• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Add Enchant

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Lcgaming, Dec 18, 2019.

?

Should knockback and punch be added

1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

68.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Can we please add knockback and punch to the enchants in cake wars. I know knockback diamond swords spawn on the islands. The price for it though should be like 20 nether stars because of how op it is.

Posted Dec 18, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 20, 2019
    brandon3074 likes this.
  2. These enchantments already exist in the Cake Islands that spawn periodically throughout the game. I'm pretty adamantly opposed to making these more accessible though because they both will be extremely powerful. They're fun to use, but they're currently limited to only having a chance of spawning on Cake Islands due to how powerful they would be if every person had access to it. Not only would even the 3x3 platforms be extremely unsafe and ruin the point of really going Builder for most players due to how easy it would be to kill them anyways, but it'd making bridging as a whole extremely dangerous and encourage a much more passive gameplay once a team unlocks it. The same sort of thing would happen if everyone had knockback swords because fighting would be avoided a lot considering one lucky hit has the possibility to fling you right off the edge even if you were at a pretty safe distance from the edge. This overall would make gameplay much slower, and I'm opposed to that.

Posted Dec 18, 2019
  3. I would say yes to this, as I definitely think it would be nice. However, as you said due to it's extreme power, I would have to say just like you that it'd have to have an extreme price. 25 Nether Stars should do it.
    Thanks for sharing!
    1+

Posted Dec 18, 2019
  4. Hey!

I really like this idea and, as a cake war player, I would really like seeing this added. I suggest maybe lowering the price to maybe 15 nether stars. I mean it’s powerful but you could get a lot of things for 20 nether stars and, to be honest, I’m not sure I would spend 20 on knockback 1; however, I haven’t really come across knockback swords too much so I don’t really know exactly how powerful it is.

Great Idea!
    ~Nick

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  5. to be honest kb swords are sorta powerful when you have a sweat fighting you and you gotta knock em off

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  6. I know they are on the islands. But as I said they would be extremely expensive to buy.
    --- Post updated ---
    You could do it where it would be a level three Enchant. So you have sharpness one and two, and then you have kb for the third for 20 nether stars. Same on the power.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 20, 2019
  7. I don't think this should be added. Cakewars does need some pvp skill, and if you add the knockback and punch in particular, pvp will definitely become more unpredictable, luck-based and frustrating. Especially as you proposed for it to be very expensive, it can decide fights after cake rot; the best players should win, not whoever gets lucky. Losing like that would suck, and I feel like there's not much point adding it anyway, if its only for the late game.

Posted Dec 20, 2019
  8. I feel as though any more tiers above two is sort of unnecessary and would actually end up hurting players rather than benefiting them. The more options that are given to the powerful teams that control middle, the less power every other team has against them and the more likely it is that there'd be no way to have an underdog situation. Even right now, normal diamond armor and a diamond sword against a sharp II and prot II person with the same gear is like night and day. Considering it isn't necessarily hard for a good team to control middle in any given game, this would only benefit the super powerful players to the dismay of the average one.

Posted Dec 20, 2019
    xSusieLove likes this.
  9. Hi there!

I have to agree with rqil on this one.

As he said these are already available on the cake islands and it should stay that way. Knockback is just way to powerful alone and when you put frosting into this situation it's almost impossible to beat it, once someone lands a snowball on you and 1 hit and you're 5 blocks away from them. Also as rqil stated this would decrease the kit of builder as most people wouldn't use there 3x3 platforms because it would just be to unsafe for anyone to walk on bridges. This could also make games go slower, this could make the games go slower by people hitting someone with knockback and shooting them far far away in an intense 1v1 battle and they'd have the chance to run or escape therefore leading the game on either further. I also believe this shouldn't be implemented as this encourages people to access the cake islands more because their is that small chance that a knockback sword is in there. Even if the pricing is 20-25 nether stars that would honestly just hurt the players even more and yet again lead the game on even longer as most players would sit at there base waiting to stock up on Sharpness I and II then go all the way for knockback 1 and 2. I don't believe most players would enjoy this idea as simply as knockback is just to powerful.

Moving on from knockback let's go onto punch. I don't believe punch should be added either as punch is an amazing enchant as it can send players flying! For someone to simply just purchase bow especially with full durability is crazy. This would further increase people to buy bows and arrows and then make people want to wait longer at there island to not just buy knockback but also buy punch. Someone having knockback and Punch at the same time is just crazy because if someone was to hit you with knockback then shoot you with punch you'd go so far back and most likely off the map and I believe this would trigger a lot of people.

After all I've stated I'm going to be giving this a -1 Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Dec 24, 2019
  10. Okay, first of all I play on bedrock so I don't have to worry about frosting
    Second of all. You are right on the punch . I still thin we need knockback.

Third of all if your have problems with the PvP aspect you have something wrong with you.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 27, 2019
  11. You could have put this suggestion under the bedrock section.

Pvp is an important part of cakewars, and I want it to stay that way, definitely shows I have something wrong with me. :)

Posted Dec 29, 2019
  12. Hi!

I have to agree with rqil.

If this was added, pvp on bridges and other places that you are close to void will be avoided a lot. One hit, and you can go off the edge and die. Yes 20 Nether Stars may seem expensive, but people can sit on the generator with the middle point capture, and get the generator upgrade where you get x2 amount of bricks, emeralds, and nether stars. Then they can easily get the Knockback and Punch. It would make gameplay more frustrating because everyone would get flung off the edge. People can also save Nether Stars in their chests for the knockback and punch.

Overall, I don’t see this being implemented.
    Have a good day/night!

Posted Dec 29, 2019
  13. They should add knockback sticks that cost 15 emeralds

Posted Dec 30, 2019