• 543 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8981 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Add Castle Siege to bedrock

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by LordOfTeeth, Sep 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Since bedrock is more populated than java, castle siege could possibly be added.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  2. I love this idea! I once played Java and I found Castle Siege very enjoyable ^-^

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  3. Heyo!

Great idea you've came up with here, I personally think it would be very cool to see this implemented on Bedrock, however I think adding the game itself would be the difficult part of this. I am not a developer or anything, but this game seems somewhat difficult to implement on Castle Siege. Not only that, but the game would be most likely very confusing to new Minecraft players, or just console players in general. I don't play Bedrock too much, but if these things were able to be bypassed, I think it would be a cool idea. I'll leave this at a +0.5 for now, have a good day!

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  4. Thread Moved to Bedrock Ideas

It would be quite interesting to see how this idea turns out on Bedrock. First, player count likely won't be a big problem as the platform has several times more players. I think many young players will enjoy this classic game since it was mostly well-received by the Java community. I can imagine myself as well as a hundred others spending time and creating fond memories through this game, which is something I miss about Castle Siege. I do not have any problems with this idea and would love to see it become implemented on Bedrock.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    LordOfTeeth and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  5. This might be a bit hard to add but it is still less complex than SSM or Champions. The only "skill" is the pig mans leap (on java you right click to do this with an axe) however this could be changed to a separate item like how super jumping is in the lobby.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 28, 2019
  6. If the past is any indication of the future, this likely won't be added to the Bedrock server I'm afraid. Generally, decisions have been made for both servers, like removing specific mini-games and only having them available in the Mixed Arcade. Since Castle Siege died off on the Java server, it would be risky to try to implement it on the Bedrock server in case the same were to happen. It would be development wasted and I'm not sure the Leadership team is wanting to take that risk. I personally don't have any specific objections to the game coming to Bedrock, but I just don't believe that from a business perspective it would be the smartest move. I think it would be better to continue to implement more of the popular Java games and then create brand new ones for players to enjoy.

Posted Sep 28, 2019
  7. Personally, I don't play Bedrock or just Castle Siege. However, it might not be the worst idea considering how many players play on Bedrock. But, I don't really think that Mineplex is going to add a game on Bedrock, especially if they removed it from the Java Mineplex. I think that if Mineplex were to add a game on Bedrock, I would add a game that usually gets a good amount of players (or a game that is favorited by many).

Posted Sep 28, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 28, 2019
  8. Unfortunately from a business perspective, I cannot see this happening. Virtually everything removed from the servers is due to no usage, no interaction or player base. The developers most likely are against adding these features back because doing so could be a potential misdirect of work and priorities. The only thing removed that I’ve seen be re-added was the tree in the hub lobby. This was because it wouldn’t impact the population of the server- virtually there are no negatives and would please the server. Deciding what games to keep up on the server are a difficult task. Every game has its fans, and no one likes to see their game removed. However, considering the risk that always comes with adding a removed game, it most likely is not in developer interests.

Posted Sep 28, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  9. This feels like an unfair addition. Castle Siege was so fun on Java and as a Java player, having to play it on Bedrock would be an absolute nightmare, because the mechanics of bedrock are so different. If they would add it back, it would probably need to be on Java and Bedrock at the same time.

Posted Sep 28, 2019
  10. *cough* death tag *cough*

Posted Oct 2, 2019