• 332 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4514 Players Online
  • 4182 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Add a replay Mode to games and report Mode

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by KillenDeath, Jan 12, 2022.

?

Do you want add Replay and report mode to the game?

1. YES!

81.3%
  2. no!

18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. add these modes can help Mineplex get more player and we can ban hacker immediately!
    Replay mode : we can watch and review and watch good player control and technique!

Posted Jan 12, 2022
  2. This can help everyone a lot!!!!!!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 12, 2022
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  3. This will happen when pigs can fly irl

Posted Jan 13, 2022
    dogeygamer23 likes this.
  4. exactly

Posted Jan 13, 2022
    user61f2df26bed4d likes this.
  5. While this would be absolutely amazing to have, this isn't going to be added for a long while, if ever. Just for the fact that we have very limited developers and how long and complicated it would take to develop. If we were to all of a sudden get a lot of new developers, then sure, they can work on this. However I don't see Mineplex hiring a bunch of new developers anytime soon, so I am going to assume this is most likely never going to happen, unless Mineplex can somehow get this out even though it might take quite a while to do.

Posted Jan 13, 2022
  6. Hi
    I think this would be something nice to see in the future, for all the reasons you listed. It would be helpful for reporting and could potentially save a lot of time especially if people don't have a convenient way to record. It would also be neat to rewatch the game and learn new strategies. As stated above, however, there just isn't a whole lot of development time. I think there are many things that should come first—bug fixes for example— before adding something like this, especially with the current size of the dev team. Once these things are out of the way and it makes sense for new things to be added, I would love to see this added.

Overall, I really like this suggestion and I think it could be super useful. I just don't see it happening anytime soon in the near future. Great idea though:)

Posted Jan 14, 2022
  7. I have to agree with the people who commented above me. I personally feel like this is an excellent idea that a lot of people would like to have implemented. However, we just don't have the resources right now to devote towards Implementing this as the Dev list is already overflowing with things needing to get done. I do potentially see this being adding in a far future once player base regrows and the development team potentially gets larger, however until then we are at the mercy of Dev time which there just isn't a lot of :/ Great idea though!

Posted Jan 15, 2022
  8. thank you everyone!!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 17, 2022
  9. This server would get more traffic if the hacking was dealt within some way. I don't see how it can grow any larger without fixing so many negative experiences. One hacker will rip through a dozen games effecting hundreds of users. I just caught one and went through the process of reporting.

Posted Feb 6, 2022
    AdventureSeeker101 likes this.
  10. hypixel as one and its crazy good, really game changing codding and it would be so hard to create and as i see your on bedrock only? so that would need alot more work but would be aamzing

Posted Feb 6, 2022
    AdventureSeeker101 likes this.
  11. Hello!

There have been multiple multiple threads about this same topic in the past and from what I've seen the same two answers seem to surface.

"Mineplex doesn't have the ability to add a Replay Mod right now"

This is a true statement, as Bedrock only has one front-end DEV and the amount of time I'd imagine it would take him to make a replay mod for Bedrock, then add it and have it not be buggy to the point of being unusable is like a very very long time.
    Bedrock also has a lot of things that are more pressing that should be fixed, rather than adding something new. While I agree that adding more reporting options would be super helpful, it's just not feasible to have our one DEV working on that right now when there's so much else that needs to be done.

"A /report is planned and will be added SoonTM"

Our DEV has come out and said that there is going to be a /report feature added to Bedrock sometime in the future. This could be anywhere from a few months from now to years, it just depends on what all he has time to do and what is more pressing like I said.

Right now I really encourage you to use our current methods of Reporting as they are as efficient as we need right now. I understand that not a lot of people have the ability to record, especially on Bedrock. Therefore, when you do have that option and you help make reports on people that break our rules, you are immediately helping to make the server a better place.

If you have the means to record please take advantage or our reports program which can be found at https://www.mineplex.com/reports and the Reporting Guide which can answer a lot of questions you may have about the process.

I've looked at your profile and it appears that you're not old enough to have Discord, but that is an option for when you are old enough to have it. We have a #report-palyers channel for people to drop the names of rule breaks and its optional for staff members to go in-game and find them right then. However this isn't mandatory for any staff member and a lot of those go un-checked so I'd highly reccomend just using the forums if you have the means.

Here are some other threads you can read if you're interested in seeing other peoples responses in the past.
    Links: Thread1 and Thread2

TLDR

- /report will be added in the future with no determined timeframe
    - a replay mod will not be added any time soon

Thank you for creating a thread expressing your idea! Have a great night o/

Posted Feb 6, 2022
  12. /report would be cool cant wait for it to happen so as other planned updates but him being only one dev is mineplex looking for more devs? seems like its been a while thats theres only one and mineplex is pretty big and could easily get more good ones

Posted Feb 6, 2022
  13. Alex (the Lead DEV) said back in June of 2021 was the last time in the MPD that he said he was still actively looking for DEVs. I'm not sure if the hiring process is still active or not though. Both Morgan (backend DEV) and Timmi (Java) were hired so progress!

Posted Feb 6, 2022
  14. As others have mentioned, a report system has already been accepted for Bedrock, it is just a matter of when the development team can work on it. Because of this, we will not be creating a replay system. This system would be somewhat redundant with a report system and would be extremely time demanding for something that has numerous solutions. Further, as GWEN is updated, there hopefully will be less need for reporting, which would make the replay system further redundant.

Because we already have a /report feature and GWEN updates processed, I will be locking this thread and marking it as processed (keep in mind, only report is processed, replay is currently not planned). If you have any questions, please feel free to private message me.

~Thread Locked, Processed

Posted Feb 24, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.