitely edit the other kits. They don’t even do anything useful. The default is the best kit.

Posted Sep 14, 2019 at 1:26 PM
    Steven190 likes this.
  6. Hey there!

As others have stated, I do not believe a leaper kit is necessary for turf wars. There are not many things you would need to leap to, so the main use of this kit would be to evade attacks or bow shots from enemies. It is simple to do this with the wool you are given, and that is one of the main points of turf wars.

I feel as if adding a leap kit would take away from the originality of turf wars, in that attacks should be evading with tower building and defense, rather than running away with leaps. If this were to be implemented, as @Steven190 said above, an alteration would just be made to one of the current kits to include this ability of leap, rather than creating an entirely new kit. Not a bad idea, just not the most useful kit at the moment for turf wars in my opinion.

Thanks for reading! :)

Thread Moved to New Kit Discussion

Posted Sep 14, 2019 at 1:33 PM
    Steven190 and FruitVegetables like this.