• 1273 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3852 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Add bomb Lobbers

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by nadav1112, Nov 16, 2019.

?

Add bomb lobbers?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Hi so I think you need to add bomb lobbers back to the game so more people’s back to Mineplex cuz bomb lobbers was arcade game and it was really fun and I love it

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  2. Hey!
    So, this is an interesting one... Personally, I liked the Bomb Lobbers game, but it wasn't my go-to game. I understand the thrill other players felt from this game, however, as it was very unique.

Interesting post, and again, I look forward to what people put on this thread!!

Posted Nov 16, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 16, 2019
  3. Bomb lobbers is in mixed arcade.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
    Wrappingz and Danese like this.
  4. I don’t think it will be an active game with lots of people in it, because the server doesn’t have nearly as much people as it did previously.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  5. Hey!
    @little_dude_9000 my bad! You're correct, it is in the Mixed Arcade as of now.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  6. Ye but no everyone know cuz no everyone play mixed arcade

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2019
  7. I want the xp c;

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  8. Bomb Lobbers does start from time to time since people make huge parties to make games start. However, I would be down with them making one of those station things in the lobbies so more people queue for it.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  9. I think it’s not hard to make Mineplex alive again just Mineplex need to update and out new games

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2019
  10. Hey!

Bomb Lobbers is still playable via the Mixed Arcade rotation, via an MPS or on it's individual game server (BL-#). I find the best method of playing a game of Bomb Lobbers is to wait for it to come up in the Mixed Arcade rotation which generally doesn't take too long. I know how much of a fun game BL is, I have around 1000 wins in it, and it's the game I used to play a lot going back a few years ago. I also enjoy playing it in my MPS as I can choose the map and have some fun with my friends. You can also click the Mixed Arcade jukebox on the compass and you will see all of the Mixed Arcade games pop up, you will then see an option for Bomb Lobbers (note this takes you to the individual BL server and not the rotation). So although it may have lost popularity, it's still possible to play on Mineplex! As a suggestion in attempt to make the games fill up faster, I would like to see some better advertising for it so that players know where to play it individually, I think that could help games start faster.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  11. The people responsable for updates and new games are the developers. They are over worked and understaffed so mineplex still is coming out with stuff, just very, very, very slowly.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  12. As people have stated above bomb lobbers is still available in mixed arcade. I would interpret your suggestion to mean that you would want bomb lobbers to return as a stand-alone gone so that it is more widely available rather than being a part of mixed arcade. I'm going to have to disagree with this, there is a reason bomb lobbers is part of mixed arcade and that reason would be that the game is not as popular as you might think. I personally as well as others in this thread enjoy bomb lobbers and love to see it more active, however, most of the players on the server are not active on the forums and would not chip in to tell you that they don't like bomb lobbers and wouldn't play it as much over time. The popularity of a game is a huge factor and one that decides how much attention a game should receive from the development team and what its fate is so, unfortunately, I do not believe that bomb lobbers will return to a stand-alone game but I haven't lost hope for the future maybe!

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  13. Bomb lobbers removal wasn't one that the higher ups decided straight away. The update that saw the the removal of this game and many others was well thought out beforehand and the decision to remove those dedicated servers was ultimately made to better the network. From a player perspective, I can understand why you may be frustrated with the outcome especially if you enjoyed playing the game and you may not understand how such decision could be seen to "better the network". However, what you must remember is that Mineplex is and always will be a business whilst the network is still running. Personally, when you step back and look at it from their point of view (a business perspective), things make much more sense.

Reasons for this update from their perspective were:

- Allowed them to decrease the amount of NPCs in lobbies, making the format more user-friendly and less confusing than what it had been in the past.

- The amount of games beforehand matched with development resources caused difficulty in producing high quality updates for every game and ultimately making the community unhappy because of this. Therefore, limiting the amount of games allowed for higher quality updates to the remaining games.

- The games removed were unpopular and the lobbies for said games were not filling up causing them to be unused. Hosting these lobbies costs money and because players were very rarely playing those games, there was a net-loss for the network. Now that the money isn't going into unused lobbies, that money can now be put towards updates for games that do get high player counts as well as any other project that they might decide to work on.

To sum it up, bringing any game removed in this update back in their own dedicated servers wouldn't help at all. Quite frankly the network would be backtracking if they done this. By this I mean, there would be more NPCs in the lobby once again defeating the whole purpose of making it less confusing and more user-friendly for their players. It would put the development side of things into a struggle to push good quality updates and there's no evidence that the dedicated servers would fill up meaning money could possibly go to waste again. So then what was the point in the update in the first place if this was to happen?

There is a lot more that goes into it than just "update and push out new games".

Posted Nov 16, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 16, 2019
  14. Yo!

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this idea. Lucky for you, Bomb Lobbers can be played in three different ways on the network, being in Mixed Arcade, Bomb Lobbers servers, and can be played in MPS. Since Bomb Lobbers already exists on the network and was never removed, I'll be applying the "Processed" tag, but leave the thread open for discussion on any changes you'd like to make to the game or any changes to how it can be played.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  15. No I think no one know about bomb lobbers and you need to make bomb lobbers npc

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 19, 2019
  16. Ugh yes I love bomb lobbers. Favorite game by far. Miss it!!!

Posted Dec 13, 2019 at 1:35 AM
  17. Congrats!
    Your Idea was processed.

Posted Dec 13, 2019 at 2:33 AM
  18. If your suggestion is to bring Bomb Lobbers back with its own individual portal, I disagree. The game was removed for a reason: low player count. As unfortunate as it is, the situation that caused this in the first place hasn’t changed. Mineplex still struggled to get players to engage in even their more popular games, which means if we fully bring back a somewhat less-popular game than chances have it that the game will struggle to get players or start. There are only a few arcade games that can start despite all the player count issues. Also, Bomb Lobbers is available in a multitude of places, and adding it back to the hub takes up valuable space. People can still play Bomb Lobbers even in its own server.

Posted Dec 13, 2019 at 7:04 AM