• 4048 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14442 Players Online
  • 10394 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Add Golden Apples to survival games

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Dacked, Mar 25, 2020.

?

Should you be able to craft Golden Apples in SG?

1. Yes, If so why?

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No, If so why?

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Hey!

I am sitting here on my bed and was thinking of a pretty good idea that could be implemented into survival games. I was talking to a moderator earlier today and they told me that golden apples were disabled in Survival Games. I get a lot of apples in survival games and was thinking about crafting golden apples. However, gold isn't a very common, nor uncommon spawn, it is right in the middle. Players aren't going to use gold for golden armor, so why don't we put gold to some use. I was thinking that if the gold rate was increased a little bit, and golden apples were to be added to survival games I think it would be a good idea. Golden apples give you a pretty big advantage in a fight with the regeneration 2 and absorption hearts, but if they're hard to get I don't see the issue. The hard part in crafting this item would be to gather 8 gold from across the map. That is where my point of upping the spawn rate of gold could be a little handy. Let me know what you guys think!

This is just an idea I thought of!
    Have a good day!

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  2. I'm going to be honest, I really do not agree with adding them in. SG, in my opinion, is pretty balanced now after the update we had just a few days ago, and I think that adding in Golden Apples would make it really uneven basically luck would basically let players win a lot more than it currently does at the moment. Even if they are pretty hard to get, I don't see it being a good addition to the game. With how the game mechanics work, I don't think that its meant to be for this game, since Golden Apples are more for OP games or toward the end of a game when everyone has diamond gear like in Cakewars.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  3. I am going to have to agree with @jxcb here. Adding gapples in SG would completely alter the gameplay of SG, and could even increase the duration of pvp fights, therefore increasing the game duration of SG. Making golden apples more accessible would eventually turn the game mode into more of a UHC game mode with regeneration, or gladiators with loot. Someone made a suggestion about decreasing the amount of emeralds required to get gapples in CW, and I made the same reason as for this idea. I think SG is perfectly fine in terms of the materials it offers in chests, and should be kept that way. As with kits, that is a different story, but I think the gameplay of SG is overall fine to keep for the meantime. SG is meant to have that sort of gameplay without gapples, otherwise it just turns into a different game mode of pvp. Otherwise, nice thread, and can't wait to see what others hav etc say regarding this idea.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    wattywatty14 likes this.
  4. It was just an idea, wanted to see what other people thought. Thank you for your response!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 25, 2020
    wattywatty14 likes this.
  5. dear lord please no

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  6. Add Regeneration II after each kill so you don’t get cleaned?

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  7. Golden apples should not be enabled in Survival Games. They would be an annoying healing source to deal with, prolonging games and being more suitable for OP games. When OP games were here last Christmas, Survival Games had golden apples because it is higher-tiered. Moreover, you need 8 gold ingots to craft a golden apple, leading to a higher spawn rate of them. If you did not know before, golden swords do the same damage as iron. Again, this is making regular SG OP because of the abundance of high-tiered weapons.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Dacked likes this.
  8. Hey!

I don't agree with this. Golden Apples should not be allowed in SG. It would just have another way of easily healing and winning a fight/game. Plus there is already something that heals you quickly in the game so I don't think we need another one. In my opinion, golden apples should only be in games that normally take a while to finish (Bridges) or you can respawn in (Cake Wars). Golden apples would just not work with SG, the game is fine how it is now in that situation.

Overall, I do see why people would want it but I really don't think it fits how SG is played out. Anyways, I give this a -1.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. -1
    There are already soups, so you don't slow down when trying to get Regen, which I think is a fair trade off. I think gapples would just be too OP and hard to balance in general, so adding them in would just upset people. You already have soups, so that's fine enough.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  10. Thanks for your input!

OP OP
    _Prof_ likes this.
  11. Hey,

I'm also going to disagree with implementing this idea. Whilst I'm not opposed to the regeneration that golden apples give (as soups already do that), I am opposed to the absorption hearts that a player would gain from eating a golden apple. Having an additional 2 hearts in a fight on top of regeneration is a huge advantage in a fight (even against someone with more gear than you) and it's not necessary to implement this kind of advantage.

Soups were implemented likely for the purpose of replacing golden apples in a way that's less overpowered, so I personally doubt there will ever be an intent to implement golden apples into SG anyway.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Dacked likes this.
  12. Thanks for your input! Was just wondering what other people would think!

OP OP
    Grandmaster likes this.