• 1314 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4369 Players Online
  • 3055 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Add /afk mode

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ATruePitato, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Heyo!

I'm sure most of you know what /afk mode is, however, for those who don't here's a brief explanation on what /afk mode is: a player can do /afk to notify players that the specific player is AFK. So, basically my suggestion is that when a player is going to go AFK and they type /afk and another person messages them it'll look like this: Hey, there! The player you were trying to message is currently away from his / her keyboard (controller, etc.), we'll notify you when the player is back! When the player who is AFK returns the player who previously messaged him / her will get a notification saying this: The user who you were trying to message earlier is not away from his / her keyboard (controller, etc.) anymore, feel free to message them! There will be a way where you can disable this to prevent spam for the staff team, etc.

-Thanks for checking out my suggestion!

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  2. This has been suggested by other people. It is a decent idea, but a useless one. If I message someone and they don't answer, I would assume they are AFK, it would be a cool add, but a waste of time for the devs.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  3. Herro!

I don't think this is worth the devs time, seeing as its often easy to see if people are AFK just by DMing them and seeing if they respond. I agree with @ElementBear that its really not necessary, so for that reason...

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  4. I feel the concept is good and will save time for people trying to communicate with their friends/allies, but I feel it should be elaborated more on or maybe have more features. It seems a little pointless right now and, as mentioned above, kinda a waste of time for developers. Good idea, just a bit more work for it I feel. -0.5

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  5. Although it's a good idea, I don't think it would be necessary. It's kinda common sense if someone doesn't respond then their afk. I just don't think the devs should spend time on something that isn't necessary. I like your idea but it would have to be a -1 for me.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  6. Hello!

This doesn't seem like a good idea in my opinion. If they don't respond, they are often considered AFK. Not much of a need to add this. This isn't necessary in my opinion. -1 from me. o/

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  7. I personally don’t like this idea for a few reasons. First allowing this command would allow players to build up in-game time if they were applying for Trainee. Secondly this would allow a bunch of people to take up space in lobbies making them filled with more people, especially Staff-1. I understand you have good intentions and is a way to help players without being kicked but there’s just too many drawbacks to your idea.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  8. Hey,

From what I see the Developers hardly have time to tend to the minigames we play. I just don't know if it's worth the time to add this feature.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  9. I don't think this should be given to players, but I could see a use for it for staff. But if you give it to players it opens a lot of opportunities for in-game time boosting as January34 said above. I don't think it is worth implementing to a server as large as Mineplex. -1

Have a good day
    WackityQuack

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  10. I have seen a similar thread about an AFK mode feature, which can be found here. I do not think it is a great idea to add an AFK feature because they may not be able to see their message. If they are not looking at their screen for at least 3-5 minutes, then they will not see the message right away. Again, the Developers will not have time to implement a new feature, and it may be unnecessary.

Overall, I will have to disagree with the idea that you have. -1

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 12:52 AM
  11. I don't think this addition would be necessary. First of all, if a player is going to go AFK, it would make the most sense to simply exit Mineplex. However, even if the player did not mean to go AFK, there are still plenty of reasons why this feature may be unnecessary. For example, upon hearing a sound effect from /msg, the user may return. Also, it is possible to figure out if a player is AFK simply by seeing if they respond or not. Overall, I do not think this feature would be worthwhile.

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 7:08 AM
  12. In my opinion this addition would not be necessary. If a player wants to go afk, he can go anywhere in the lobby that he wishes and go afk, or even leave the server. If a player is standing and not moving any sensible person would be able to tell that that person is AFK. Also, the player would be required to execute the command /afk and if they are in a hurry (such as going for food, or being called by parents to do some chores) they wouldn't do the command. To conclude I do not think this feature would benefit anyone.

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 2:35 PM
  13. Agreeing with the majority here. It's a great idea on paper and would be a nice QoL change for some but not the entire playerbase so I can't justify it being 100% worth the resources it would take to implement this. Especially because we have a ton of other stuff we want to do. Thank you for sharing your idea with us though!

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 2:44 PM
    ATruePitato likes this.