• 659 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10274 Players Online
  • 9615 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

ADD HOUSING TO JAVA

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by TOASTY_TOAST, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Creative housing was an extremely fun gamemode where players would create whatever they want within a small plot. The only other server that has this gamemode is hypixel, but mineplex bedrock creative housing blows it out of the water due to having access to all blocks, inevitably leading to more creative and ambitious builds. The problem is theres huge glitch within creative housing the erases there plot involuntary. This is really annoying because players would not be able to continue what they were building and would be forced to start from scratch. Another issue is constant glitches including kicking you out of the plot randomly and even problems with naming the house. All of these issues are well know and have not been fixed for sometime now despite how many people bring it up and complain about it. I would say to fix the issue but that does not seem like it is going to happen at this rate. I think it would be more convenient to bring it over to the mineplex java server. Ive never understood why it wasnt added to java to begin with but i believe it would benefit all mineplex players.

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  2. Hey, while this is would sound like a pretty good idea, I don’t think this would be a good idea really. Mostly because it would spark a lot of attention to people that Mineplex is “copying” Hypixel and it’s probably not going to end right. Also, I wouldn’t think it’s a good idea myself because it wouldn’t really be unique and fun. Like, not much players really play it much on Bedrock compared to the other games there, so I don’t feel it would really serve much purpose on Java.

Also, I love Mineplex but with Housing, I don’t think it’ll last very long when it comes to people playing it. Mostly because people won’t end up playing it as often as you think, and especially because Mineplex’s player count won’t hold on to Housing for long.

Posted Feb 27, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 27, 2021
  3. Salutations, TOASTY_TOAST!

In spite of what Carebear said, I do have to agree with them on some valuable points. I believe that Housing is more suitable for younger audiences, hence why they might have released it to Bedrock only. But the idea did originate from another competitive Minecraft Server... so I also do believe that this could look bad for Mineplex.

I, myself love playing Housing because it's a more relaxed - non-competitive game. The idea of creating and designing your plot with friends is intriguing on its own. While I would love to see Housing come to the Java edition server, I don't believe that the player count will be able to sustain itself. At the moment, more PvP related gamemodes are the staple market of Minecraft Servers. In saying this, this is why I don't believe that Housing would flourish as much as we all expect.

With regards,
    FabianTuck

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  4. As fun as it would be to have Housing. Problems arise:

Hypixel made it popular (there were Housing servers before it, but most people aren't too aware of that), so it would be seen as copying.

The Java version of Mineplex isn't big enough to justify it; Hypixel is with 100,000+ a day. Most games on here are already hard to find filled up, I don't think Housing would be an exception/outlier.

Whilst there are differences that can be made to separate the two, I imagine it would get boring very quickly and would fizzle out; part of why Housing works on Hypixel so well is primarily because of it's insanely loyal fanbase that will play most games they put out, no matter how good or bad they are (Pit and Bedwars are good examples).

Mineplex, whilst it has its loyal playerbase, doesn't compare to Hypixel's in the slightest. That's why it held the #1 and #2 server place in the world.

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  5. Hey!

This is a great suggestion, but I will have to unfortunately agree with the players above for the reasons they have already listed. I do want to add though, Java is not really popular in the "building-genre", at least for Mineplex. Games like Master Builders don't get players at all too often, and Speed-Builders only gets traction because its quick. Introducing Housing would not work well at all with the rest of the Java gameset, and with all the time that would go into implementing it, I don't think it would be worth the development time. I feel as if the resources can be better applied elsewhere.

Thanks for your suggestion though!

Posted Feb 27, 2021
    Carebear likes this.
  6. Hey! This is a good idea in theory, although I don't know how well it would actually work on the Java platform and I'm in agreement with those who have responded above. From what I have noticed, the player base's between each platform are fairly different when you consider what is popular on one platform, isn't really popular on the other. Java is my main platform and the atmosphere surrounding the community on here is a lot more competitive in comparison to my experience on Bedrock. This explains why more PvP related games tend to be more popular and intriguing rather than games such as Creative Housing. With that said though, I could definitely see Creative Housing being a more relaxing place for those who aren't completely involved with PvP related games and could actual be beneficial on the Java platform since it would be something new for people to experience. Though, there could be some popularity issues if you consider the difference between the player base of Java and Bedrock. Bedrock tends to have a higher player count in comparison to Java, so in the event Creative Housing was added to the Java platform, I don't know how popular it would actually be, nor how well it would hold attraction.

In the event it were to ever be added, it'd be a nice addition if there were some twists with the game-mode that could make it more interesting without taking away from the original game. I'm not sure what could be added to this in regard to game alterations, so I'd love to see if people have some ideas on ways to maybe alter Creative Housing to make it better suited for the Java platform. Regardless though, I hope some more people express their opinions on this, since it is the first time I have actually seen this suggestion before.

Posted Feb 27, 2021
    Carebear likes this.
  7. Hey there Toasty!

Thank you for taking the time to make this thread and suggest this idea! After reading the extensive amount of feedback provided above from several other players, I unfortunately am going to disagree with this idea as well. I feel that all of the players above have made very valuable points within their responses that are worth considering in regards to this idea suggestion. In my personal opinion, I feel that one of my biggest reasons in disagreeing with this idea lies in the fact that Housing has always been something more unique that suits the Bedrock Platform better. In addition, as suggested by others above, I would certainly have to agree that our Java Platform is far more PvP driven and competitive in comparison to Bedrock. With Java being my main platform as well, I can confirm that the point made by @S1KH was very accurate- The current building based game modes on Java unfortunately don't get enough attraction as it is. Speed Builders does meet the exception however because it's more fast paced game, as suggested by Sick in his response. With that being said, if Housing were added to Java, I again, don't personally don't think it would be as popular as it is on Bedrock. With the game being unpopular and unable to sustain a stable player base, I think it would unfortunately be removed due to a lack of popularity in the end. I do appreciate this idea suggestion, and I do agree that it would be a nice addition for those who do like to mellow out and just build as @aiirr has suggested above. However, I unfortunately just don't foresee many Java players taking potential interest in housing compared to the much more mainstream games featured on Java. Thank you again for taking the time to make this suggestion! <3

Posted Feb 28, 2021