• 99 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2477 Players Online
  • 2378 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Add ability to make custom servers

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by VoidNnja, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Should Bedrock players be allowed to make custom servers?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don’t care I play for fun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. After playing on the home of bees for a while, I noticed that they have a /cs command that is used to create custom servers if the player wants a different way to play the game, or they like playing games competitively. And I also recently saw a thread asking for map downloads to use in a YouTube video, so the video creator doesn’t have to deal with random players coming in and wrecking whatever he’s doing. Java Edition also already has this in the form of MPS, so I’m surprised no one has brought this up for Bedrock Edition.

Reasons it would be good:

• Free advertising when people use it to make role play videos and whatnot (as stated above)
    • Will allow for competitive gameplay (I know AbleToStrafe, SmokeyCobYT and a couple others are currently running a Ranked CakeWars tournament, and after watching their videos you can tell the random players are really annoying, especially when they suck and people who are competing without a full team end up with those randoms)

I’m guessing the response to this thread would be that it’ll split the playerbase, but the home of the bees has this cool system in place where there’s a limit to how long you can play on custom servers everyday. Making people without ranks unable to run the /cs command (but still play in custom servers run by people with ranks obviously) would give more people incentive to buy ranks, and people with ranks would also be allowed to play in custom servers longer then people without ranks, adding even more incentive to buy a rank.

So that’s my idea, please voice and concerns and opinions you have, and feel free to criticize or make suggestions.

Posted Jul 31, 2021
    zapig, popson74, AbleToStrafe and 4 others like this.
  2. yess, 100%

people could host tournaments much easer

Posted Jul 31, 2021
  3. This idea is already on Java as you mentioned, and it works well. This would make competitive play easier too, so I think this should be added to Bedrock.

Posted Jul 31, 2021
  4. Hey!

Thanks for bringing this idea up!

If I understand you currently, you want people to be able to download maps? If so this idea has been denied before by dutty and the builders, and I don't see the maps becoming public anytime soon.

I do think that adding a sort of MPS system into the Bedrock network would be very beneficial for multiple reasons, like you said Content Creators would be able to hold tournaments and interact with their viewers more. If it was implemented, I believe that Event Squad would be able to start hosting Bedrock events rather than only Java events. And it would add an extra incentive to buying ranks! Overall great idea!

Posted Jul 31, 2021
    traincar100 and Polar8 like this.
  5. I think this really should be added to bedrock, I do enjoy the feature on the java server. Plus two featured servers on bedrock already have private games.

Posted Aug 1, 2021
  6. Sorry for sounding so confusing in that sentence lol, I was in fact using downloadable maps as another example for why we need custom servers, because we’re obviously never going to get downloadable maps as you said, hence why custom servers would help with people wanting to make videos that require role playing (A great example is this one CakeWars video by someone who was/is named Ufy, in which his friends role played as CakeWars stereotypes on Java. While he could have made this CW stereotypes video by simply recording random players, they’re too unpredictable, especially on Bedrock where most of the play base isn’t much older then 10).

Also can some mod please move this to Bedrock ideas I was being an idiot last night and accidentally posted it in Bedrock discussion.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 1, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 1, 2021
    CatFan105 and AfflictionMR like this.
  7. +1 potato

Posted Aug 1, 2021
  8. we need a potato beside the like button for posts instead if commenting +1
    and display how much you have:

[​IMG]
    lol

Posted Aug 1, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 1, 2021
    AfflictionMR likes this.
  9. I approve this message, Ranked Cakewars would he so much easier with Custom Servers. We still managed to make Season One work pretty well though with what we have access to xD

Posted Aug 1, 2021
    zapig, VoidNnja and traincar100 like this.
  10. Hi!

I went ahead and moved this thread to the Bedrock Ideas sub-forum - next time feel free to use the report feature on the forums next time something like that happens and a member of the Forums Management team will get to it!

Posted Aug 1, 2021
    VoidNnja likes this.