• 1578 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8865 Players Online
  • 7287 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Add Developer Descriptions to mineplex.com/staff

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Danese, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,

So this is a pretty straight forward idea.
    On Mineplex.com/staff, give each Developer a brief description of what they develop for the Network.
    As an example:
    [​IMG]

-Dan

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  2. Yeah, I definitely agree. It would be nice to have this, and it could even work with Owners, Leaders and Admins. But yeah, this would definitely be cool to have. +1.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Danese and PS1 like this.
  3. Hey!

Your idea has some merit, but I feel as if it would unnecessarily clog up the page and it looks good as is. Instead, I think it would be better to have their job description show up under their profile, like so:

[​IMG]

This way, it would not be cluttered, and still achieve the idea you wish to see implemented. Thanks for your suggestion though!

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  4. Could be good, yeah, but I agree with @S1KH that it looks good on the little subhead for their profile, especially with that text also appearing in the popup when you click on that.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Danese likes this.
  5. Hey! I agree with your idea, however this could look a little disorganized and not as 'clean'. @S1KH's idea is a fantastic alternative to your suggestion and will still make it so everyone is aware of their developer position without sacrificing the nice look of the current staff page. Regardless, I still find your idea great and it would be very helpful for players and staff to learn more about each developer's role. Have a nice day!

- Lucas

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Fusafez and Danese like this.
  6. I feel like your idea has potential but only really if the staff list was restructured, as said above it could cause disorganisation and remove the clean reputation the website upholds. Maybe if it wasn't just the developers and if all administrators, leaders, developers and owners all had something like this to clarify what they specifically do on the network.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Danese likes this.
  7. I agree with @S1KH. It would clutter up the staff page. It would look clean if it was on their forums profile.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Danese likes this.
  8. Yes, 100%! The only real thing I wish to be achieved is for there to be some way for users to learn more about what specific Admins' and Developers' roles are on the Network with relative ease.

Like, I know what a lot of our Admins' and Developers' and other staff members' roles are; however, I feel that there are a lot of areas that are just kinda "fuzzy," especially for the average player. And it would be great to be able to go to the staff page to learn more about the responsibilities of each of these individuals, as well as the other areas that the Network's staff teams work in.

Also, while we're on the topic, an easier way to view the sub-team descriptions would be nice. Maybe a button under "players" that says "staff teams" and another that says "sub-teams" just so it's super easy to find those? Or perhaps add a button under "Players" that redirects to mineplex.com/staff, with the two buttons I just mentioned on that page itself?

Right now, if you want to learn about the sub-teams users are on (the ones that give them badges), you have either a. find a user with a badge, click the badge, and then click "view all sub-teams" or b. go to mineplex.com/subteams (which I'm not too sure is all that obvious to other users- I didn't even know that link existed until relatively recently).

-Dan

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2021
    Fusafez and Amg like this.
  9. I definitely agree with your idea, and I think it would be great if implemented in the way I proposed. To follow with your other idea, I think adding a link to the bottom footer, or implementing your proposed idea of putting it under the Players section in the nav bar is an excellent idea, as I am sure that there are others like you that are not aware of the https://www.mineplex.com/subteams link.

Great quality of life changes you're proposing, would love to see them implemented on the website.

Posted Jan 6, 2021
    Fusafez, Danese and Amg like this.
  10. Hey Dan!

As I was reading this thread, I thought that you and many others had very excellent points in regards to this suggested idea.

First and foremost, I think that this idea is a great QoL idea for the website and it would overall benefit the general knowledge of the community. I initially agreed with the original format of the description going directly under the Developer’s name on the staff list, but I felt that @S1KH ’s alternative was overall a more organized approach. I feel that it would especially work better this way because as @thefrogkid mentioned, the pop up displays that information too.

Adding on to why I like this idea suggestion so much, I like the intent of your idea. It is to generally expand the communities knowledge by adding developers individual responsibilities to their profile. (Ex. As you mentioned earlier in the beginning of the thread, “What does this Developer code for the network,” or “Which specific part of the Network?”)

I most certainly agree! I feel that the general knowledge of what each developer does can be “fuzzy,” in the eyes of an average player. By implementing your suggested idea, I feel that it can clear confusion and educate players on what each individual developer is responsible for on the network.

I agree with this idea 100%. I would like to see an easier way to access the sub-teams page. As Sick suggested, I think it would fit well as a footer at the bottom of the page under “Extras.” I didn’t know about the link Mineplex.com/subteams for a while and think adding at the bottom of the page would be a great QoL website update.

Overall, I thought the discussion in this thread was very well conducted and I would love to see all of the ideas in this thread implemented. Seeing these types of ideas make me super excited, but maybe that’s just because I’m a forums nerd LOL. +1

Posted Jan 6, 2021
    Danese and Fusafez like this.
  11. We won't be adding this unfortunately. If the devs decide they want to share what they do for the server they can put it as their title and you can simply click on them to see what they do in the pop-up. If the entire Dev team decides they want to share what they do like you stated above, we will then look into adding it, but since that hasn't happened and we find it unnecessary to do right now, this will be marked as not planned.

Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    Im_Ken and whalker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.