• 1857 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6317 Players Online
  • 4460 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Add an invisibility+blindness kit (DO NOT N-O-T MOVE THIS) for Cake Wars.

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf, Apr 18, 2019.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes!

11.1%
  2. No!

88.9%
  1. The cost will be decided by the people who decide to implement this kit.

But anyways this is the abilities

Temporal Invisibility - You have invisibility but here’s the thing - But it ain’t foolproof.

If you hit an enemy, or if you are 20 blocks away from an enemy base, or if you capture any points, it’ll expose you. I’ll put it in op. When you don’t meet these conditions, you are invisible.

I’m making a new thread since it was majorly updated ever since the beginning of the thread was majorly updated.

Posted Apr 18, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 21, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  2. This doesn't seem balanced. It was suggested before and received little support for being too overpowered. You can find the thread here. Invisibility, in my opinion, is a little too much for something in Cake Wars. I think it would either be way too overpowered or be useless if balanced out. -1

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  3. Okay, It WON'T be foolproof, so if you are on someone's base, the invisibility goes away. Also, the person who made that post never requested for blindness, and they never requested for cool downs with it.

Also, what about blindness? State your opinion about blindness.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 18, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  4. Blindness is already given as a trap, so it would be redundant to add a kit with this ability.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  5. I don't think invisibility or blindness works with cakewars. Generally, it would confuse new players and those two abilities are really unpredictable. Cakewars is strategic and something that makes skill drastically less important (and luck more), won't work with how the game is meant to be played.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  6. I think the current kits fit Cake Wars very well, giving their own set of abilities that are still balanced to fit the game. Some of the kits I've seen suggested lately seem unfit for Cake Wars as they would either be too Overpowered or ruin the strategy of the game. Invisibility I would say definitely no to, since you would never be able to notice if they are going towards your cake unless you have someone at your base 24/7 to watch for blocks being broken. As said before by @Jaekub, blindness is already a trap so I don't really think this would be useful either.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  7. I know ur talking about the bear trap, that is ONLY Java + Invisibility has a pattern, 1 minute 1 minute, + its not foolproof cause if ur at someone's base, you will be visible.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ur talking about the Java Bear Trap. That is Java, and I want it for bedrock, besides, the Blindness Sword, it can attack anyone (besides your teammates) anytime, anywhere. The bear trap is only available when someone tries to eat your cake, at your base, when they attack.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 18, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 18, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  8. Okay, but still no one would be able to tell you were coming making this an unbalanced kit.
    This is again, OP. I understand you want this for Bedrock but it would still be overpowered if you could cripple enemies sight at will because you bought a kit.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
    senseimilla likes this.
  9. K, so the blindness only lasts 10 seconds, and any damage inflicted on the victim will be nerfed by 1/2, this is mainly for if someone's on a bridge + now, if you are on a bridge way to the enemy base, you'll be visible. So, this includes emerald point bridges too! So mainly, if you are 20 blocks away from a players base, you'll lose invisibility!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 18, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  10. Hiya!

Invisibility is way to over powering in Cake Wars and would basically let any player with this kit win which isn't fair. There are too many flaws in this kit that couldn't be improved unless you changed the whole kit. I suggest you read XSusieLove's and SkarmMines comment because they the best reasonings in my opinon. Please take deep thought into posting kits and take time with them because they will be considered. I've seen you post multiple kit options in the past couple days and it seems you haven't put any thought into them, correct me if I'm wrong please. I just think you should think about the kits realistically and what's too over powering and what's not, I know you'll be able to make a great kit once you put the constructive critism into play and take time. (: I wish you the best of luck but sorry, -1.

Posted Apr 18, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 18, 2019
    senseimilla and _Azury like this.
  11. I can see where you're coming from, but this idea wouldn't mix well with Cake Wars. We have enough issues as is with the ongoing discussions about Frosting being too overpowered [even if this idea is for Bedrock], and with the addition of a kit like this, Frosting wouldn't even be an issue, to put it lightly. The way you're puting it makes it seem like it has a huge upperhand against the other kits, and honestly it doesn't mix well with the kits that are already available. For instance, if you're at mid and you're fighting someone, it'll be very difficult and unfair for them to fight you if you're invisible. Obviously you'll land hits more easily since you can lock on your target, but they won't even be able to see you. Additionally, blindness just adds another extremely overpowered perk to your kit that I believe is self explanatory. Each kit has a purpose/role in the game: Archer is defensive, Builder is mobility, Warrior is offensive and Frosting (on Java) is mainly used in 1v1 fights which is useful for capturing beacons. That being said, we already have kits for almost any kind of strategy you could use in Cake Wars. It'd definitely be interesting to see a new kit that could bring a new perspective when it comes to gameplay, but the abilities that this kit would have would be very overwhelming. Because of that, I'm going to have to disagree with this idea.

Posted Apr 18, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 18, 2019
    senseimilla, _Azury and HeyItsTay_ like this.
  12. 10 seconds is a lot of time in a Cake Wars battle, and this would immensely cripple the opponent to the point that they could barely fight you.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  13. TBH I don’t really like the idea

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  14. I'm saying that this would be so wildly overpowered. As Jaekhub already said, you get blindness from bear traps, and 10 seconds of blindness is quite a lot.

Also, how can you implement it? You say something about decorating the sword in grey, how can that happen?

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  15. As some have said above I think that these kits are too overpowered and not good if balanced out. I also agree with the fact that the current kits suit cakewars very well for the time being.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    senseimilla likes this.
  16. For a number of reasons I don’t think this would work.

Firstly, there is already a trap in-game that gives blindness for a short period of time. This means that adding something else too similar would take away the impact and speciality from that trap. Apart from this, it would just be very, very hard to fight against, especially on a map like Cake Wars, which is full of thin bridges and huge void holes.

Also, there already has been lots of discussion to do with players hating the snowball kit and wanting it nerfed or removed altogether. Introducing another overpowered (I will explain how) kit would just make a lot of people really angry, in my opinion, as most people universally are against op kits.

This kit is op for a number of reasons, but first, being invisible for the first minute is very op, as you could make your way to someone’s base and eat their cake without anybody realising you were even there. Also, in PVP it would make the fight completely unbalanced, nor just for 1 vs 1 but for 1 vs 2 or 3, because you could simply turn and run and you would know where they went. If it was the end of the game, and there’s just one person left, it would drag the game on even further, which everybody hates, and would make the game last way longer than it should.

It’s also not very friendly for newer players. As this kit is very powerful I would assume it would be like the Frosting kit, which is a very hard to get kit. This means newer players couldn’t get the kit. If the newer players are playing against experienced players, they are already at a disadvantage, but if they are playing against experienced players with invincibility that would make the game totally unplayable for them. Newer players just wouldn’t play Cake Wars, which isn’t great for a server that wants to boost player count.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    senseimilla likes this.
  17. I'll nerf the invisibility, so if you are 20 blocks away on someone's base (so really it's bridging), you will be visible, and if you get hit, you will be exposed too, to prevent unfair PVP. + I'll remove Blindness.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  18. With the ongoing Frosting controversy, I really don't think this is a good idea. It seems way too overpowered, considering you can turn invisible every other minute. I don't think the blindness sword is good because, as previously said, blindness for even 10 seconds can be crippling in a CakeWars battle. I'm gonna have to be -1 on this idea.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  19. I removed blindness, and you can get your invisibility exposed if you PvP with someone, or hit someone, are 20 blocks near the island at least, or if your at someone’s base.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 21, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  20. This again takes away the playing style. You have to add a kit that is fairly balanced like the 3 cake wars has to offer. Something not overly powered, but simple

Posted Apr 21, 2019